What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Ladder... have a go

azzah72

Bench
I'll have a crack!

1. Storm
2. Warriors
3. Roosters
4. Manly
5. Broncos
6. Cowboys
7. Sharks
8. Eels

9. Rabbits
10. Bulldogs
11. Dragons
12.Raiders
13. Tigers
14. Titans
15. Panthers
16. Knights

Its actually very tricky to

tiger_nick

Bench
Sharks will be a top four team this year imo.

I can't do a ladder for the life of me. The only team I can't see missing the 8 are Melbourne. The other 7 could be any of the other 15 teams.

Minotaur

Juniors
I spent 2 hours this arvo righting up a detailed description of my ladder complete with reasons why I chose as I did, then when I went to post it told me the thread had moved and I lost the whole bloody lot. Then I spent another 1 hour tonight typing up a another detailed response (not as detailed as this arvo) to my choices for it to bloody happen again with me losing everything I typed again. So stuff yas, I'm just going to give you my table with no explanation whatsoever.

1. Melbourne Storm
2. Sea Eagles
3. Parra Eels
4. NQ Cowboys
5. NZ Warriors
6. Wests Tigers
7. Brisbane Broncos
8. Sydney Roosters

9. Souths Sydney Rabbitohs
10. St George Dragons
11. GC Titans
12. Penrith Panthers
13. Newcastle Knights
14. Canberra Raiders
15. Canterbury Bulldogs
16. Cronulla Sharks

Even though no team in the comp really deserves favorite to be wooden spoon, I just felt the Sharks showed the least spark out of the lot.

Melbourne Storm are morals to make it back to back titles with a nearly flawless team. They are streets ahead of everyone in consistency and attacking brilliance.

Geohood

Bench
Minotaur said:
I spent 2 hours this arvo righting up a detailed description of my ladder complete with reasons why I chose as I did, then when I went to post it told me the thread had moved and I lost the whole bloody lot. Then I spent another 1 hour tonight typing up a another detailed response (not as detailed as this arvo) to my choices for it to bloody happen again with me losing everything I typed again. So stuff yas, I'm just going to give you my table with no explanation whatsoever.

1. Melbourne Storm
2. Sea Eagles
3. Parra Eels
4. NQ Cowboys
5. NZ Warriors
6. Wests Tigers
7. Brisbane Broncos
8. Sydney Roosters

10. St George Dragons
11. GC Titans
12. Penrith Panthers
13. Newcastle Knights
14. Canberra Raiders
15. Canterbury Bulldogs
16. Cronulla Sharks

Even though no team in the comp really deserves favorite to be wooden spoon, I just felt the Sharks showed the least spark out of the lot.

Melbourne Storm are morals to make it back to back titles with a nearly flawless team. They are streets ahead of everyone in consistency and attacking brilliance.

Type in Word then ... paste.. :p

JB

Juniors
Bit of spare time up my sleeve so i thought it would be interesting to compile the pics everyone has made(yeah, i know..nerd) and come up with a final ladder based on those results.

To get a full 1 - 16 selection i only included those that did full pics from 1 - 16. There we're over 80 selections to compile results from and interestingly 60% chose Melbourne to finsh first.

So this is how the final ladder ended up.

1. Melbourne
2. Manly
3. Cowboys
4. Warriors
5. Eels
6. Bronco's
7. Roosters
8. Rabbito's
9. Sharks
10. Bulldogs
11. Dragons
12. Panthers
13. Titans
14. Tigers
15. Knights
16. Raiders (suprising as i felt they have been pretty stable and building over the last few seasons, and have a bit of continuity.)

paulquinn49

Bench

1. Parramatta
  2. Warriors
  3. Storm
  4. Cowboys
  5. Cronulla
  6. Manly
  7. Titans
  8. Broncos
  9. Dragons
  10. Souths
  11. Roosters
  12. Raiders
  13. Tigers
  14. Knights
  15. Bulldogs
  16. Penrith

OK here goes

1. Melb - again the standouts
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
more daylight then:
2. Parramatta
3. Cronulla
4. Cowboys
5. Manly (as long as the pockets aren't tight)
6. Warriors
7. Tigers (if the 2 plastecine men stay fit)
8. Easts
9. Saints
10. Brisbane
11. Titans
12. Soufs
13. Newcastle
14. Canterbury
15. Canberra
16. Penriff

mxlegend99

Referee
Menace said:
Bit of spare time up my sleeve so i thought it would be interesting to compile the pics everyone has made(yeah, i know..nerd) and come up with a final ladder based on those results.

