What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Nuke

Staff member
It's also got one more year to run before they are allowed to change the design ... which I would hope they do.

I noticed that all those ISC jerseys (well, at least the players jerseys anyway) all have grip nodules on the jerseys.

I'm in agreeance with all those opposing the new Canberra alternate jersey. I'm not a fan of it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I found it hard enough when they play home vs away jerseys anyway, the purple, maroon and white all seem to blend in sometimes :fist:

lolesi

First Grade
i dont mind the sharks home jersey.. i can see it looking good on a sunny sundary arvo (though i doubt we will get many of them)..

i do agree with someone else who said it does look abit 'soft'.. that is true.

I'm clearly in the minority but I actually love the Sharks jersey's, I think the colours just work together very well. May not be traditional but I like it.

Penrith's away jersey is just laughable and makes me want to bring up my breakfast...

Timmah

Staff member
It's not purple, it's black and sky blue layered over one another.

A Rah Rah club I played for in Gloucester in '02 (Widden Old Boys) used a jersey with these grip pads. They are actually designed for gripping each other in scrums, which kind of defeats the purpose in RL.

Also, having worn them in varying degrees of wet over in England, I can tell you first hand that it is actually harder to grip the ball using those pads. They only work when it is dry. Anyone who thinks they actually benefit extensively to something like ball handling is having a bit of a wank

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
That new Penrith away jersey is interesting... looks like they've taken the approach some SL clubs use for away strips by incorporating colours into the jersey that have no apperance on the club logo or coat of arms:

For instance:

frodsham%20away%20kit%20web.jpg

panthers2010jersey.jpg

LESStar58

Referee
Nothing NRL but still worthy of posting - Roos and Blues jerseys for 2010:

Classic%20Licensees%20Cat_201023.jpg

It's a shame that the greatest jersey in sport has been soiled by the sponsorship of Vaginal Backwash on the front and back. I'll stick with my old Fourex sleeve sponsored jersey thanks very much.

*nods*

Spitty

Juniors
That new Penrith away jersey is interesting... looks like they've taken the approach some SL clubs use for away strips by incorporating colours into the jersey that have no apperance on the club logo or coat of arms:

For instance:

frodsham%20away%20kit%20web.jpg

panthers2010jersey.jpg

Teal is on the collar of our home jersey and if you look closely you'll see teal surrounding the panther emblem as well. So it is in our logo.

Timmah

Staff member

You'll find the Panthers club colours are currently Black, Teal and Rust (and maybe White). Teal is a club colour AND is found bordering the club logo.

penrith_2000.jpg

Latest posts