What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yakstorm

First Grade
Great to see the Raiders past the halfway point as they aim for their 5,000 target. Hopefully they go well past it.

Broncos I can report have already broken the 10,000 mark which is encouraging as they had 11-12K last year...so hopefully they can really break that for 09. (Source Broncos Corporate email)

Dragonwest

Juniors
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]'Peter Doust mentioned at tonights AGM that they had sold over 6000 season tickets in the first five weeks already.'

Posted on Jubilee Ave WORL Forum on the 16th :p

[/FONT]

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given some of the deals that are on offer and the savings you can make by becoming a season member I am amazed the take up isn't much, much bigger. Everyone on here seems to complain that tickets at the gate are way over priced yet when an opportunity comes along to drastically make it cheaper to go to the footy, few take it up. Coming from SL where 80% of the home crowd are season ticket holders it never ceases to amaze me.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given some of the deals that are on offer and the savings you can make by becoming a season member I am amazed the take up isn't much, much bigger. Everyone on here seems to complain that tickets at the gate are way over priced yet when an opportunity comes along to drastically make it cheaper to go to the footy, few take it up. Coming from SL where 80% of the home crowd are season ticket holders it never ceases to amaze me.
The big problem is the blase attitude of fans, people in Sydney especially don't plan ahead to attend their footy, they look at the schedule week to week and fit it in around their lives. That culture is very slowly changing with this membership push. Give it time and stop chastising it.

dimitri

First Grade
The big problem is the blase attitude of fans, people in Sydney especially don't plan ahead to attend their footy, they look at the schedule week to week and fit it in around their lives. That culture is very slowly changing with this membership push. Give it time and stop chastising it.

I agree.

We need to make RL a part of our lives.

If there is a game on a Fri night - what a way to spend your evening after the working week!

If the game is on a Saturday 530 - what a way to spend the early evening after a nice day.

If the game is on a Saturday night - What a great way to start the night before going out.

If the game is on a Sunday - what a great way to wind down the weekend.

If the game is on Monday - what a great way to cure Mondayitis

MsStorm

Bench
Rang early Fri morning. Took ages for someone to take my call. Told busy doing memberships, have not been counted, but well over 3,000:)

Loudstrat

Coach
We've done okay, but to remain profitable IMO we need 20,000 ticketed members year in, year out. The only clubs which made profits this yr from NRL were from queensland according to the news story on Channel 9 on the 17th of December. We lost $5 million according to Channel 9, the largest loss in the NRL and we have to improve significantly. Our leagues club profits will be probably taken by our private owners when the renovations are complete with a new ground floor supermarket, office spaces on higher floors and a restaurant, apart from the ssfc offices. If the football club, not the leagues club, dont get their finances in order, I have a strange feeling our private owners will sell the leagues club to some property company by 2010 and our club will be extinct.

I'm really stressing over our sydney nrl competition, it's not just souths doing it tough, I think we got screwed on our last nrl tv deal rights. I got a feeling two nrl syd clubs will be extinct by 2010. I reckon the AFL did their homework before they put a team in western sydney and knew that the pokies tax would cripple our sydney based NRL clubs.

Sydney clubs have been dying for how long now? About 30 years?

The think with the poker machine taxes, anti smoking etc is that the effect is probably at it's greatest now. Clubs to some extent will bounce back.

Firstly, if pokie taxes are increased, the increase will not be in the rate of tax, but by expanding the tax to include pubs.

Secondly, clubs and pubs have been through this before, with the introduction of random breath testing. Like many industries - the dairy industry is a classic example post deregulation - clubs will bounce back and have better times.

yakstorm

First Grade
So as Christmas approaches, meaning there is a good chance there wont be too many more updates until the new year, here is the latest.

Brisbane Broncos:
Ticketed: 10,000 - Non Ticketed: Unknown - Total: > 10,000

Bulldogs:

Total: 3,352

Canberra Raiders:
Total: 2,672

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles:
Ticketed: 2,500 - Non Ticketed: Unknown - Total: > 2,500

Melbourne Storm:
Ticketed: 3,000 - Non Ticketed: Unknown - Total: > 3,000

Newcastle Knights:

Ticketed: 5,000 - Non Ticketed: Unknown - Total: > 5,000

South Sydney Rabbitohs:
Ticketed: 6,191 - Non Ticketed: 4,262 - Total: 10,453

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs is all ticketed and does not include non-ticketed members.

yakstorm

First Grade
Bulldogs is all ticketed and does not include non-ticketed members.

The Bulldogs counter includes 'Can't get to the game' memberships, which is a non-ticketed form of membership.

And before you say it includes 1 game ticket, non-ticketed memberships for the Sea Eagles, Raiders, Broncos, Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs and so on all include at least 1 GA ticket.

dimitri

First Grade
The Bulldogs counter includes 'Can't get to the game' memberships, which is a non-ticketed form of membership.

And before you say it includes 1 game ticket, non-ticketed memberships for the Sea Eagles, Raiders, Broncos, Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs and so on all include at least 1 GA ticket.

Yes that is correct - but it doesnt include the 600 or so Football Club members.

Hopefully soon this will all be consolidated into one - so they can be counted

Timmah

Staff member
Hopefully there's a nice spike when FC offices re-open in early January...

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm getting annoyed that Roosters havn't given any numbers yet. Actually their site hasn't updated at all in close to 2 weeks.

dimitri

First Grade
I'm getting annoyed that Roosters havn't given any numbers yet. Actually their site hasn't updated at all in close to 2 weeks.

They are probably ultra busy - processing memberships - and would be on xmas leave soon if not already

Timmah

Staff member
'Dogs 3,432
Rabbitohs 6,271
Raiders 2,676
Sea Eagles 2,500

Merry Christmas :)

Latest posts