What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

MsStorm

Bench
cq2rx5.jpg
No offence to anyone gay or lesbian on this site (I actually have a couple of gay friends) but it looks like a bit of a promotion for the gay community.
So the Bulldogs might attract a few more supporters.

_Johnsy

Referee
Since when have the C*nterbury bulldogs become a registered charity organisation.

Oh, silly me since the bred not bought fiasco. Jeeesus, that worked well for them didn't it. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Timmah, nowhere has anyone mocked a charity. Lighten up Hamburglar.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Anal retentive? :lol: You made a complaint it was in big letters and hit you in the face - and then you spelt it wrong. :lol:

drake

First Grade
Anal retentive? :lol: You made a complaint it was in big letters and hit you in the face - and then you spelt it wrong. :lol:
Sure did! Big boo boo indeed. Typos, dear God, I'm off to cut myself now.

Try some sex Tim, it might fill the void.

Iafeta

Referee
I haven't got a link for this... but...

THE Warriors will wear their hearts on their sleeves for missing team-mate Sonny Fai.

The team is working with uniform-providers Canterbury Clothing to have an inscription put on their jerseys for both home and away games to honour the courageous second-rower, presumed drowned after saving five relatives from treacherous rips.

"The NRL has given us permission to put something on our jersey," Warriors football manager Don Mann told Sunday News.

"We'll look at putting it either where the Warriors tiki is, which is on the heart of our jersey, or we'll do something on the sleeve ... as in wearing our heart on our sleeve."

The team is also considering dedicating the round-four home match against the Rabbitohs, on April 5, to Sonny as it's the first afternoon game at Mt Smart Stadium.

"It's a Sunday afternoon, it's a good day for the family," Mann said.

"We'll do something in game one too of course. A lot depends on whether we recover Sonny's body before that first game, and also what the thoughts of his family are."

A one-minute's silence and the team's wearing of black armbands for the NRL season-opener, a home game against the Eels on March 14, were also possible.

Sonny's sister Lalelei Fai said the proposed dedication of the South Sydney match to her younger brother would "make me over the moon".

Her family would attend every Warriors home game, backing the team as it had helped them through the tragedy of Sonny's loss.

The 20-year-old rising sensation was swept out to sea at west Auckland's Bethells Beach three weeks ago after saving his 13-year-old brother and four cousins in surging surf.

"I believe if he is up in heaven ... he'll be smiling out at his boys and giving them all the strength that they need to make 2009 a wonderful season," Lalelei said.

Every time her team scored she would look to the skies ... "just bring a tear to my eye".

Lalelei said her family, which has maintained a daily vigil at Bethells, was still "hoping and waiting and praying".

Mann said he was sure the players would carry their emotions over Sonny's tragedy onto the field this season, but they would be controlled emotions.

"If we're to do the right thing by Sonny, it's about concentrating on what needs to be done on the football field and concentrating about what needs to be done on the training paddock," he said.

:clap: Good play by all parties. A great way to honour Sonny Fai.

Timmah

Staff member
Plenty in this thread, pretty sure all are confirmed now...

so to sum up... the clubs that have updated their jerseys for this year are:
Warriors,
Canberra,
Roosters - away,
Manly,
And that's it???

Not a particulary exciting year for the jersey collectors.

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs changed manufacturer and sponsor
Canberra changed the shade of lime on their home strip and CFMEU was improved
Manly changed home strip
Melbourne changed sponsor
NZ Warriors changed manufacturer and jersey design
Souths have swapped home to black and away to white.
Roosters have changed away

There are various alterations to heritage strips too IIRC.