What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Can someone Photoshop a brown version of the new Panthers blue jersey? It looks cool but I think it's better suited to Cronulla. If someone has time of course.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Panthers blue jersey?

Colourblind test for you, it's teal green.

Red Bear

Referee
Nice post Cumberland, never thought of it like that.

Like another poster said, I am suprised that Proton are allowed to sponsor a team in the NRL seeing as though toyota seems to have a big sponsorship connection at the moment.

If the NRL can stop the dogs with Strathfield or whatever it was, then this has to be in the same boat surely????
Obviously Toyota don't have an exclusivity agreement with the NRL, whereas Telstra did.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I doubt clubs would be particularly keen on this. Other than your idle speculation is there actually any evidence that the NRL would be able to get more than what the best clubs get for these advertising spaces?

Moreover, these are the kind of items that clubs typically package into major sponsorship deals the nominal value of the sponsorship per the sponsorship contract is different to the value the club actually regards it as having. Different clubs have different approaches to this and it really should be up to clubs to determine how they do it.

Understand what your saying, there are obviously sponsorship experts out there getting paid more than me so I wasnt suggesting it was a perfect idea just a talking point.

One aspect to it that you may not have considered is the fact that the NRL is dead keen to even the competition ie Salary Cap...

With my model canberra would get the same $$ for their goal post pads for example as the broncos... Which obviously isnt the case at the moment....

I know every club probably bundles up the ground signage with the major sponsors etc, but I suggest the NRL nationalises just the major eastern side bottom level boards the Goal pads and the corner posts...

The clubs could still sell everything else, think about the biggest club Brisbane, there is really no point advertising WOW to people outside of QLD because they cant really shop there...

Just an idea

Nuke

Staff member
Can someone Photoshop a brown version of the new Panthers blue jersey? It looks cool but I think it's better suited to Cronulla. If someone has time of course.
Like this, mate?

Penrithbrownjersey.jpg

bobmar28

Bench
Changing the colour design of the jersey is stupid. I was watching the Miami Dolphins the other day on One HD and couldn't help noticing the orange jerseys. Didn't they used to be aqua? Anyway it looked rediculous.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Changing the colour design of the jersey is stupid. I was watching the Miami Dolphins the other day on One HD and couldn't help noticing the orange jerseys. Didn't they used to be aqua? Anyway it looked rediculous.

NFL teams have a Home, Away and Alternate jersey system.

The Dolphins have a white jersey for home, aqua for away and the orange one is their alternate. The game you saw they were playing the Jets, who use a green jersey, so the orange was used to avoid a clash.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nothing NRL but still worthy of posting - Roos and Blues jerseys for 2010:

Classic%20Licensees%20Cat_201023.jpg

Classic%20Licensees%20Cat_201029.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
Ahh that stupid VB logo is still on it (Kangaroos). Wish they would change it to a rectangular box or something, now it just looks like they have a medal hanging around their neck.

yakstorm

First Grade
Wouldn't the NRL be better off selling them as a bundle to a big multi nationaletc.. for $500 k for a whole season and divvy it up between the 16 clubs.. It would be about $32k or something each... It would give the NRL a more professional look to have say Pepsi for example on the posts at each game.. instead of tony ferguson weightloss or canberra milk and would make the clubs more money... What effect does a canberra milk ad have on 97% of the Australian population...

Whilst it all sounds good in theory, the problem is assets like goalposts, ground signage and so on, aren't the NRL's assets, in some cases they are the clubs, in some they are actually the grounds.

For example, any team that plays at ANZ Stadium, only gets a select number of ground signage spots, and often have to pay extra to satisfy their own sponsors needs, or the sponsor will pay external to this to complement their sponsorship.

So you have that extra third party which can cause issues, but even if we say only deal with those assets that the clubs fully control, convincing them all to give it up would be a difficult task.

As you said the average for clubs would be about $15K, but say for a club like the Broncos, they have WOW and the Coffee Club on theirs, so to a club like them, they would be earning closer to $60K for that asset (maybe more), whilst the Bulldogs for the majority of this year, gave that asset away freely.

Why then if the Broncos would only get $32K under the new deal, would they give up something they are earning more for?

[URL="http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/member.php?u=8106" said:
beave[/URL]]Like another poster said, I am suprised that Proton are allowed to sponsor a team in the NRL seeing as though toyota seems to have a big sponsorship connection at the moment.

In order for a company to get 'exclusivity' rights in the NRL, they either pay an exclusivity value, or alternatively, they need to be sponsor for 8 or more clubs, plus a sponsor of the game.

Toyota are currently only affiliated with Broncos, Sharks and Cowboys. Suzuki have the Warriors and Storm, Proton the Wests Tigers, whilst the rest are up in the air. If Toyota got another 5 clubs on board, they could then block someone like Proton, but till that happens, at club level its a free for all.

Mickyd39

Juniors
A friend of mine showed me the new strip for the sharks in 2010.:lol:

to me it looks like the design has been taken from a packet of Winnie Light blue cigarettes.

maybe the sharks have a secret deal with Winfield.:sarcasm:

Just putting it out there.

PS: Im not a Sharks supporter.

PARRA 2010

Last edited:

Latest posts