What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Saint Doc

Coach
The Bulldogs have been wearing a double chevron of some description since the late 70's. I'd call that consistent.

You wore a bastardised super league version for years that looked very different to the 80's. Certainly not as bad as the sharks and tigers jersey design changing, but you're not in the same level of consistancy as the dragons, rabbits or roosters.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Rediculous that they have used it for so long given the damage SL did to the game.

71141776.jpg

91136801.jpg

Doug2234

First Grade
I see down the bottom of the Dragons website with the sponsors they have the sneaky Reebok logo. Looks like its official and Dragons have moved from Adidas to Reebok

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You wore a bastardised super league version for years that looked very different to the 80's. Certainly not as bad as the sharks and tigers jersey design changing, but you're not in the same level of consistancy as the dragons, rabbits or roosters.

The Rabbitohs spent two years out of the comp and then just two years ago managed to add coloured panels to their jerseys. If you won't call the Bulldogs consistent, you can hardly issue the same analysis of the Bunnies...

under the criteria penrith actually were lower than them (according to the pigins book)

a shirts a shirt. if you cant tell who your own team is because theyve changed the odd thing then stop watching, stop whinging and stop wanking over it.

i like the sharks jersey. anything to avoid last years crap. we want fresh new crap.

Goddo

Bench
and as a sharkies fan, I believe you will be richly rewarded with crap from your club.

Saint Doc

Coach
The Rabbitohs spent two years out of the comp and then just two years ago managed to add coloured panels to their jerseys. If you won't call the Bulldogs consistent, you can hardly issue the same analysis of the Bunnies...

lol. The rabbits were kicked out of the comp for two years, and that your argument that they have changed their jersey?

seriously, if you think that the bulldogs jersey looks as similar today to the 70's/80's as what souths, stgeorge and easts do, good luck to you. No doubt it hasnt changed drastically, but in my opinion it is still a superleague stylised representation of a very very good 80's jersey. And as such is probably on the 2nd teir of being a "consistant" jersey design.

Timmah

Staff member
lol. The rabbits were kicked out of the comp for two years, and that your argument that they have changed their jersey.

Read the whole sentence, and reply again. Souths might still have stripes, but the panels hardly read "consistent".

Saint Doc

Coach
Read the whole sentence, and reply again. Souths might still have stripes, but the panels hardly read "consistent".

Thanks for putting the word 'whole' in bold. I can see it clearly now.

I know that souths have side panels. I know you wrote that. My point was what do them being kicked out of the comp for 2 years have to do with the consistancy of their jersey designs?

And for the record, although arguing with someone with as much self-importance as you is useless, as you'll never be wrong in your eyes, I don't think the side panels have much effect on jersey design as they are under the arms. Barely noticable. Its like saints adding the "goatie" to the Vee a couple of years ago. In no way was it a 'design change', just a very minor addition. Canterbury's super league jersey, which as is evidenced by the above photos is still the basic template for today's jersey, has a very different look to the 80's and early 90's.

hrundi99

First Grade
So what exactly does it shout if its not just shouting ''footy jumper''?
Maybe quietly suggesting, "Sporting apparel"?
Whispering, "Lightweight summery feel"?
Or boldly broadcasting, "Black ballsy and bloody boisterous"?

FFS...its a fkn footy jumper with advertising

Build a bridge you sad old merkin.

Timmah

Staff member
Thanks for putting the word 'whole' in bold. I can see it clearly now.

I know that souths have side panels. I know you wrote that. My point was what do them being kicked out of the comp for 2 years have to do with the consistancy of their jersey designs?

And for the record, although arguing with someone with as much self-importance as you is useless, as you'll never be wrong in your eyes, I don't think the side panels have much effect on jersey design as they are under the arms. Barely noticable. Its like saints adding the "goatie" to the Vee a couple of years ago. In no way was it a 'design change', just a very minor addition. Canterbury's super league jersey, which as is evidenced by the above photos is still the basic template for today's jersey, has a very different look to the 80's and early 90's.

If you consider side panels to not be a major change yet a double chevron changing from straight to curved being a major change then you really have got some problems :lol:

Both designs remain essentially the same over time, both are just more modern takes on their predecessors.

Saint Doc

Coach
souths%20away%20jersey.jpg
2007_southsretrojers.jpg

lg_bulldogs%20jersey09%20newjaycar.jpg
3648sml.jpg

This is the end of me arguing with you over this. I'll say it one last time - there is no doubt that the dogs jersey is inspired from the 80's, but is, in my opinion, much more superleague stylised than souths/dragons/roosters. Whilst the dogs undoubtedly have not had anywhere near the same number of changes as sharks, tigers etc, they are not, in my opinion, as consistant as some other teams.

If you cannot see that the souths jersey, despite side panels, still looks more representative of their 80's (and in fact their jerseys since 1908) than the dog's does, then fair enough. I have massive problems. You still havn't answered what souths being out of the comp for 2 years have to do with them not having a consistant jersey design? But don't worry about answering it, i suggest we just agree to disagree because its boring for everyone else and ruining my favourite thread in the NRL forum.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I suggest we agree to disagree. I also think you're placing too much emphasis on a minor point in the argument.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Surely Saints will make an official announcement in the next couple of days, their logo is out our bloody website already.

Rocco

Juniors
Rabbitohs (apparel ISC)
Home: Same as 2009
Away: Same as 2009
Heritage: None
Home Front & back bottom, away back top: nab - National Australia Bank
Away Front & back bottom, home back top: DeLonghi
Sleeves: V8 Supercars Australia
Shorts & Training Gear: Virgin Blue

I thought i read somewhere that souFFS have gone with Reebok for next season as their apparel?

and whats with clubs signing up with ISC as their jersey apparel?

Latest posts