What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Jason Maher

Immortal
agree. And drop the red shorts on the away... it looks like a different colour to that of the jersey and looks plain wrong. Steelers only played in red shorts in their final year, white before that.

Jerseys are pretty simple for St George, which is why it surprises me they keep screwing it up:
St George 1947 Red V white shorts hooped socks should be main,
Red Steelers jersey white shorts and white socks for alternate and
St George 1921 for heritage.

Very simple. There must be a loonatic in the jersey aprovals office. Maybe its Gaba...

Not quite. From 82-96, the Steelers main kit was a red shirt with two white hoops on the sleeves, white shorts with two red vertical stripes (almost the same as St. George), and red socks with two thin white stripes at the top. They occasionally wore a white jersey with red hoops. In 1995, they introduced a new alternate kit that had 3 thick red hoops with two very thin red hoops in between across the chest and on the sleeves. This was worn with red shorts and socks in 95-96. In 1997, the reverse of this design (red with white hoops) became the main jersey, and they changed the shorts to red and the sockes to white. These became the shorts and socks worn by the merged team from 99-05 (with the shorts changed to white with the same red stripoe pattern on the side).

In any case, ask any Steelers fan and you'd get an almost universal answer that the red jersey with two white hoops on the sleeve, white shorts, and red socks is the design that truly represents our team. It has the advantage of being a dead simple design that looks like something rugby league players should be wearing, with ther colour scheme being that of the old Southern Division rep teams. The red socks also are what St. George originally wore.

But I agree that we have a lunatic in our jersey design department. It's so simple: Steelers kit in Wollongong, St. George kit at Kogarah and away games, and the striped heritage jersey (with black shorts and red socks as worn originally by St. George) for Heritage round and to avoid clashes (i.e. away against Canterbury).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
and the striped heritage jersey (with black shorts and red socks as worn originally by St. George) for Heritage round and to avoid clashes (i.e. away against Canterbury).
This year they are one and the same :D

Saint Doc

Coach
This year they are one and the same :D

what do you mean?

EDIT: i understand now, you mean the away clash against Canterbury and heritage match are the same. I was thinking you meant our away strip and heritage jersey were one and the same...i vomited a bit in my mouth at that thought...

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Not quite. From 82-96, the Steelers main kit was a red shirt with two white hoops on the sleeves, white shorts with two red vertical stripes (almost the same as St. George), and red socks with two thin white stripes at the top. They occasionally wore a white jersey with red hoops. In 1995, they introduced a new alternate kit that had 3 thick red hoops with two very thin red hoops in between across the chest and on the sleeves. This was worn with red shorts and socks in 95-96. In 1997, the reverse of this design (red with white hoops) became the main jersey, and they changed the shorts to red and the sockes to white. These became the shorts and socks worn by the merged team from 99-05 (with the shorts changed to white with the same red stripoe pattern on the side).

In any case, ask any Steelers fan and you'd get an almost universal answer that the red jersey with two white hoops on the sleeve, white shorts, and red socks is the design that truly represents our team. It has the advantage of being a dead simple design that looks like something rugby league players should be wearing, with ther colour scheme being that of the old Southern Division rep teams. The red socks also are what St. George originally wore.

But I agree that we have a lunatic in our jersey design department. It's so simple: Steelers kit in Wollongong, St. George kit at Kogarah and away games, and the striped heritage jersey (with black shorts and red socks as worn originally by St. George) for Heritage round and to avoid clashes (i.e. away against Canterbury).

Couldn't agree more. I know they make changes to jerseys so they can sell "product" to us "consumers", but they need only be very subtle changes each year. The crap clubs marketing departments come up with is getting rediculous.

I had hoped all the positive feedback the doggies were getting by going back to their roots would see clubs adopt more traditional styles this year and into the future. HA! I could not have been more wrong.