To get a full 1 - 16 selection i only included those that did full pics from 1 - 16. There we're over 80 selections to compile results from and interestingly 60% chose Melbourne to finsh first.

So this is how the final ladder ended up.

1. Melbourne
2. Manly
3. Cowboys
4. Warriors
5. Eels
6. Bronco's
7. Roosters
8. Rabbito's
9. Sharks
10. Bulldogs
11. Dragons
12. Panthers
13. Titans
14. Tigers
15. Knights
16. Raiders (suprising as i felt they have been pretty stable and building over the last few seasons, and have a bit of continuity.)
I can't see Manly coming second. Or Raiders finishing last.

But the rest of that, looks very possible.

fatshark

Bench
Minotaur said:

1. Melbourne Storm
2. Sea Eagles
3. Parra Eels
4. NQ Cowboys
5. NZ Warriors
6. Wests Tigers
7. Brisbane Broncos
8. Sydney Roosters

10. St George Dragons
11. GC Titans
12. Penrith Panthers
13. Newcastle Knights
14. Canberra Raiders
15. Canterbury Bulldogs
16. Cronulla Sharks

and your reason behind the tigers being so high?

The Dragons look a different side with Gaz there. Ryles is coming off his best season imo, Creagh was very unlucky not to get a rep jersey and with Cooper off contract expect a big season for him. Their halves are coming along great.. I think they'll give the semi-finals a shake with a bit of luck. Maybe they'll perform better with no-one rating them?
The title to the thread is in regards to the Ladder not to how YOU think your team might go. ANd we have news for you
the Dragons are gonna have a loooong season lol.

macavity

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
I can't see Manly coming second. Or Raiders finishing last.

But the rest of that, looks very possible.

I cant see the Knights missing the 8...:sarcasm:

_Johnsy

Referee
I suppose we could take fatsharks word for it, he's had more than 40 years of loooong seasons.

dragonfire

Bench
fatshark said:
and your reason behind the tigers being so high?

The title to the thread is in regards to the Ladder not to how YOU think your team might go. ANd we have news for you
the Dragons are gonna have a loooong season lol.

woo so you think they will make the GF then? its teh only way to have a long season in comparison to other teams. If we can stay injury free then we will at least give the 8 a good run

mxlegend99

Referee
macavity said:
I cant see the Knights missing the 8...:sarcasm:
The odds at Knights missing the top 8, are far greater then the odds at Raiders finishing dead last. And Manly finishing second. :p

nqboy

First Grade
nqboy said:
1-4 Melbourne, Cowboys, Parramatta, Manly
5-8 Roosters, Gold Coast, Warriors, Brisbane
9-12 Illasox, Sharks, Canberra, Bunnies
13-16 Tigers, Newcastle, Penrith, Dogs.
Warriors out, Sharks or Bunnies in.

The Survivor

Juniors
Anyone who has souffs in the 8 have nfi.

A much more realistic 8
1. Melbourne
2. Parra
3. Roosters
4. Cowboys
5. Manly
6. Cronulla
7. Warriors
8. Tigers

dannyboy

Juniors
Minotaur said:
Even though no team in the comp really deserves favorite to be wooden spoon, I just felt the Sharks showed the least spark out of the lot..

Are you aware that the Sharks last year actually had a better for-and-against differential than the Cowboys, Dogs, Rabs & Broncs (all who made the 8) AND that just a single extra goal in 4 of their matches (hell even a field goal in regular time, if they could ever learn how to kick them) would've had them finish 4th.

They may not have the 'spark' to get the monkey off their back but I reckon they're extremely long odds for another pot stirrer.

skeepe

Immortal
I think I'll update my table a little now that we know a bit more about what the season ahead holds

1. Parramatta Eels
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Cronulla Sharks
5. North Queensland Cowboys
6. South Sydney Rabbitohs
7. Brisbane Broncos
8. Manly Sea Eagles

9. New Zealand Warriors
10. Sydney Roosters
11. Gold Coast Titans
12. St George Illawarra Dragons