What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Ladder... have a go

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Storm
2. Broncos
3. Roosters
4. Manly
5. Cowboys
6. Parramatta
7. Warriors
8. Sharks

9. Tigers
10. Knights
11. Dragons
12. Titans
13. Bulldogs
14. Canberra
15. Souths
16. Penrith

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: Melbourne
2: North Queensland
3: Manly
4: Parramatta
5: Sydney
6: New Zealand
7: South Sydney
8: Newcastle

9: Brisbane
10: St George/Illawarra
11: Penrith
12: Canterbury
13: Cronulla
14: Gold Coast
15: Canberra
16: Wests

adamkungl

Immortal
Wow Roosters have jumped up big time since Mason signed...
1 Melbourne
2 Roosters
3 Manly
4 Warriors
5 Cowboys
6 Broncos
7 Eels
8 Titans

9 Sharks
10 Tigers
11 Souths
12 Dragons
13 Knights
14 Raiders
15 Panthers
16 Bulldogs

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tigers will win the comp we werent far off making the 8 last year even with a worse squad(though they will only win if there halfs stay healthy)

I fail to see how Wests improved in the off season. I'd like them to do well, I've always had a soft spot for them, but their side remains one of the worst in the competition outside of Farah and Marshall. And one of those guys spends more time on the shelf than spam.

BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
I can't believe this!
The Sharks are so under-rated by you mob, watch out they will be a force in 08', this prediction thread is bookmarked so i cant laugh at all of you who tip the Sharks to miss the 8 in 08'!.

Sharks 1-4 next year, they have heaps to play for, their new stadium, their coach Ricky Stuart, their fans and their reputation!

:blahb:

Reputation? :lol: Don't worry pal. Your team will live up to same reputation that it has developed over the past 41 years............................

Big Mick

Referee
macavity said:
I love that everyone seems to be picking the Knights outside the 8.

We will be the big improvers next year, given an even run with injuries.

You can say that for every team but.

The fact of the matter is...whoever is healthy for the longest period of time...will make the finals.

A few key injuries here and there to any team, even Melbourne, and they struggle. If Melbourne lost Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith...they'd be farked.

If Knights lose Mullen again early and then lose someone like Kidley...then they'll be farked.

If Penrith lose Petero and Jennings then we'll be farked.

If Tigers lose Marshall, Head and Farah..then its curtains for them...

Its just a matter of keeping your best players on the park, all season...the 8 teams that do that the best...will make the finals.

Gee_Up

Juniors
I took into consideration the playing rosters and new interchange rules and think sides like the Sharks and my side are on the up while I think sides like Manly and the Rorters will miss their best players like Monaghan/Wing more than they want to admit.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
1-4
Teams with decent injury runs

5-8
Teams with average injury run but key players stay fit

9-12
Teams who lose key playmakers

13-16
Teams who completely get farked

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
1.Storm
2.Eels
3.Cowboys
4.Sea Eagles
5.Sharks
6.Warriros
7.Broncos
8.Panthers

9.Roosters
10.Rabbitohs
11.Bulldogs
12.Knights
13.Titans
14.Dragons
15.Tigers
16.Raiders

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
joel caine number 1 fan said:
Tigers will win the comp we werent far off making the 8 last year even with a worse squad(though they will only win if there halfs stay healthy:p)
you dumb f**k.

in 2007, The Tigers had one of the poorest forward packs in the competition, some of the poorest defenders in the backs, poor halves, and a less than impressive bench.

In 2008 they will have one of the poorest forward packs, some of the poorest defenders in the backs, improved halves, and a slightly improved bench.

The Tigers at best will achieve 8th spot, on differential. They won't get the spoon either.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gee_Up said:
I took into consideration the playing rosters and new interchange rules and think sides like the Sharks and my side are on the up while I think sides like Manly and the Rorters will miss their best players like Monaghan/Wing more than they want to admit.
Monaghan has been replaced by Perret, with Minichiello coming back into the side. Wing wasn't doing that much anyway, but with Pearce improving, and with the forward pack the roosters now have, they aren't going to need the best hooker in the game anyway. Roosters have only improved their squad, and I dare say they'll push for a top 4 spot, if they stay fit.

adamkungl

Immortal
madunit said:
Monaghan has been replaced by Perret, with Minichiello coming back into the side. Wing wasn't doing that much anyway, but with Pearce improving, and with the forward pack the roosters now have, they aren't going to need the best hooker in the game anyway. Roosters have only improved their squad, and I dare say they'll push for a top 4 spot, if they stay fit.

Don't scare Gee Up with logic. Rational thoughts are new and confusing to him. Monaghan and Wing had done crap all in the last few years until this season. I'm actually more worried about the loss of Monaghan than pretty boy. James Aubusson will fill in nicely methinks.

Gee_Up

Juniors
adamkungl said:
Don't scare Gee Up with logic. Rational thoughts are new and confusing to him. Monaghan and Wing had done crap all in the last few years until this season. I'm actually more worried about the loss of Monaghan than pretty boy. James Aubusson will fill in nicely methinks.

Logic? Ha.. I was at both our clashes last season and Wing and Monaghan were the only two to break the line with ease.. Anasta the real over-rated pretty boy did what he does best.. nothing. His mid field bombs are a real pressure cooker.. :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Storm
Cowboys
Warriors
Rabbitohs
Tigers
Panthers
Knights
Sharks

Eels
Roosters
Titans
Broncos
Raiders
Sea Eagles
Dragons
Bulldogs

mxlegend99

Referee
No specific order

Top 3:
Eels, Storm and Cowboys

4th through 6th:
Broncos, Sea Eagles and Souths

7th and 8th:
Panthers and Roosters.

The rest in a round order:
Warriors
Raiders
Titans
Bulldogs
Sharks
Tigers
Knights
Dragons

Picking the wooden spoon team is just too hard. No team looks like they deserve it. But obviously someone has to get it. I don't really expect it to be Dragons.

Tom Ace

Bench
adamkungl said:

But, apparently we only have two players in our team because both times we played Souths those two played well (apparently). :roll:

I don't mind losing Wing one bit considering we have Aubusson coming in and Monoghan played well towards the end of the season but is replaceable.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
A rough guess for the 8, not taking injury tolls into consideration.

1. Cowboys
2. Newcastle (will be the massive improvers)
3. Warriors
4. Melbourne
5. Souths
6. Saints
7. Manly
8. Brisbane/Easts/Eels

Spoon - Tigers or Raiders

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Really surprised at the ranking of most people's in regards to Canterbury.

I don't really understand how a team with SB Williams in the forward pack and H El Masri kicking goals can go anywhere near a wooden spoon. I'm predicting better form and play than last year but no improvement on position due to a general rise in playing standard. We'll finish somewhere 6th-9th and MAYBE win our first finals match.

Latest posts