What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Dragon Dave

Bench
I like the Wallabies kit. Who cares if it looks like the Australian football jersey (I'll never bring myself to say 'Socceroos.' They are all representing Australia.

Look at England - both codes have white kits

Saint Doc

Coach
I like the Wallabies kit. Who cares if it looks like the Australian football jersey (I'll never bring myself to say 'Socceroos.' They are all representing Australia.

Look at England - both codes have white kits

I'm confused that you wont use the socceroos nickname, but you'll use the wallabies and dragons nicknames? Whats the difference?

And I think the point is that the wallabies jersey looks like a training shirt. Something like below looks much more like a Wallabies jersey:

john-eales-career-wallabies-jersey.jpg

Anyway this will officially be the last time i post a bloody union jersey - friggen hate the game!

Dragon Dave

Bench
I'm confused that you wont use the socceroos nickname, but you'll use the wallabies and dragons nicknames? Whats the difference?

And I think the point is that the wallabies jersey looks like a training shirt. Something like below looks much more like a Wallabies jersey:

john-eales-career-wallabies-jersey.jpg

Anyway this will officially be the last time i post a bloody union jersey - friggen hate the game!

First of all, they play football - Not soccer. Secondly I think it would have to be the most tacky, corny nickname in world sport (closely followed by North Qld Fury.) I don't understand why they can't just be called Australia.

I just think it sounds very amateur and have alot of mates who are English, Italian etc who laugh every time they hear it.

Danish

Referee
Roosters have announced their major sponsor...

steggles%20logoSm.jpg

No I am not joking:

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/de...ney-roosters-launch-sponsorship-with-steggles

Sydney Roosters launch Sponsorship with Steggles
Friday, 5 February 2010
The Sydney Roosters have today reaffirmed a ‘New Beginning’ by announcing a new Major Sponsor, Steggles. As part of the agreement, the Club’s ‘New Attitude’ of Community Engagement will also be embraced through a new initiative, the Charity Nest.
Steggles, who has signed a three-year deal with the Club that will see its name adorn the front of the Roosters playing strips, presented the Charity Nest concept to the Club that could see up to $250,000 donated to charities in the 2010 season.
For every point the Sydney Roosters beat their opposition by in the 2010 season, Steggles will donate $1,000 to a Charity Nest, while the Sydney Roosters will also contribute $250 per point.
Key to the sponsorship deal was the fact that both companies have a long and proud Australian history with a drive to assist the community and charities as much as possible.
“This is an exciting New Beginning for the Sydney Roosters and we are delighted that Steggles is on board not only as our Major Sponsor but also as a partner in driving our New Attitude with the Charity Nest,” said Roosters CEO Steve Noyce.
“Both the Sydney Roosters and Steggles are thrilled about this partnership and are looking forward to what the future holds in the growth of our brands together. This is far more than a standard sports sponsorship, it is a total community initiative that is unlike anything the Club has ever done before with several charities the major beneficiaries.”
“Steggles and Roosters each have a proud heritage and a belief in grass roots community involvement and we believe this makes the sponsorship a perfect fit,” said Simon Camilleri, General Manager, Steggles.
“We believe that the Club is fully committed to a fresh start to the new season both on and off the field and what was essential for us was a shared commitment to the community. The Roosters are enthusiastic to support a range of charities through our sponsorship and we were impressed at their willingness to embrace this approach.”
The seven charities who will benefit from the Charity Nest at the conclusion of the season are Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service, Lifestart, Camp Quality, Autism SA, the Children’s Cancer Research Institute, Royal Children’s Hospital Brisbane (Working Wonders program) and Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation in Perth.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As a result, the Roosters' new home jersey... predominately blue -

00005831-fullsize.jpg

innsaneink

Referee
Yeh I dont really like the smaller V, but the sposors name/logo is incorporated into it very well...looks great.

Hrundi - you dont make sense.

innsaneink

Referee
hrundi99 said:
Please explain to me how having sponsor logos on a jersey affects the playing of the sport?

"If you like product placement disgiused as sport"

This implies to me that in his eyes the sponsorship gets in the way of watching the sport...doesn't make sense to me.

Two very very different things said by the same person - you.

Ie: You dont make sense.

I await your next petty little insult.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
City Ford
Siemens Mobiles
Western Union
Samsung
Steggles

How the mighty have fallen. Nice synergy, but its akin to a CRL sponsor.