What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Round 14 could be a good round.

Manly v Souths @ Brookvale - Should draw 16-17K
Bulldogs v Broncos @ Telstra - Should be 16-18K at least
Sharks v Warriors @ Toyota - Around 11K
Panthers v Roosters @ CUA - Around 14K (Penrith's support this year has been reasonable)
Cowboys v Storm @ Dairy Farmers - 20K easily
Eels v Dragons @ Parramatta - Usually a big derby between the two, should at least be larger than 16K
Tigers v Titans @ Campbelltown - Will go near to sell out, so 18K or so
Knights v Raiders @ Newcastle - MNF will hurt the Knights crowds abit, so around 15K

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
10,121 @ Telstra.
7,341 @ Brookvale.

Better than last weekend in terms of numbers, but the weather was more or less the same.

mattyg

Bench
only 7,000 odd at brookie?? damn thats dissapointing...i thought they'd get at least 13-14k. They drew more than that in the rain last year when they weren't top of the table. Oh well i guess it doesnt make the 10k dogs crowd look so bad against an out of town team.

Timmah

Staff member
Dead set though, we would've had 5 times what Souths did last week, and they reckon it was only double? f**k orf.

mattyg

Bench
yeah i know...maybe we should have also counted all the members who didn't turn up tonight, coz i'm sure they didn't count them. at the game i predicted 10k and i was pretty much spot on :).

colonel_123

Juniors
mattyg said:
only 7,000 odd at brookie?? damn thats dissapointing...i thought they'd get at least 13-14k. They drew more than that in the rain last year when they weren't top of the table. Oh well i guess it doesnt make the 10k dogs crowd look so bad against an out of town team.

There was a lot more rain and Brookvale from the looks of things on tv, and Brookvale is far more exposed then Telstra.

Timmah

Staff member
A lot more? Give me a break. Mid second half it was bucketing down at TS.

colonel_123

Juniors
Dodger said:
A lot more? Give me a break. Mid second half it was bucketing down at TS.

Maybe it was, I'm just going off my observations of how it looked on TV and from the looks of things there was a lot more rain at Brookvale...

brendothejet

First Grade
Look it is absolutely f**keting down in sydney and has been most of the week. Its amazing that anyone has walked outside their door at all.

Timmah

Staff member
This week 6/8 games are in the Sydney basin and one more is just 120k's up the road.

Only the Cowboys crowd will save us this weekend.

t-ba

Post Whore
Collingwood Storm said:
heaven forbid they schedule football matches in winter...what were the powers at be thinking

If last weekend happened 15 years ago, the majority of matches would have been postponed. Most PL, Flegg and JB cup fixtures were. This is not regular winter weather dipsh*t, and a bit rich from a Storm 'fan' who claimed he didn't go to a Storm match because he'd rather watch some Flogball match on the TV at the Lexus centre...

Now run along...

Timmah

Staff member
Most PL games were played, only two of six were called off. But you're right with the others and the sentiment RE: Melbourne supporters with no idea.

Only reason I ventured out last night is because I paid $300 to be a season ticket holder and I put 50,000 layers of clothing :crazy:

t-ba

Post Whore
Dodger said:
Most PL games were played, only two of six were called off. But you're right with the others and the sentiment RE: Melbourne supporters with no idea.

Only reason I ventured out last night is because I paid $300 to be a season ticket holder and I put 50,000 layers of clothing :crazy:

He's not a storm fan, he's an AFL nark masquerading as a storm fan.

ByRd

First Grade
Dodger said:

same ehere lol i was in about 6 layers last night lol but will go to any game no matter what, will be at brookie on friday night, bring it on!!!