What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Any pics for the St George Charity Shield jersey yet? Souths tend to wear their home strip with "Souths Cares" instead of DeLonghi as the sponsor, and St George tend to reverse the alternate strip and have the "St George Bank Foundation" as the sponsor.

Saint Doc

Coach
Any pics for the St George Charity Shield jersey yet? Souths tend to wear their home strip with "Souths Cares" instead of DeLonghi as the sponsor, and St George tend to reverse the alternate strip and have the "St George Bank Foundation" as the sponsor.

Considering the club haven't even released an official photo of the away strip on their website (the only photos coming from The Leader and a scanned advertisement)...i think we have buckleys of seeing a Charity Shield strip photo...if the jersey even exists.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Official word and picture for Brisbane's jersey, Sportingbet replacing Toyota, not AUDI.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.a...22285&sneak-preview-:-broncos-new-home-jersey

00005748-image.jpg

00005749-image.jpg

axl rose

Bench
wow, there is nothing quite like skyblue, navy blue and orange on a maroon background. FFS.

They brought in these lower back sponsors a few years back. Saints is black, Raiders ugly red sh*t. Panthers even had a horid looking pink ad.

The sanctity of the jersey is long gone unfortunately. NRL now the most sponsored/cluttered ugly jerseys in pro sport. Except for that pink French jersey perhaps.

Good luck to the walking billboards that buy them, you are true fanatics but ffs a a few regulations are needed.

hrundi99

First Grade
They brought in these lower back sponsors a few years back. Saints is black, Raiders ugly red sh*t. Panthers even had a horid looking pink ad.

The sanctity of the jersey is long gone unfortunately. NRL now the most sponsored/cluttered ugly jerseys in pro sport. Except for that pink French jersey perhaps.

Good luck to the walking billboards that buy them, you are true fanatics but ffs a a few regulations are needed.

There are regulations you muppet. Do you think the clubs should forgo the revenue they receive from sponsorship?

hellteam

First Grade
At least now they give us the option of buying new retro jersey's for about the same price.... and WAY better quality. I'd rather just stick to them.

Knightmare

Coach
I think there should be a ruling that major sponsors have to all that is possible to integrate their brand into the jersey. Having sponsorship like what WOW have on the Broncos and ME Bank on the Storm, looks pasted on and it cheapens the code as a whole. If you like product placement disgiused as sport, go watch NASCAR...

Timmah

Staff member
While I hate the way some sponsors make jerseys look, I'm happy for names to be plastered all over as long as the colours of the jersey remain obvious.

Any money pumped into the code legitimately = good.

LESStar58

Referee
I know this isn't a RU thread, but check out the horrible new wobblies jersey. Looks like a training shirt at best. God, how good does our kangaroos jersey look in comparison?!

427936-dtstory-wallabies-jersey.jpg

The Kangaroos jersey is the greatest jersey in world sport...

Hindyscrack

Bench
Storms new Jersey = Balls

Wallabies Jersey, has O'Neill forgotten he works for the ARU not the FFA anymore? Socceroos anyone?

hrundi99

First Grade
I think there should be a ruling that major sponsors have to all that is possible to integrate their brand into the jersey. Having sponsorship like what WOW have on the Broncos and ME Bank on the Storm, looks pasted on and it cheapens the code as a whole. If you like product placement disgiused as sport, go watch NASCAR...

Please explain to me how having sponsor logos on a jersey affects the playing of the sport?

GCR

Juniors
Wallabies Jersey, has O'Neill forgotten he works for the ARU not the FFA anymore? Socceroos anyone?

The Wallabies used a predominantly gold jersey for decades before altering it in the mid-90s. I wouldn't have a clue what the Socceroos have used through the years but in Aussie sport the gold jersey = the Wallabies.

Timmah

Staff member
Pretty sure soccer teams from Australia have been wearing gold for a long long time...

Saint Doc

Coach
Storms new Jersey = Balls

Yeah, but those wallaby jerseys i'm sure also had a collar, and for around the last 15 years anyway, they've had much more green around the sleeves, or under the arms or across the chest. Now very similar...

Socceroos:
1538004510090000.jpg

Wallabies:
wallabies_strip2-600x400.jpg

Anyway...back to the real deal!