What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Nuke

Staff member
That's very true. I have an issue with clubs doing that. The Warriors one was -at one time- their alternate jersey (early 2000's), so it is a part of their history, but why they chose it is a mystery. Perhaps they're original design (the DB Bitter one) clashed with North Queensland's mostly blue (Newtown-esque) jersey, so they had to find one that didn't clash? Funny how even only 15 years ago teams didn't need alternate jerseys to get by. Okay, maybe the odd team did (Penrith had a whiter jersey, as did Western Suburbs, Western Reds had an alternate redder jersey, and Manly had their 'Pepsi' jersey that they just flipped the colours for occasionally), but really, with the exception of Wests and Penrith, the others weren't really neccessary.

I remember the semi-final in 1992 when Western Suburbs played Newcastle at the SFS. The commentator (ABCtv's Warren Boland) said that Wests applied to the NSWRL so they could wear their white alternate jersey that day because it was a warm day. Otherwise, they would've had to have worn their normal black jersey. These days it's pretty much forced upon them that a team wears an alternate jersey ...

Joker's Wild

Coach
red-alternate-jersey-200-x-.jpg

we must have the old illawarra strip as our away/alternate.

Couldnt agree more Johnsy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The texture/feel of it isn't that great - the home one anyway.

God I hope we get a major sponsor.

Shorty

Staff member
No offence to anyone gay or lesbian on this site
Right,that's why you said the below.
but it looks like a bit of a promotion for the gay community.
So the Bulldogs might attract a few more supporters.
Why does it look gay?
And gay as in gay not the dumb*ss expression people with not enough intelligence to use an actual descriptive word use.

Unless you're talking about the jumper in a negative fashion but no offence,right?

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think she's gone out of her way to offend charity more than the G/L community.

Knightmare

Coach
Something like the collar on the Souths strips is what I think teams should be using if they want something modern, but nothing will ever beat the jerseys in the 80's and 90's with the v-neck but without a collar. THAT was a footy jersey!

Amen to that. I notice Canberra have gone back to that, and the collars on the Kooga jerseys have a kind of square look to them.

Shorty

Staff member
Just realising the irony in people(and Souths fans would especially) calling Roosters fans latte sippers....when Souths head sponsor for a while there was 'Delongy' who manufacture cappuccino machines.
Can't have tell Mr Crowe owns them with delongy and armani:lol:

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Just realising the irony in people(and Souths fans would especially) calling Roosters fans latte sippers....when Souths head sponsor for a while there was 'Delongy' who manufacture cappuccino machines.
Can't have tell Mr Crowe owns them with delongy and armani:lol:
They also make Cookers, Microwaves, kettles, Fridges.....:roll:

Nuke

Staff member
I actually quite like both Newcastle's jerseys, however I have always maintained it needs more red. I have also been one of the biggest supporters of getting the original design back as the main jersey.