***MH***

Bench
Canterbury have signed Doltone House as a sleeve sponsor for 3 years in a $1 million dollar deal.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....22051&doltone-house-sign-on-as-sleeve-sponsor

Doltone House sign on as sleeve sponsor

Thursday, 28 January 2010
Bulldogs Chief Executive Todd Greenberg is delighted to announce that the Club’s commitment to family has been rewarded with Doltone House signing on as sleeve sponsor for the next three years in a million dollar deal.
As winners of the 2009 Family Business of the Year and with their newly opened function centre, Darling Island Wharf, the first venue in NSW to be housed with a 6-star Greenstar building, the directors of Doltone House felt a strong alignment to the family heritage of the Bulldogs and its current position in Australian sport as a leader in corporate and social responsibility.
“We understand that the Bulldogs are one of the most watched sporting clubs in Australian sport however it is the family centric nature of their demographic and the work they do in the community that has us most excited,” said Managing Director Mr Paul Signorelli.
“Considering the products and services that we offer, having the ability to directly reach a demographic firmly anchored in the 18 – 44 year old range (71%) is a marketers dream.”
A family owned and operated company with a significant portfolio of waterfront entertainment and catering venues, including Jones Bay Wharf and Darling Island Wharf, the Doltone House Group is about to launch their own food brand/store, Signorelli Gastronomia.
Chief Executive Mr Todd Greenberg says the Bulldogs will work hard to deliver a return on investment that goes well beyond the expectations of the Doltone House Group.
“The synergy in our values is undeniable. The best family business in NSW partnering with the family club at a time when both wish to grow to the next level is perfect,” Mr Greenberg said.
In a further boost to the Club’s preparations for the upcoming season, the Membership program has already grown by 14% to just over 8,000 and further increases are expected as the game moves into the key purchasing period for fans.
Doltone House – awards and achievements:
· Winner 2009 family business of the year NSW/ACT (2nd Generation)
· Winner 2009 Italian National Day awards – Italo-Australian of the year- (Managing Director’s Award)
· Winner 2008 meeting & events industry awards - meeting venue of the year
· Winner 2008 meeting & events industry awards - corporate social responsibility award
· Winner 2007 meetings & events industry awards - meeting venue of the year
· Winner 2007 city of Sydney business awards - business of the year
· Winner 2007 city of Sydney business awards - best entertainment venue
· Winner 2007 Deloitte NSW family business growth awards
· Winner 2007 Italian chamber of commerce awards of excellence
http://www.doltonehouse.com.au/

Timmah

Staff member
Didn't even notice Bankstown Sports had disappeared :crazy:

***MH***

Bench
Didn't even notice Bankstown Sports had disappeared :crazy:
This was referred to in an article last week.

It's no wonder the Bulldogs are standing firm on a $300,000 asking price for their sleeve sponsorship, which last year's occupant Bankstown Sports Club has refused to pay.

"We know it's worth that much because of the amount of exposure our club and the game in general is creating," Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg said. "We've had plenty of companies try to get it cheap, but we won't be budging below $300,000."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/why-nrl-deserves-bumper-tv-deal/story-e6frfgbo-1225822324520

Saint Doc

Coach
Hows this for amateur hour? Mick Simmons is using a mock up Dragons jersey on their official website!! From that gazzzaf designs guy

picture_15__97393_thumb.png

http://www.micksimmons.com.au/products/NRL-St-George%2dIllawarra-Dragons-Home-Jersey-2010.html

bobmar28

Bench
I know this isn't a RU thread, but check out the horrible new wobblies jersey. Looks like a training shirt at best. God, how good does our kangaroos jersey look in comparison?!

427936-dtstory-wallabies-jersey.jpg

Very good. And I hope it never changes.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
Should have stuck with the mock up, that red collar looks f**king ridiculous on that jersey, how you manage to f**k up a design as simple as the red vee ill never know.

Timmah

Staff member
Watched that earlier this evening.

Any other game and Cooper would've been sitting down for 10 minutes, what a dangerous tackle.

Monk

Referee
surprised copper wasn't out for the season with a neck injury, looks like idris is about to sit on his head

Saint Doc

Coach
Hopefully Cooper didn't hurt "Tits Idris" too much...wouldnt want to ruin his pretty face for his acting career!

Goddo

Bench
It wasn't malicious. I was sitting not far from where it happened and you could see it on Coopers face that he didn't mean it, that he put himself in a bad position and did something stupid out of instinct.

God that was a good game though. I hope rd 10 this year at ANZ will be as good. I wouldn't miss heritage round for anything now.