What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DINGb@T

Juniors
Does anyone have membership figures from last year (years?) so that we can compare them?

During the season I follow the crowd averages fairly closely and I'm interested to see if the possible increase (or lack thereof) of the membership might have an effect. No real significant difference might not influence anything but a large increase should change the amount of people rocking up to games. Might also help stabilise crowds throughout the year more instead of the usual mid-season drop off we always have.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Might also help stabilise crowds throughout the year more instead of the usual mid-season drop off we always have.

I think this will be the biggest difference. If you've paid for a ticket you tend to go regardless of it is raining or if your team are not going so good.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Spot on, it's the biggest reason. We're the only professional football code in Australia that doesn't advance-schedule it's season, and it's for one reason only - pandering to Nine and FS.

The other reason comes down to marketing fear. The clubs aren't willing (or sometimes able) to spend money on a decent-sized marketing campaign for fear of lack of return in investment. Marketing is an absolute must... some people don't even know membership is an option!

the raiders have started marketing their memberships this year.

the ads are sh*t..but the message is slowly getting across. also, they have the pamphlet in the gym i go to. its not bad on cost.

Sugar

Bench
the raiders have started marketing their memberships this year.

the ads are sh*t..but the message is slowly getting across. also, they have the pamphlet in the gym i go to. its not bad on cost.
I like the optometrist Ad,thought it was clever
I have not heard any radio advertising for memberships yet

innsaneink

Referee
What stops people becoming members? Is it

A) Not knowing the season schedule so not knowing if they can attend every game
B) Discounts are not enough (find it hard to belive)
C) They generally only attend 50% of games anyway so not worth becoming a member
D) Don't know about the deals

any other reasons?

Yes...(A)

Thouigh WTs have introduce this year a very flexi pack, any 6 (or 12) home games...previously it was rigged so as to get the fans to Telstra, with WTs having 3-4 home gounds you still had minimal choice.
...many based their preference on the grounds, though not personally.

Dont most clubs offer a ''any 6 or 8 home game'' pack now?

Timmah

Staff member
Saints do, but it's exclusively at WIN or WIN, not a mix of both.

Season ticketed memberships 6601

Just short of last years record of over 6700.

300 new Return to Redfern tickets available if you join up to be a ticketed member.

Brilliant marketing from Souths as they prey on fence sitters....

Brycey

Juniors
Its not hard to plan out a whole season and still give broadcasters a choice.

3x Friday night games 7.30pm (Ch9 pick 2 of 3 games they want to b/c of those already scheduled)
2x Saturday night games 5.30pm (Fox multi choice)
2x Sunday day games 3.00pm (Ch9 pick 1 of 2 games...)
1x Monday night game (Pre-secheduled)

Its a fair compromise.

Timmah

Staff member
Its not hard to plan out a whole season and still give broadcasters a choice.

3x Friday night games 7.30pm (Ch9 pick 2 of 3 games they want to b/c of those already scheduled)
2x Saturday night games 5.30pm (Fox multi choice)
2x Sunday day games 3.00pm (Ch9 pick 1 of 2 games...)
1x Monday night game (Pre-secheduled)

Its a fair compromise.
Problem is if they schedule two teams who look promising in R26 for the Sunday or Friday matches and the pair end up 14th and 16th or something. Too big a risk they think.

I like the optometrist Ad,thought it was clever
I have not heard any radio advertising for memberships yet

its a good idea in theory. but i just dont think they nailed it.

but yeah at least they are trying. i hope they reach their mark

MsStorm

Bench
Ms Storm: Has that grown in comparison to last year?

Not sure, could have asked when I phoned .

Got an email from Storm today - new figure 5,000+

Seeing we had 8,000 last year, hopefully we should reach their aim of 10,000. Some supporters still get a membership 1 or 2 games into the season, as its good value even then.

Last edited:

yobbo84

Coach
Membership Passes 2008 Level
19 Jan 2009

The South Sydney Rabbitohs would like to thank all Club Members who have committed to the Club for season 2009, with Ticketed Membership surpassing 2008 levels today.

The Rabbitohs Ticketed Membership now stands at 6660 as of 9am on Monday 19 January, surpassing the 6651 Ticketed Members at the Club in 2008.

The Rabbitohs have a total of 11506 Ticketed and non-Ticketed Members for the 2009 season.

Congratulations to everyone that has shown their loyalty to the Rabbitohs this year by becoming a Ticketed Member, and remember to encourage all of your friends and family to join up and support the team in the best way possible, by becoming a Ticketed Member of the Rabbitohs.

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Membership-Passes-2008-Level.html

Latest posts