What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
The Rabbitohs always have the best designed jerseys. And if the Warriors are sticking with the 09 season jersey it looks like we've got the worst designed, AGAIN.

It's no wonder the Warriors had such a sh*t season. They must be embarassed to call themselfs Warriors with our repulsively sh*t jumpers.

newman

First Grade
Thanks to eraofthebiff

Penrith v Sharks next year is going to be interesting.
As a big time sharks supporter I hate the new strip and sent an email to the marketing director ripping him a new one for approving it.

crap.jpg

nqcowboy87

Bench
that canberra away one is similiar to souths 2006 red and black abomination
and that penrith away is disgusting it looks like a rashie that i had when i was 8, its worse than the broncos "teal experiment"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thanks to eraofthebiff

Penrith v Sharks next year is going to be interesting.
As a big time sharks supporter I hate the new strip and sent an email to the marketing director ripping him a new one for approving it.

crap.jpg

Seems pretty obvious to me, one match they'll play Penrith Black and Sharks White/Blue.

The other match won't matter - it's heritage round and Sharks will have the hooped jersey while Penrith have the brown with white Vee.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I wish Manly would expand the white from the sponsor to the white strip on the underarms... the two bits of maroon look out of place.

manly2010jersey.jpg

Shire Panther

Juniors
Penrith's away jersey is just laughable and makes me want to bring up my breakfast...

Thats funny as i was thinking the exact same thing about Canberra's away strip actually i'll add it makes me want to bring up my lunch and dinner on top of bringing up my breakfast.
That Jersey is terrible it's like they couldnt decide if the design should go vertically or horizontally so they decided to do both.

raiders2010jersey.jpg

hrundi99

First Grade
Thats funny as i was thinking the exact same thing about Canberra's away strip actually i'll add it makes me want to bring up my lunch and dinner on top of bringing up my breakfast.
That Jersey is terrible it's like they couldnt decide if the design should go vertically or horizontally so they decided to do both.

How exactly is it going vertical?

I think it looks great. My wife thinks its great. As a non-tragic she can see the appeal of a jersey that's a bit more subtle and can be worn out more easily than something that just shouts footy jumper.

I'll be getting one for sure.

How exactly is it going vertical?

I think it looks great. My wife thinks its great. As a non-tragic she can see the appeal of a jersey that's a bit more subtle and can be worn out more easily than something that just shouts footy jumper.

I'll be getting one for sure.

me too. Its starting to grow on me. Ive never liked the white ones so Im happy with this version of an alternative jumper.

innsaneink

Referee
So what exactly does it shout if its not just shouting ''footy jumper''?
Maybe quietly suggesting, "Sporting apparel"?
Whispering, "Lightweight summery feel"?
Or boldly broadcasting, "Black ballsy and bloody boisterous"?

FFS...its a fkn footy jumper with advertising

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Raiders away I don't like. Gradient is a bit sh*t. Should have been all black or a dark grey. Black blending into grey isn't that appealing on a jumper.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
plain white 'away' strips with a few coloured lines on them should be banned.

it would be nice if clubs actually realised that their jumper is their 'brand' and when half the clubs have very plain and boring and almost the same away strips the casual observer has no diea what team is playing

Goddo

Bench
plain white 'away' strips with a few coloured lines on them should be banned.

it would be nice if clubs actually realised that their jumper is their 'brand' and when half the clubs have very plain and boring and almost the same away strips the casual observer has no diea what team is playing

Fair point. I think the Dragons Chooks and Rabbitohs are great for keeping their jerseys pretty much constant. The reason the Sharks changed is they are despirate to create an image of the club reborn and put 2009 well and truely behind them, but in doing so, give up their best most meaningful jumper.

Clubs don't need to be looking for new alternate designs. They need to look at their past jerseys and most will find some great designs. Exceptions being the newer (95 onwards for mine) sides who are still shaping their image.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fair point. I think the Dragons Chooks and Rabbitohs are great for keeping their jerseys pretty much constant.

The Bulldogs have been wearing a double chevron of some description since the late 70's. I'd call that consistent.

Latest posts