What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think it has paid off dividends. Due to money constraints I was actually considering not being a member but with the massive price drop I'm happy to pay again.

People who were thinking of no longer being members have been drawn back in by the price drop - and any increase on last year should be lauded as brilliant marketing & pricing

Billythekid

First Grade
I think it has paid off dividends. Due to money constraints I was actually considering not being a member but with the massive price drop I'm happy to pay again.

People who were thinking of no longer being members have been drawn back in by the price drop - and any increase on last year should be lauded as brilliant marketing & pricing

I completely agree and i'm just hoping the dogs see that as well. I just meant i hope the dogs don't see it as the memberships didn't go up much therefore they go back to the old pricing strategy.

Timmah

Staff member
The fact they didn't drop (provided we pass 4,000) will be testament to the pricing strategy working.

MsStorm

Bench
We are about 3-400 shy of last years total so we should pass that easily this time around which is good to see. i hope we get past the 5k mark and push closer to 6k

I hope you guys get to 10,000. I really think that over the next few years (as long as the nrl keep pushing with the ads, etc.) it will embed into supporters minds about becoming members.

The Footy Show should devote their 1st show to club memberships and have a player come in from each club and ask supporters to phone in and pledge.

How about the local radio stations doing the same thing, and if people complain its not all about league, then they could devote some time to union, soccer and afl fans too. SEN does this in Melb. and devote a whole day to one afl club, they also do the Storm and Victory when their season is about to start.

Timmah

Staff member
TFS did a early-season membership drive if I'm not mistaken last year didn't they? Hope they do it again...

Timmah

Staff member
Symbolises Tim Sheens playmaking ideas ;-)

Or Benji Marshall's defence... ;-)

Souths 2009 Ticketed Members: 6,573
Souths 2009 Total Members: 11,360

Source: [URL="http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/"]http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/[/URL]

Target of 8000 ticketed members for this year is looking pretty good. I know a few people who were waiting to get Christmas out of the way before they would sign up and I would imagine that they aren't the lone ranger's. Also, all teams tend to get a bit of an influx in new members between season start and about two or three rounds in as well. l'm actually hopeful we may get close to the 10k mark.

From memory, last year the club ran a bit of a promotion just before the comp kicked off which was aimed at getting non-ticketed members to upgrade and that was pretty successful as well.

Considering you pay $100 to be a non-ticketed member and its only another $100 for a general admin ticketed membership, I can't understand why people don't go with that option. If you only went to see 5 games, you'd be in front.

Timmah

Staff member
The information is only available for Canberra, Manly, Bulldogs and Souths.

Other clubs we have sometimes heard figures from, but nothing current.

Canberra - 3,000
Manly - 2,600
Bulldogs - 3,751
Rabbitohs - 6,573

Source: official websites of respective clubs.

Pisspoor that the wooden spooners have over 1k more than the premiers if you ask me... but that said, the number is a great improvement on last year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What stops people becoming members? Is it

A) Not knowing the season schedule so not knowing if they can attend every game
B) Discounts are not enough (find it hard to belive)
C) They generally only attend 50% of games anyway so not worth becoming a member
D) Don't know about the deals

any other reasons?

BrisVegas

Juniors
What stops people becoming members? Is it

A) Not knowing the season schedule so not knowing if they can attend every game
B) Discounts are not enough (find it hard to belive)
C) They generally only attend 50% of games anyway so not worth becoming a member
D) Don't know about the deals

any other reasons?

(A) is the reason I don't become a member, and is the reason most club CEO's put forward when questioned about lacklustre membership numbers.

I'm not willing to commit to becoming a member of club while the NRL is not willing commit to scheduling their whole season in advance.

Latest posts