What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

fanatique

Juniors
Guys we can talk weather all we like but these are NBL or New Zealand A League standard crowds.

Crowd wise this season started encouragingly but has taken a nose dove and with the Titans honeymoon period wearing off and the inevitable fall offf effecting them as well we will be lucky to average 15,000.

t-ba

Post Whore
fanatique said:
Crowd wise this season started encouragingly but has taken a nose dove and with the Titans honeymoon period wearing off and the inevitable fall offf effecting them as well we will be lucky to average 15,000.

The average will be in the 15k's. This week's an aberration, and the average is already to high to see it really dip that low by seasons end.

But whoever schedules the NRL should be shot. An entire round in New South Wales, with FOUR matches in Sydney the weekend before an Origin at Homebush? Farkin idiots...

ozzie

Bench
bobmar28 said:
4,168, thats pathetic. Amalgamation is the only way to start filling stadiums.
so then the crowd would be 4,168 - god your thick. It was a near flood, a warning went out about staying at home, power strikes and you expect them to drive - your stupidity astounds me

t-ba

Post Whore
ozzie said:
so then the crowd would be 4,168 - god your thick. It was a near flood, a warning went out about staying at home, power strikes and you expect them to drive - your stupidity astounds me

Catch public transport...It's not like it could be any less reliable :sarcasm:

Brutus

Referee
t-ba said:
The average will be in the 15k's. This week's an aberration, and the average is already to high to see it really dip that low by seasons end.

But whoever schedules the NRL should be shot. An entire round in New South Wales, with FOUR matches in Sydney the weekend before an Origin at Homebush? Farkin idiots...

And we had Origin 1 played on a Wednesday night at Suncorp Stadium followed by the Bulldogs v Cowboys at the same ground 2 nights later then the Broncos v Knights on the Sunday.

They are freakin stupid.

t-ba

Post Whore
Brutus said:
And we had Origin 1 played on a Wednesday night at Suncorp Stadium followed by the Bulldogs v Cowboys at the same ground 2 nights later then the Broncos v Knights on the Sunday.

They are freakin stupid.

Don't forget the Monday Night Football match was originally scheduled for Lang Park that week as well. And there was a game just down the road at Carrara on the Saturday.

I can't believe they gave the SEQLD teams their bye on the weekend of the ONLY SoO match in Sydney this year! ](*,).

Brutus

Referee
t-ba said:
Don't forget the Monday Night Football match was originally scheduled for Lang Park that week as well. And there was a game just down the road at Carrara on the Saturday.

I can't believe they gave the SEQLD teams their bye on the weekend of the ONLY SoO match in Sydney this year! ](*,).

I forgot about those games. What drugs were the NRL on when they did the season draw?

Whoever is responsible for this schedualing madness ought to be sacked immediately.

colonel_123

Juniors
fanatique said:
Guys we can talk weather all we like but these are NBL or New Zealand A League standard crowds.

Mate I still don't know what you expect?

It wasn't just the fact that there was freezing cold, driving rain and howling wind.

The Hunter, Newcastle, Central Coast and Sydney regions were hit by the worst storm in 30 years.

Emergency services and the Premier actually told residents of Sydney to avoid all unnecessary travel on Friday and Saturday because of the safety risks involved in being out during the storm.

The ferry services were all cancelled (Cremorne warf sunk!), there was traffic chaos in some parts of the city, downed power lines, flash flooding...

For god's sake the death toll from the storm now stands at 8 and people are still here complaining that not enough people travelled out in this weather to see a bloody football game!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...-in-storm-havoc/2007/06/10/1181414111373.html

ozzie

Bench
t-ba said:
Catch public transport...It's not like it could be any less reliable :sarcasm:
again your stupidty astounds me - buggered if I would get on a bus in that weather - its just on the road which I said was slippery - grow up

t-ba

Post Whore
ozzie said:
again your stupidty astounds me - buggered if I would get on a bus in that weather - its just on the road which I said was slippery - grow up

And you're inability to detect sarcasm astounds me...read some of the thread. I'm the first to defend Sydney crowds on this board...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
fanatique said:

$1m says you live nowhere near Sydney or the Hunter. You're a deadset moron.

Timmah

Staff member
NZ v Melbourne. Crowd: 6,309

Round 13 - June 8-11
Rabbitohs/Panthers TELSTRA 5,053
Raiders/Eels CANBERRA 11,232
Roosters/Cowboys AUSSIE 4,186
Warriors/Storm MT SMART 6,309

4 Matches - TOTAL 26,780 AVERAGE 6,695

Timmah

Staff member
Newcastle v WT @ EAS, 13,609

Round 13 - June 8-11
Rabbitohs/Panthers TELSTRA 5,053
Raiders/Eels CANBERRA 11,232
Roosters/Cowboys AUSSIE 4,186
Warriors/Storm MT SMART 6,309
Knights/Tigers E A S 13,609

5 Matches - TOTAL 40,389 AVERAGE 8,078

Timmah

Staff member
A very long time I'd imagine.

F**king ace to the Newie and Tiger fans out there today, in particular the locals.

Incredible effort.

I wonder what we'll get tomorrow. If it wasn't for the weather I'd have been severely disappointed with anything less than 15k. I don't know what to expect now even though a fine day is predicted for tomorrow.