What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dimitri

First Grade
Rusty is right!

ALL CLUBS NEED MEMBERS

http://play.viostream.com/?play=052450AA-053D-49AB-B16B-87EA7D8040C6

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
'Dogs = 2,779
Rabbitohs = 5,921
Raiders = 2,164
Manly = 2,400

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Normally the cowboys would be boasting this time of year about how many season ticket holders we have (last year it was around the 9k mark), me thinks that with the price hike in a few parts of the stadium, they didnt get anywhere near the amount of renewals they were expecting and are keeping it on the down low. There was about a $350 dollar increase in a famliy ticket in the Eastern Grandstand, I nearly choked on my lunch when I opened the letter up, pretty ordinary form if you ask me, considering the results of this year and all, me thinks they could have maybe implented this increase over a 3 year period.

yobbo84

Coach
12300 members according to Richo
5800 ticketed
Shane Richardson
Tue 16/12/08

Rabbitohs CEO talks about the attention surrounding Russell Crowe's video driving membership the clubs desire to improve overall and all about the work Russell has done for the club

[URL="http://media.libsyn.com/media/skyaus/2KY_1_DUYoBE.mp3"[/quote"]http://media.libsyn.com/media/skyaus/2KY_1_DUYoBE.mp3"[/quote[/URL]]

He's talking about this year. In 2008 we had approx 12,300 members, of which 6,700 were ticketed members. Not sure what the current numbers for 2009 are.

yobbo84

Coach
Membership is the Key

16 Dec 2008

FansDetail-d829f6e4-3f11-4ddb-8f3e-d1cf883d28d4.jpg

Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson has stressed the importance of becoming a Member of the South Sydney Football Club, following co-owner Russell Crowe’s video to Members which has attracted national media interest in the past 24 hours.

Mr Richardson reiterated Mr Crowe’s comments today, saying Membership is the off-field focus of our Club.

“We’re the number one supported Club in Sydney in terms of Membership but we need to continue to grow our support, and we need all Rabbitohs fans to become Members to do that,” Mr Richardson said.

“Last year we had 6,651 Ticketed Members and 12,540 total Members. We were number one in Sydney.

“So far for the 2009 season we have 5,921 Ticketed Members and 9,607 total Members. We have set ourselves a target of 8,000 Ticketed Members for this coming season, but our eventual goal is to have 15,000 Ticketed Members each and every year.”

Rabbitohs Chairman Nicholas Pappas said: “The essence of Russell’s message to the Members of our Club is that the success of the Rabbitohs has to be a combined effort.

“Private investment has revolutionised our Club, but from the start we said it was always going to be a partnership with our Members.

“Now is the time for the fans to make their contribution by stepping forward and contributing to the Club by becoming a Ticketed Member, because Ticketed Membership is where the future of the NRL lies and it’s great to see the Rabbitohs leading the field and setting an example for others to follow.”

Fans far and wide are supporting comments made by Russell Crowe in an email video message sent to Rabbitohs Members yesterday. A poll on the Daily Telegraph website has recorded 88% of the 1971 votes registered by 4:10pm Tuesday, agree that the South Sydney Football Club must stand on its own two feet without constant financial injections from the Club’s co-owners. The only way for the Club to do this is for Rabbitohs fans to step forward and to become Members of the Club.

Whether you live in Sydney, interstate or overseas, the Rabbitohs have Membership packages to suit you. Junior Memberships are also fantastic value, starting at just $50.

To become a Member of the Rabbitohs click on the Membership links on this website, call the Rabbitohs Membership Team on (02) 8306 9922 or visit the Membership Office at 104 George St in Redfern.

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Membership-is-the-Key.html

ouwet

Bench
Bulldogs at 2990 now.:crazy:

Can we beat last years figure before the new year? At this rate, yes!

Timmah

Staff member
Am i right in saying the football offices close on Friday?

If so I think we'll reach 3,200-3,500 or so, then have another 500-600 when they re-open early/mid January... and we'll end up somewhere between 4,500 and 5,000 by kickoff '09.

ouwet

Bench
NEW - Memberships now available online for Christmas!

We are pleased to report that we now have over 3000 members signed up for 2009!

As we strive to build our member base to rival that of other clubs, it is now more important than ever to sign up your friends, family and of course yourself.

To make this easier you can now purchase New 2009 memberships online and receive your benefits collection vouchers before Christmas!

With memberships starting from as low as $40 for adults, $35 for concession holders, $25 for Juniors and $105 for families, there simply is no better Christmas present!

To Purchase a New Membership for 2009 Click Here.

*Please note if you wish to give a membership as a surprise gift, please put your own address details in the specified fields, so we can send you any Membership Benefit Collection Vouchers. Please allow 3 working days for delivery, following your order.

Spend $50 or more at the Teamstore and receive a FREE Gatorade Backpack*

The 2009 Bulldogs Merchandise range and much more is now available at the Bulldogs Teamstore at Centro Bankstown.

So what not drop in prior to Christmas and pick up a great present for that true Bulldogs fan?

Note – trading hours have been extended over the Christmas period.

For more information call 9790 7505.

* First 50 customers only. Excludes online purchases

Source - www.bulldogs.com.au

So it's over 3000.

Timmah

Staff member
Rabbitohs = 5,939
'Dogs = "Over 3,000"
Manly = 2,400
Storm = 2,370
Raiders = 2,316

Midday - Wed 17 Dec

yobbo84

Coach
With memberships starting from as low as $40 for adults, $35 for concession holders, $25 for Juniors and $105 for families, there simply is no better Christmas present!

By the sounds of that the Bulldogs are including all football club members in their count, not just ticketed members.

Rabbitohs = 5,939
'Dogs = "Over 3,000"
Manly = 2,400
Storm = 2,370
Raiders = 2,316

Midday - Wed 17 Dec

I think a more fair comparison would be:
Rabbitohs - 9,607
Bulldogs = "Over 3,000"

ouwet

Bench
By the sounds of that the Bulldogs are including all football club members in their count, not just ticketed members.

I think a more fair comparison would be:
Rabbitohs - 9,607
Bulldogs = "Over 3,000"

From my understanding it season tickets only (With country and interstate options).

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Even if the figure included FC members, the proportion is much smaller than the Rabbitohs - 39% of TOTAL members are football club members compared with what's probably less than 5% of 'Dogs members - that is if the figure includes FC members.

Anyway yobbo - why discredit the Bulldogs in counting (and increasing membership mind you) when there are 10-11 clubs simply not supplying numbers?

Timmah

Staff member
BTW, $40 is a single game membership, so it is still ticketed.

yobbo84

Coach
BTW, $40 is a single game membership, so it is still ticketed.

That's a bit rich to include that in the count (I'm sure Souths probably do the same though). It should be just season ticket holders. I just wish all clubs (Souths and Bulldogs included) were more transparent as to what they're counting!

Timmah

Staff member
Single game membership still entitles you to most STH benefits. It's all about supporting the club so I see absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be counted. By that token you shouldn't count half-season members, which is silly.

Latest posts