What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

IanG

Coach
Will the Knights be having the Henny Penny style ones for their heritage jerseys again this year? They were very popular last season. Also is it just me or are modern jerseys starting to look like one day cricket shirts or are one day cricket shirts just looking more like footy jerseys?

Goddo

Bench
I saw a storm jersey in a shop the other day. To be fair, the new ones aren't as bad as first thought.

I actually like the design now, and even though it is ugly as hell, the Me Bank logo isn't that bad either. Not as bad as the Broncos with WoW at least. We should have a new thread (edit not tread... me fail engush. Thats umpossible)... a poll on who has the best and worst jerseys for 2010.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
I know this isn't a RU thread, but check out the horrible new wobblies jersey. Looks like a training shirt at best. God, how good does our kangaroos jersey look in comparison?!

427936-dtstory-wallabies-jersey.jpg

Jankuloski

Juniors
It seems to be a trend in Union now, the Irish also look a lot like shirts, as do an extent the English and French.

I kinda like the fact that they only do minor changes to the Roos jersey. The basic shirt follows the times, but the two big yellow Vs ensure that you instantly know it's the Australian national RL team.

This thing I would have to think before deducing it's the wallabies.

Last edited:

Jankuloski

Juniors
A rugby jersey (any code) needs a collar, that's what sets it appart from the soccer jersey, as well as the material and usually a pattern, unlike the soccer jerseys witch usually go for one color. Wallabies fail on all accounts.

Even kooGa put that small colar just so it's there.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
it does look a bit like the socceroos jersey but i actually quite like it, our Kangaroos jerseys design is way better though.

really like how they've blended the southern cross into the jersey

Jason Maher

Immortal
To answer a question raised earlier in the thread: Penrith last wore a cotton jersey in 2003 (the year they won the comp). The Dragons were the last team with a cotton jersey, for the 2004 season (though the striped away jersey we used from 01-05 was synthetic). In 2005 the supporters jerseys were still cotton, but the on-field ones were synthetic (with a horribly mangled V to accomodate the bloody sponsor of course).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Are there any better photos of the Saints away strip yet?

Goddo

Bench
then make it all red.

not this weird fly screen criss cross whatever the f**k that is.

agree. And drop the red shorts on the away... it looks like a different colour to that of the jersey and looks plain wrong. Steelers only played in red shorts in their final year, white before that.

Jerseys are pretty simple for St George, which is why it surprises me they keep screwing it up:
St George 1947 Red V white shorts hooped socks should be main,
Red Steelers jersey white shorts and white socks for alternate and
St George 1921 for heritage.

Very simple. There must be a loonatic in the jersey aprovals office. Maybe its Gaba...

Latest posts