What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Ladder... have a go

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
Not really, we were fine with our attacking play in 07 & 06 but for some reason we where super conservative in 08. I suspect the coach felt the pressure to get the storm in the record books and erred on the side of caution.

No team will prosper playing ad-lib football in the game today, the key is to play whats in front of you and we didnt do that last year. Cooper can do it but for some reason he was too zoned in cross=field kicks last year.

Taumata and Cronk are a good pair of halves, with inglis to cover from centre if an injury occurs. Storm will always be in the top eight, they simply have too many good juniors via their feeder teams in queensland and their private investment cash cow News Limited ownership.

Red Bear

Referee
Lets put $1000 on it smartarse.
:lol:Im not certain about it, a mear prediction based on as i said, performing poorly this season and not buying anything whilst losing players. I'll probably be wrong but not probs with making a prediction.

I certainly dont have a spare grand around to bet with

Charlie124

First Grade
Top 4 in no order:

Cows
Manly
Storm
Dragons

Rounding out the top 8:

Broncos
Dogs
Titans
Warriors

The Rest:

Roosters - 11th
Panthers - 14th
Eels - 13th
Tigers - 15th
Souths - Spoon
Sharks - 10th
Raiders - 9th
Knights - 12th

Butters

Bench
Melbourne
Gold Coast
NZ
NQLD
Souths
Easts
Manly
Wests

Newcastle
Canberra
Brisbane
St George
Cronulla
Penrith
Canterbury
Parramatta

redvscotty

First Grade
Dragons
Storm
Sea Eagles
Titans
Warriors
Sharks
Knights
Raiders

Broncos
Roosters
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Tigers
Eels
Panthers

In no particular order, but that will be the top8 bottom 8 for my liking.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Sea Eagles
Storm
Warriors

Broncos
Titans
Roosters
Cowboys
Dragons

Sharks
Knights
Raiders
Eels

Panthers
Bulldogs
Tigers
Rabbits

youngun

Juniors
Sea Eagles
Warriors

Broncos
Storm
Titans
Roosters
Tigers
Raiders

Cowboys
Dragons
Sharks
Knights
Bulldogs
Eels

Panthers
Rabbits

There aren't many out there that are giving my boys the Tigers much of a chance but I rekon with a good off-season from a couple of underperforming players, an attitude adjustment and of course the footy gods being kind with injuries, we will give the comp a more consistent run next season!!

Avenger

Immortal
Sea Eagles
Warriors
Broncos
Storm
Titans
Roosters
Tigers
Raiders

Cowboys
Dragons
Sharks
Knights
Bulldogs
Eels
Panthers
Rabbits

There aren't many out there that are giving my boys the Tigers much of a chance but I rekon with a good off-season from a couple of underperforming players, an attitude adjustment and of course the footy gods being kind with injuries, we will give the comp a more consistent run next season!!

Likewise with my Eels which I prefer. It happened in 2005. We were minor premiers but unfortunately choked.... again.

youngun

Juniors
Likewise with my Eels which I prefer. It happened in 2005. We were minor premiers but unfortunately choked.... again.

...and we went onto a fairy tale premiership, I just hope it doesnt come down to us playing off for a spot this year cuase you guys seem to have the wood on us over the past couple of seasons!!

Avenger

Immortal
...and we went onto a fairy tale premiership, I just hope it doesnt come down to us playing off for a spot this year cuase you guys seem to have the wood on us over the past couple of seasons!!

I think it' just become phychological now when you play us. It was similar when we had the wood on St George Illawarra.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
1. Manly - Team's changed little, enough said
2. Storm - No real changes except for Folau
3. Warriors - Got a halves combo that will work, and strong depth
4. Dragons - Got a strong forward pack with a quick backline), and one of the best coaches in the game
5. Sharks - Boring side, but know how to grind out wins, nothing will change
6. Easts - I think we overachieved a bit in 08, our halves lack creativity, no real changes in recruitment
7. Cowboys - Thurston and Bowen fit for 09 is always going to be a wildcard
8. Raiders - May or may not make it, it'll be interesting to see how they perform under Furner.

Wilcards...
Parra, Knights, Panthers, Titans

Rest don't stand much chance IMO

Last edited:

Snoop

Coach
1. Manly - Team's changed little, enough said
2. Storm - No real changes except for Folau
3. Warriors - Got a halves combo that will work, and strong depth
4. Dragons - Got a strong forward pack with a quick backline), and one of the best coaches in the game
5. Sharks - Boring side, but know how to grind out wins, nothing will change
6. Easts - I think we overachieved a bit in 08, our halves lack creativity, no real changes in recruitment
7. Cowboys - Thurston and Bowen fit for 09 is always going to be a wildcard
8. Raiders - May or may not make it, it'll be interesting to see how they perform under Furner.

Wilcards...
Parra, Knights, Panthers, Titans

Rest don't stand much chance IMO

Broncos bottom four huh?