What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 recruitment drive by Smithy

Ben

Bench
But if you want to look further into the future and if you assume Mullen's ability continues to sky-rocket at the rate it is going now, i would pick Mullen. Mullen is the riskier option but will provide better returns if everything turns out to be positive.

The Devil

Bench
But watching Mullens game last weekend didn't exactly inspire me, or lead me to believe that he was the 'next big thing'

Although he is young and has all the talent and potential, he is still learning.

And it is up to the coach to teach him well, and i believe Smith will teach him very well and turn him into a very potent player. In the mean time i'm not going to hype him up now, as many on this forum have (no offence), to be greater than he really is.

He is still 18 folks, lets give him time to develop before we start claiming he is the next big thing. I mean look at the Raiders and their obssession with Carney ;-) :p

knights fanatic

Juniors
i think the purchase of both widders and snith would be an awsome boost and would see other top level follow their lead over the next few years providing the cash is available.how long does reynoldson have left on contract?????

RABK

Referee
No, just becasue they probably want to follow smith to parra doesn't mean we'l ltake them. Just Widders and Smith thankyou.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Prefer Quinn to burt anyday, Quinny used to have a touch of Doogs to his game, hopefully one day he'll regain that.

aqua_duck

Coach
bluesbreaker said:
Prefer Quinn to burt anyday, Quinny used to have a touch of Doogs to his game, hopefully one day he'll regain that.
True he use to, these days he's just a bitch.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I'd play like a bitch too with Carmont on my inside. Wonder how many times old Quinny has wanted to throw the ball at him...

The Devil

Bench
Burt, Wagon and Vella are possibly the worst three in the Eels line-up.

If they come over here, i'll cry.

Smith and Widders i wouldn't mind coming, if that ever happens. Plus i wouldn't mind Cannings coming up as well.. A big prop who has potential.

Special K

Coach
I haven't read this topic so I don't know if it has been mentioned but.

Paul Stringer is more than likely heading up the F3

RABK

Referee
I never knew this - former Knights lower grader Josh Smith is the older Brother of current Eels centre Ben Smith.

With Josh and his brother and other family living in Newcastle i'm starting to think it is highly likely Ben Smith will be heading up the F3 at seasons end....

knights9

Juniors
I dont know if i really want Ben Smith in Newcastle sure he will be great for us but i would perfer to give Brad Tighe a spot.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
macavity said:
plus Mullen is one of us.

This club wasn't founded to promote pommy rugby league... where quality locals are available they should be first preference.

reily, joint, jackson. Throw in the many new zealanders from our earlier years.

Alex28

Coach
knights9 said:
I dont know if i really want Ben Smith in Newcastle sure he will be great for us but i would perfer to give Brad Tighe a spot.
Sorry mate - right now I'd have Ben Smith over Brad Tighe in First Grade. Brad sounds like he needs to prove himself in Reserves before warranting First Grade - I mean hell George Carmont is chosen over him week after week!

Ben Smith has the potential to go down as a very very good Centre and would make a great replacement for Matt Gidley. Can only see good from him coming here.