What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Ladder... have a go

ozzie

Bench
yobbo84 said:
Souths came 7th this year with probably the worst halves in the competition. Now imagine we punted Jeremy Smith/Joe Williams and had Craig Wing in the halves all year. That alone plus the return of David Kidwell should see us move up a position or two on the ladder IMO.
when does age have something to say - your team has a few old men Kidwell and the unrealiable Withers - I think you will go the other way - down. Have you still got the 34 year old centre - the gloss has gone off Av a piece of toast- ASATOSI he got his arse kick by other teams in the international games, so I read. Wing will wonder what hit him as his forwards get tired - good player that he is he won't make that much difference to a team with a squeaky wheel

1. Storm
2.eels
3. Manly
4. Roosters
5. Brisbane
6. Warriors
7. Sharks
8. dragons

9. Tigers
10. Souths
11. canberra
12. Titans
13. Penrith
14. Newcastle
15. Dogs
16. Penrith

sorry Penrith but I don't think you have a very good coach

t-ba

Post Whore
ozzie said:
Wing will wonder what hit him as his forwards get tired

Really?

Wouldn't he be more like "He're we go again?" after the last three seasons with the Roosters?

coolumsharkie

Referee
ozzie said:
when does age have something to say - your team has a few old men Kidwell and the unrealiable Withers - I think you will go the other way - down. Have you still got the 34 year old centre - the gloss has gone off Av a piece of toast- ASATOSI he got his arse kick by other teams in the international games, so I read. Wing will wonder what hit him as his forwards get tired - good player that he is he won't make that much difference to a team with a squeaky wheel

Thats pretty funny, even though I agree ...TMOTH would be proud of you.

1. Storm
2. Broncos
3. Warriors
4. Cowboys

5. Raiders
6. Rabbitohs
7. Sea Eagles
8. Eels

9. Sharks
10. Knights
11. Titans
12. Roosters
13. Tigers
14. Dragons
15. Panthers
16. Bulldogs

Iafeta

Referee
macavity said:
after seeing the Knights v Warriors trial

I am now very very confident we will make the 8 - we have a fairly well balanced side, lots of depth, and im confident Smithy is going to do his usual trick and turn some fringe guys into very solid players.

I see the Wuzzies sliding a bit - especially now McKinnon is gone.

Saw the trial how, at the game?

14-0 to the Warriors at halftime, the story is the Warriors took off most of the first graders. Obviously Price, Ropati and Tate didn't play any part in the game either.

perverse

Referee
Iafeta said:
Saw the trial how, at the game?

14-0 to the Warriors at halftime, the story is the Warriors took off most of the first graders. Obviously Price, Ropati and Tate didn't play any part in the game either.
yeah warriors fans keep wheeling that excuse out and neglect to remember that the knights didn't send half their first grade team over... including nearly the entire forward pack.

a trial is just that... a trial. the only conclusion that should come out of that game is that it's a crying shame that mckinnon got so severely injured.

it seems the NZ fans continue to feel the need to make excuses for losing a game that doesn't mean diddly sh*t.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
So the game meant diddly sh*t(which it did) but it also made Knights fans very confident that they will make the 8?

ozbash

Referee
it seems the NZ fans continue to feel the need to make excuses for losing a game that doesn't mean diddly sh*t.

guess knights fans can only take what they can get, even if it was worth diddly.

thank god theres no ladderfor trials, you'd think it was GF time in Newcastle.

Apey

Staff member
And here comes the next instalment of the argument, f**k you guys are pathetic :lol:

One fan says he believes we will make the 8 on the basis of that game and the entire NZ brigade whips out the "the whole of newcastle will be cheering" etc :lol:

It was just a trial guys, no need to get worked up :sarcasm:

Iafeta

Referee
perverse said:
yeah warriors fans keep wheeling that excuse out and neglect to remember that the knights didn't send half their first grade team over... including nearly the entire forward pack.

a trial is just that... a trial. the only conclusion that should come out of that game is that it's a crying shame that mckinnon got so severely injured.

Ahhh... no Einstein, macactivity claims to be confident of the Knights of what he saw. So again, was he at the game?

It's not an excuse, as you so aptly put "a trial is just that", so why bang off about in the stylings of a new era of messiahs being born out? The Warriors lost, no question, the point is who really cared about the result but rather how the main players played. The Warriors were reported to be quite happy with how the first graders went, as were the fans at the game. They were also impressed with how the Knights youngsters handled the Warriors youngsters. How does that bring out the initial comment, unless he was at the game and baring in mind I wasn't, I'd be more than interested in a game review.

For all I know, the trial may point to exactly that, dominance for the Knights and a bad season for the Warriors, but that's a low probability given what you yourself said, "a trial is just that", and I doubt Smithy or Cleary were too concerned with the result but rather the performance and the sealing of combinations, along with the growth of match fitness.

Iafeta

Referee
Apey said:
And here comes the next instalment of the argument, f**k you guys are pathetic :lol:

One fan says he believes we will make the 8 on the basis of that game and the entire NZ brigade whips out the "the whole of newcastle will be cheering" etc :lol:

It was just a trial guys, no need to get worked up :sarcasm:

The ironic thing is, that's what we're saying. We aren't drawing any conclusions from abroad or afar as to what that result means, only those at the ground could truly do that, and even then, both those teams will work on a lot of things...because as you aptly say, it was just a trial. And a good win for Newcastle, no discredit to them at all, but I'm not about to saw off my arm over that result.

perverse

Referee
lol, i was quite confident we'd make the 8 long before the trial.

as i said.. the only news to come out of the trial is bad news for NZ regarding mckinnon (which is sorely disappointing... i've always been quite a warriors fan on the side... i particularly used to love watching stacey jones run his troops around).

big boppa eel

Juniors
Timmah said:
The only reason I think the Dogs will go very well in 2008 is improved performances from players like Armit & Hickey to step up and fill the O'Meley void... and Michael Sullivan slotting into the #9 role.
If Hickey is still the same size, then I wouldn't hold my breath.:) Armit is solid but wont win you a game in my opinion.

t-ba

Post Whore
wittyfan said:

Meh.

Point is, we were still good enough to be the Storms whipping boys on the big night after your insistence we'd fail miserably before we actually did, and Witty produced SFA when the Cowboys rolled all over the Warriors. Bless.

Hopefully L'Estrange spends the year in the Reggies.