What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Ladder... have a go

Misanthrope

Staff member
The fact that she has the Roosters and Raiders as top ten locks yet rules out six sides (two of whom made this year's eight) automatically amuses me.

Hallatia

Referee
The Centre said:
I guess that higher power you were talking about in another thread won't be working in 2008.
I am hoping that hose higher powers will not be swinging any which way

and thanks Misanthrope, I do not believe either Cows or Bunnies (or Broncos for that matter) are serious contenders, although this year allowed this top 8 I am hoping every team ups their ante and the quality of the competition is better next year.

Red Bear

Referee
1. Storm
2. Warriors
3. Manly
4. Souths
5. Roosters
6. Parra
7. Bisbane
8. Sharks

Theres a top 8 for you, cannot honestly arrange the bottom 8.

I got the teams for the top 8 right after predicting them from round 4, got order wrong tho but won a bet with my dad:D

t-ba

Post Whore
Red Bear said:
1. Storm
2. Warriors
3. Manly
4. Souths
5. Roosters

6. Parra
7. Bisbane
8. Sharks

Theres a top 8 for you, cannot honestly arrange the bottom 8.

I got the teams for the top 8 right after predicting them from round 4, got order wrong tho but won a bet with my dad:D

That's a pretty sploogeworthy week 1 final.

Shorty

Staff member
Hallatia said:
and thanks Misanthrope, I do not believe either Cows or Bunnies (or Broncos for that matter).
How is Parra any more consistent?
I'd say the Rabbitohs/Broncos are far more consistent,yet Parra are expected to be in top 3??

t-ba

Post Whore
I don't see much of a point in even bothering anymore. Now that all clubs are capable of spending to the cap, determining ladder positions is just f**king impossible. It's not like the days when you could write off Manly/Souths/Wests because they spent about $2m on player wages and North QLD because they were sh*thouse.

macavity

Referee
t-ba said:
It's not like the days when you could write off Manly/Souths/Wests because they spent about $2m on player wages

hmm

they were spending 2mil when everyone else was spending 1.... was justice to see them struggle for a while.

wish they were still struggling.... :(

t-ba

Post Whore
macavity said:
hmm

they were spending 2mil when everyone else was spending 1.... was justice to see them struggle for a while.

wish they were still struggling.... :(

5 years ago we weren't.

Big Mick

Referee
i'm leaning towards Tigers for the spoon.

I've done my preliminary 2008 preview with best teams possible...at this stage...and Tigers look very week.

Brisbane however, are looking very good, as are Warriors and Parramatta. Melbourne seems to have lost a bit, but have a few young guys on the bench and knowing them, they'll still flourish.

Dragons I see may struggle if Dan Hunt, Ricky Thorby etc don't kick on. Their forward pack lacks intimidation, while their backs are good. Some big defensive issues there.

I honestly think Penrith's pack next year can match it with anyone. It will have a top quality front row rotation, as well as durable and dangerous backrowers. The backline is electric, but the big question mark is over the halves and who will fill the Gower void. I've got my suspicions, but if Penrith find a mediocre halfback who can kick, but good enough to put a pass on the chest of our backs with room to move, the forwards will do the rest led by Civoniceiva. If the halfback goes ok...Penrith top 6, if not...then Penrith 9th-12th.

nqboy

First Grade
macavity said:
I love that everyone seems to be picking the Knights outside the 8.

We will be the big improvers next year, given an even run with injuries.
And even if that happens, you could still be well outside the 8.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Bicey_18 said:
1. Knights
2. Storm
3. Warriors
4. Cowboys
5. Bulldogs
6. Tigers
7. Brisbane
8. Manly

9. Eels
10. Panthers
11. Dragons
12. Souths
13. Roosters
14. Sharks
15. Raiders
16. Titans

Newcastle will have a great year in 08... The blooding of the new talent this year will help us for next season as well as some really good purchases.

I actually thingk Knights will make the 8 but minor premiership is a pipe dream, not even Joey tripping would tip that.

1. Storm - minor premiers
2. Warriors
3. Manly
4. Bulldogs
5. Cowboys
6. Brisbane
7. Roosters
8. Eels

9. Dragons
10. Tigers
11. Panthers
12. Sharks
13. Knights
14. Raiders
15. Titans
16. Souths- WOODEN SPOONERS :lol:

netic

Juniors
Top Four ( any order)

Eels
Storm
Bulldogs
Warriors

5 to 8
Tigers
Sharks
Roosters
Cowboys

Remaining positions

Broncos
Panthers
Knights
Souths
Manly
Titans
Dragons
Raiders

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I can't see the knights finishing anywhere higher then 8th next year. Yeah they have some good juniors coming through by so does everyother club. And the players they've brought apart from a few are just simply average first graders.

I think Penrith will have a great year next year. There Flegg & Premier League side has some potential future superstars, and combining that with Jennings, Petro, Wesser etc could well be a huge force for the years to come.

beads6

First Grade
1. Cowboys
2. Titans
3. Warriors
4. Brisbane
5. Roosters
6. Storm
7. Knights
8. Manly

9. Bulldogs
10. Sharks
11. Panthers
12. Eels
13. Rabbitohs
14. Dragons
15. Tigers
16. Raiders

eels_fan_01

Bench
I actually tried to squeeze Raiders in there but couldn't find a spot, i thin k they will push for the 8.

Latest posts