What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Ladder... have a go

nzwarriors60

Juniors
nzwarriors60 said:
Mine would be.....

1. Nth Qld Cowboys- With Travis Burns coming in to the side and all there fowards being there I think they will proberly take out the premiership as well.
2. Melborne Storm- Will be similair to 07 but lost a couple of players so will drop a spot.
3. Paramatta Eels- Will do better than 07 even with the loss of Tahu.
4. New Zealand Warriors- Will do better than 07, they get Tate and only real big loss is George Gatis, I tip them for grand finalists.
5. Manly Sea Eagles- Having lost Burns and Monaghan will be adverage in 08
6. Sydney Roosters- With them signing Mason and O'Meily, Minichello coming back and Perret really coming in form I think they will be a force next year.
7. Brisbane Broncos- Same as 08 but will do better in the finals
8. St George Illawarra Dragons- Alot of people don't rate them but i think they have the best backline in the NRL and there fowards arn't to bad either.
9. South Sydney Rabbitohs- Will be hot and cold in 08 and last game will decide if they make the 8 or not.
10. Newcastle Knights- Injury's will be kind but will wait another before really make the 8.
11. Penrith Panthers- I think they will be struck down by injurys and halves will let them down.
12. Cronulla Sharks- 07 form.
13. Canberra Raiders- Will look promising at times but will strugle with inconsistancy
14. Wests Tigers- If Benji and Head are working well I think they will be pushing for the 8
15. Canterbury Bulldogs- Lost to many players and only signed Danny Williams(I think, could be wrong)
16. Gold Coast Titans- Prince, Bailey will be the only good ones.quote]

Slackboy72

Coach
Seriously guys, I don't think we could collectively pick our own noses.

But for the record here are my tips:

The teams I see not improving are Eels, Storm, Cowboys, Dogs and Tigers. The rest all have cause for optimism to varying degrees and almost all with caveats on fitness.

1. Manly
2. Warriors
3. Brisbane
4. Roosters
5. Storm
6. Titans
7. Dragons
8. Knights
9. Souths
10. Eels
11. Cronulla
12. Penrith
13. Cowboys
14. Raiders
15. Bulldogs
16. Tigers

That said it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Tigers and Dogs made the 8.
One thing we could say about 2007 was that 12 teams were very inconsistent. 2 were consistently good. Two were consistently bad. I can't see anything other than my top 4 being consistently good in 2008.

Bicey_18

Bench
Frailty said:
Buds is on the outer, simpsons is overrated, as is mullen. Don't exect much from the knights in the next 3 years (Like out last 41!!!)

Couple of points..

* Buderus is NOT on the outer, unless you can provide a source that he is
* The Simpsons is an ok tv show, not really over rated

Knights will be just fine imo

Bicey_18

Bench
Not so sure on the roosters... I mean they have no halves. Sure they may have Mason and O Meley but without a good halves combination that doesnt mean a thing. Will struggle in 08 imo.

Knightmare

Coach
1. Souths
2. Manly
3. North Queensland
4. Melbourne
5. Warriors
6. Newcastle
7. Wests Tigers
8. Easts

9. Parramatta
10. Gold Coast
11. Brisbane
12. Cronulla
13. Penrith
14. Canberra
15. St George
16. Bulldogs

Bicey_18

Bench
My updated table... I'll admit my last one was pure fantasy lol

1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Warriors
4. Broncos
5. Eagles
6. Eels
7. Rabbitohs
8. Bulldogs
9. Tigers
10. Sharks
11. Knights
12. Roosters
13. Dragons
14. Panthers
15. Raiders
16. Titans

kkingston

Juniors
1.Parramatta
2.Melbourne
3.Manly
4.Cowboys
5.Warriors
6.Sharks
7.Roosters
8.Broncos
9.Tigers
10.Bulldogs
11.Dragons
12.South Sydney
13.Knights
14.Panthers
15.Titans
16.Raider

coolumsharkie

Referee
1.Melbourne
2.Parra
3.Warriors
4.Sharks
5.South Sydney
6.Cowboys
7.Manly
8.Raiders
9.Panthers
10.Roosters
11.Dragons
12.Broncos
13.Bulldogs
14.Titans
15.Tigers
16.Knights

Besides Melbourne it's a lottery imo.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
1. Storm
2. Sea Eagles
3. Cowboys
4. Rabbitohs
5. Tigers
6. Warriors
7. Broncos
8. Roosters
9. Knights
10.Titans
11. Eels
12. Sharks
13. Dragons
14. Bulldogs
15. Raiders
16. Panthers

Gee_Up

Juniors
I think my side will improve but as suggested all sides are very close, even Melbourne will struggle a little with all their big men coming back from injuries and losing Matt King.

Having the 3rd best defense last season and gaining better defenders like Wing and Kidwell will see sides really have to earn their points against us again.

Sutton/Kidwell were gone for extended periods in 2007 and offer wide running and offloads while protecting our little men in defense. We missed both badly last season.

We lost Yak and Williams only.

We have a potential starting 1, 6, 7 and 9 of lightening quick small guys to improve our diabolical 2007 attack. Merritt, Wing, Paea and Luke can target tired big men around the ruck all game. Bowen and Thurston and Campbell and Prince do this quite well.

One thing is for sure.. every game is going to count again in 2008.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
1. Storm
2. Eels
3. Sea Eagles
4. Warriors
5. Sharks
6. Cowboys
7. Titans
8. Knights
9. Roosters
10. Broncos
11. Rabbitohs
12. Tigers
13. Dragons
14. Raiders
15. Bulldogs
16. Panthers

BWNB

First Grade
I can't believe this!
The Sharks are so under-rated by you mob, watch out they will be a force in 08', this prediction thread is bookmarked so i cant laugh at all of you who tip the Sharks to miss the 8 in 08'!.

Sharks 1-4 next year, they have heaps to play for, their new stadium, their coach Ricky Stuart, their fans and their reputation!

Apey

Staff member
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
I can't believe this!
The Sharks are so under-rated by you mob, watch out they will be a force in 08', this prediction thread is bookmarked so i cant laugh at all of you who tip the Sharks to miss the 8 in 08'!.

Sharks 1-4 next year, they have heaps to play for, their new stadium, their coach Ricky Stuart, their fans and their reputation!

Going to be tough to live up to that eh?

Jono078

Referee
1 Sea Eagles
2 Eels
3 Cowboys
4 Roosters
5 Broncos
6 Sharks
7 Storm
8 Raiders
9 Knights
10 Warriors
11 Rabbitohs
12 Titans
13 Dragons
14 Panthers
15 Bulldogs
16 Wests Tigers

Jono078

Referee
parra pete said:
The Bulldogs won't be weakened by the loss of Mason and O'Meley..They will be top 8 again for sure.
They have gone from probably best front row in the comp to worse in a year.

It will impact them majorly IMO.

Their backs are another year older (I dont think that is a great thing when it comes to backs).

And their bench is probably weak as its ever been, something else you need to be successful.

Slackboy72

Coach
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
I can't believe this!

Tell it Kimmorley, not us!