What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Ladder... have a go

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
macavity said:
I love that everyone seems to be picking the Knights outside the 8.

We will be the big improvers next year, given an even run with injuries.
Buying 2nd rate Dragons players won't get you a big improvement.

Especially given how unhappy your camp appears to be.

1 - New Zealand (Probably the most dangerous forward pack in the game in terms of ball playing)
2 - Parramatta (Best backline in the game, with the exception of their halves, very strong forward pack)
3 - Melbourne (It's melbourne, no explanation really needed)
4 - St George/Illawarra (Pathetic year for them this year, but they've got some really dangerous halves now, and a damn talented backline, probably the quickest backline in the game with size to boot, questions remain over their forward pack).

5 - Sydney (Big improvers in the backend of 07 under fittler, I expect big things with a full off-season under their belt with a coach who actually seems to know his stuff.)
6 - North Queensland (Thurston and Bowen is all they've got, but its all they need, get an injury and say goodbye to 2008 though)
7 - Manly (Loss of Monaghan will hurt them badly)
8 - Gold Coast (The prince factor, if fit will get them into the 8)

9 - Brisbane (Lost too many seasoned campaigners this season IMO)
10 - Canterbury (Backline is pretty ordinary)
11 - South Sydney (It's Souths)
12 - Penrith (Damn good backline, but the loss of Clinton, Gower, Wallace and possibly Priddis will really hurt them)
13 - Cronulla (41 years and nothing)
14 - Wests (Benji's already past it)
15 - Newcastle (Signed poorly, many players are unhappy, can't see them doing any better next year)
16 - Canberra (Only win at home, I can't see them getting any better).

_Johnsy

Referee
Johnny Bravo said:
2 - Parramatta Best backline in the game, with the exception of their halves, very strong forward pack)

They are losing tahu, smith is solid, their 1/2's are average, grothe is hot and cold. I cannot see how they have the best backline, not by a long shot.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
They are losing tahu, smith is solid, their 1/2's are average, grothe is hot and cold. I cannot see how they have the best backline, not by a long shot.
I forgot about Tahu.

Inu, Hayne, Burt, Grothe and Smith is still a pretty formiddable backline, with exception of the halves.

I retract the statement of the best backline though :D

My vote for best backline next year would be with Melbourne or the Dragqueens in that case.

NGR

Juniors
the titans will ahve an awsome team next year... dont know how anyone could pick them last...

Rod

Bench
1. Storm
2. Warriors
3. Broncos
4. Sea Eagles
5. Knights
6. Bulldogs
7. Roosters
8. Eels

9. Raiders
10. Sharks
11. Cowboys
12. Panthers
13. Rabbitohs
14. Tigers
15. Titans
16. Dragons

macavity

Referee
Johnny Bravo said:
Buying 2nd rate Dragons players won't get you a big improvement.

Especially given how unhappy your camp appears to be.

did you see the vision of the dressing room after our last win? the unhappy players are those leaving - and they are unhappy because they are leaving.

I would hardly call Houston & Naiqama 2nd rate - Fatboy Wicks I might agree with you on, and I don't know Luila well.

At any rate it isn't so much the imports we are banking on, more the continued development of our juniors and return to fitness of our best players - we finished 2-3 wins out of the 8 and were missing Bedsy, Kids and Mullo for most of the year, not to mention a certain Jo-E.

3 names to watch for next year - Cooper Vuna, Akuila Uate, Mark Taufua. 2 flyers and the scariest dude in the NRL - if Taufua, Cross and Faaoso can get some time together, the Knights pack will be feared again.

BWNB

First Grade
Timmah said:
Massive losing streak in the latter part of the year?

41 previous years of terrible failure?

If we're lucky with injury i wont imagine that will happen again.

:LOL: thats the most stupid thing i have heard all day... Please explain how our past 41 years will effect our 08 season?

The Knights and Pathers have had success in the last 10 years and they both are celler dwellers. Explain?

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
macavity said:
did you see the vision of the dressing room after our last win? the unhappy players are those leaving - and they are unhappy because they are leaving.

I would hardly call Houston & Naiqama 2nd rate - Fatboy Wicks I might agree with you on, and I don't know Luila well.

At any rate it isn't so much the imports we are banking on, more the continued development of our juniors and return to fitness of our best players - we finished 2-3 wins out of the 8 and were missing Bedsy, Kids and Mullo for most of the year, not to mention a certain Jo-E.

3 names to watch for next year - Cooper Vuna, Akuila Uate, Mark Taufua. 2 flyers and the scariest dude in the NRL - if Taufua, Cross and Faaoso can get some time together, the Knights pack will be feared again.
Wicks is very ordinary.
Houston has to be one of the slowest forwards in the game, pretty useless by the looks of it.
Lulia will probably be a career reserve grader from what I've seen of him.

Naiqama is the only signing from the dragons worth mentioning, but he's been out for most of the season with a knee injury and a major liability off the field. I wouldn't say he's an astute purchase either.

But I agree with you on your juniors coming through. I just don't think alot of them are going to be the players you seem to think they will be next year. Maybe 2009.

1. Storm
2. Sea Eagles
3. Warriors
4. Bulldogs
5. Dragons
6. Knights
7. Eels
8. Broncos

9. Cowboys
10. Roosters
11. Raiders
12. Sharks
13. Soufs
14. Panthers
15. Titans
16. Tigers

not a lot of thought put in.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
1. Who
2. Gives
3. A
4. f**k
5. We
6. Have
7. The
8. Whole
9. Off
10. Season
11. To
12. Talk
13. About
14. This
15. sh*t
16. K.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
1. Melbourne Storm
2. Parramatta Eels
3. North Queensland Cowboys
4. Bulldogs
5. Warriors
6. Manly Sea Eagles
7. Newcastle Knights
8. Brisbane Broncos

9. Souffs
10. Sydney Roosters
11. St George Illawarra Dragons
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Cronulla Sharks
14. Gold Coast Titans
15. Wests Tigers
16. Penrith Panthers

Quite possibly will change quite markedly over the summer :lol:

yobbo84

Coach
Ok we'll all be bloody wrong but here goes:

1. North Queensland
2. New Zealand
3. Melbourne
4. Parramatta
5. South Sydney
6. Bulldogs
7. Manly
8. Brisbane

9. Penrith
10. St George Illawarra
11. Wests
12. Canberra
13. Cronulla
14. Sydney
15. Gold Coast
16. Newcastle

Raider_69

Post Whore
No f**king idea
but canberra will most definitely not win the spoon and we will feature in the top 8... no sure where though

mxlegend99

Referee
Hmmm not sure what each teams top 17 will look like next season, but my guess at the moment would be:

1. Storm
2. Eels
3. Warriors
4. Sea Eagles
5. Souths
6. Panthers
7. Cowboys
8. Bulldogs

9. Raiders
10. Broncos
11. Roosters
12. Dragons
13. Sharks
14. Tigers
15. Titans
16. Knights

Charlie124

First Grade
1. Parra
2. Cowboys
3. Storm
4. Panthers
5. Bulldogs
6. Dragons
7. Eagles
8. Souths

9. Broncos
10. Warriors
11. Titans
12. Tigers
13. Knights
14. Raiders
15. Sharks
16. Roosters

more confident about the top 8 than the bottom 8.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Anyone tipping a Knights wooden spoon had better be prepared to provide me with some kind of sexual favour when their prediction turns out wrong.

Except you, skeepe. I hear syphilis addles the brain.