What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Year of the Rabbit

ShineDog

Juniors
With Jason Taylor taking over as the leading man ,South Sydney are heading towards the playoffs.

Souths have obviously purchased some new stars for the 07 season : Vagana / Asotasi / Kidwell / Widders / J.Smith.
As a Doggies supporter , I generally add two competition points on to the table before Souths and Canterbury meet.
However this year, IMO this will be a different story.
Souths have the team and the coach to be a major competitor in the 2007 season.

Will the 2007 South Sydney team give its supporters something to cheer about ?
Are they a realistic chance of making the eight?

gregstar

Referee
ShineDog said:
With Jason Taylor taking over as the leading man ,South Sydney are heading towards the playoffs.

Souths have obviously purchased some new stars for the 07 season : Vagana / Asotasi / Kidwell / Widders / J.Smith.
As a Doggies supporter , I generally add two competition points on to the table before Souths and Canterbury meet.
However this year, IMO this will be a different story.
Souths have the team and the coach to be a major competitor in the 2007 season.

Will the 2007 South Sydney team give its supporters something to cheer about ?
Are they a realistic chance of making the eight?

i think souths may well be minor premiers & challenge for the title.

time for my medication.

mckinks

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
They'll go allright. I like the fact that all teams are now competitive.

You know, I was thinking exactly the same thing tonight. It's almost as though the top sides have lost one or two gamebreakers that the weaker sides have gained.

I just hope that it's a tight race in the final weeks, much like it was in 2005.

Inferno

Coach
gregstar said:
i think the sharks will be the big improvers in '07.

Shut up Greggy, I like it better when everyone expects us to fail miserably and get the spoon.

gregstar

Referee
Inferno said:
Shut up Greggy, I like it better when everyone expects us to fail miserably and get the spoon.
LOL!

& what is the track record when people think that?

mckinks

Juniors
Oh, and the Bunnies will make the 8. They've got enviable strength and depth in the forwards and the backs may just surprise. ;-)

Plus, they've probably got the finest sports physio in Australia (Errol Alcott) preventing and overseeing injuries. That's a big deal.

TeamSatan

Juniors
I read somewhere that it is chinese year of the pig...does that mean gus gould will become premier??

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
I actually forgot that there still is a souths team - thanks for joggin the memory Shinedog!!

As for how they will go? Puss....

HAHAHAHA I love it, This will only get better I swear !!!!! Souths will have a terriable season in 07 collecting the spoon once again. This forces them to spend even more money behind the scenes, recruiting Sonny Bill Williams, Ali Lauitiiti, Benji Marshal and oddly enough Luke Covell, further enhancing their kiwi depth. They even get Brad Fittler in as an assistant coach and announce a new sponsorship deal with Cadbury Chocolates who make a giant 15 metre Chocolate rabbit to be unveiled at Souths first home game pre-show.

Souths will go on to have there most successfull off seasons in many years when they manage to win one of their trial games. The fans go crazy, Jason Taylor becomes on par with Elvis Presley for fame and all pre-season tickets are sold.

Unfortunately in a some what of a telling omen, the tempertures at Rabbit park are so intense for the first home game of the season, with the huge crowd gathering eagerly awaiting the new demonic bunnies, that the 15 metre Chocolate rabbit half melts away to reveal a destorted and horrifing figure. Russel crowe and tom Cruise try to spur the home fans on by parading their new born children around the park in south colours.

However this is not enough as Souths go on to record their worst ever defeat in history lossing 128 - 0 to the cronulla Sharks. In in a strange and unussual twist souths go on to become a cult favorite with the international Gay community. Their performance in losing to the sharks in hot sweaty conditions with grown men tackling each in chocolate mud pools becomes an international DVD hit, THE BUNNY IN THE HOLE even outsells and becomes more downloaded than Pam and tommy's video, and even Parris Hiltons video.

Once again Souths brace themselves for another season in 09. But this time they only name one new signing. IAN ROBERTS - a former hard nosed second rower who has once again has come out of retirement and refound his love for rugby league, and promises to bring all his balls skills to the bunnie Rabbits. One can only hope the rabbits fans are not dissapointed once again!

GOOD LUCK BUNNIES !!!!!

Latest posts