What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Ladder... have a go

Jono078

Referee
Anyone rating Canterbury as wooden spooners should take a bet with me. I will leave this forum if they finish last in 2009.

Anyone willing to take that bet should be willing to do the same should they not.

:)
You laughed when I tipped them to come last for this year and was wondering how people could think that...

What makes you confident for next year, it's not like the team is exactly 100% better..

SBW, Maitua, Hickey (prob gone for the year with neck problem), Tonga, Hughes all gone.

What makes you confident for next year, it's not like the team is exactly 100% better..

SBW, Maitua, Hickey (prob gone for the year with neck problem), Tonga, Hughes all gone.

but they have the great origin halfback....

doggone

Juniors
1. Manly
2. Broncos
3. Storm
4. Warriors
5. Dragons
6. Knights
7. Sharks
8. Roosters

Not sure of order

mozza91

Coach
1-Broncos
2-Dragons
3-Manly
4-Knights
5-Storm
6-Cowboys
7-Roosters
8-Sharks

Last edited:

EagleDragon

Juniors
manly
warriors
dragons
sharks
titans
storm
bulldogs
raiders

broncos
roosters
eels
cowboys
knights
souths
panthers
tigers

Raider_69

Post Whore
Anyone rating Canterbury as wooden spooners should take a bet with me. I will leave this forum if they finish last in 2009.

Anyone willing to take that bet should be willing to do the same should they not.

15 teams against 1... no matter which way you slice it, thats terrible odds. You're backing 15 clubs, we only get 1... anyone taking that bet would be an absolute fool

God-King Dean

Immortal

Show us ya nuts & just say you'll leave if Bulldogs come last.

Red Bear

Referee
If we get the spoon I'll moonwalk from your place to mine.
You guys were f**king sh*t this year, have not added anything and lost players.
Fail to see why the eels will improve, still a very average pack and bar hayne and inu(if they actually decide to play well) a mediocre backline.

adamkungl

Immortal
Fail to see why the eels will improve, still a very average pack and bar hayne and inu(if they actually decide to play well) a mediocre backline.

Apparently they have a good side 'on paper' (imo that's a blatant lie in itself but that's what the experts were saying before last year)

typicalfan

Coach
the Eels do have a decent side on paper but the Eels have been massively inconsistent over the last 3 seasons probably because the loonies are running the asylum.

I think they will be back up the tree this year and be top 6, the coach will be the best since 86 and then will fall to 13th again in 2010 and Anderson will be shown the door. Its the way it always will be

Noa

First Grade
Melbourne n Cronulla suit a slower ruck speed with tough defence, few errors and a structured attack. Melb lack true adlib attacking halves, im sure they will have plenty of points in them, but they wont be as effective as previous yrs.

Canberra could be a huge suprise packet if they continue playing ala last year.

Not really, we were fine with our attacking play in 07 & 06 but for some reason we where super conservative in 08. I suspect the coach felt the pressure to get the storm in the record books and erred on the side of caution.

No team will prosper playing ad-lib football in the game today, the key is to play whats in front of you and we didnt do that last year. Cooper can do it but for some reason he was too zoned in cross=field kicks last year.

Avenger

Immortal

Lets put $1000 on it smartarse.

Last edited:

Lycon79

Juniors
Manly
NZ
Broncos
Storm
Cowboys
Dragons
Roosters
Titans

Sharks
Bunnies
Dogs
Knights
Raiders
Tigers
Eels
Panthers
:crazy:

Dragonwest

Juniors
Not really, we were fine with our attacking play in 07 & 06 but for some reason we where super conservative in 08. I suspect the coach felt the pressure to get the storm in the record books and erred on the side of caution.

No team will prosper playing ad-lib football in the game today, the key is to play whats in front of you and we didnt do that last year. Cooper can do it but for some reason he was too zoned in cross=field kicks last year.

I would have thought that taking the liberty to 'playing what is front of you' and not sticking to a structure defines what ad-lib means?

The additional ref could easily bring the ruck back to the speed of 2005 leaving creative halves like prince, marshall and thurston running riot.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
I would have thought that taking the liberty to 'playing what is front of you' and not sticking to a structure defines what ad-lib means?

The additional ref could easily bring the ruck back to the speed of 2005 leaving creative halves like prince, marshall and thurston running riot.

Id say ad-lib is doing what the Warriors did in 02 and 03 and what they do in England i.e. throw the ball around and hope something happens.

Playing whats in front of you is if you see you have a man advantage, notice the wingers have dropped back etc, etc and taking advantage of it throught attacking football. Theres a thought process put to use with playing whats in front of you while ad-lib is just hope for the best.

But thats just my opinion.

Phillips

Referee
1. Warriors
2. Sea Eagles
3. Broncos
4. Raiders
5. Eels
6. Knights
7. Storm
8. Dragons

9. Sharks