What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

_Johnsy

Referee
From the dragons forum re: 2011 alternate strip, and may I say it's about bloody time

reply from peter doust
Hi XXXX (real name)

I refer to your email of June 11th 2010 and thank you for taking the time to do so.

The Red V jersey for 2010 will be the same in 2011. The alternate will be Steelers Heritage Jersey.

I cannot guarantee there will not be changes from 2012 as we will need to renegotiate major, sleeve and back of jersey partners during 2010/2011.

The number of different jerseys we may support each year relates, primarily, to our priority of offering our members and supporters choice. Furthermore to support our retail strategies, to drive merchandise revenue.

In saying this our Red V jersey will always be our main strip.

Regards
Peter Doust

Peter Doust
Executive Director / Chief Executive Officer

yakstorm

First Grade
A jersey change that happened below the radar on Friday night, was the tweaks the Roosters did to their home jersey.

The V now stretches back over the shoulder, and the Red and White bands on the sleeves are back.

Jersey at the start of the year:
NRL+Trial+Roosters+v+Eels+TQGQii4YpYMl.jpg

Jersey on Friday Night:
NRL+Rd+18+Roosters+v+Rabbitohs+N0V20Y3d774l.jpg

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
A jersey change that happened below the radar on Friday night, was the tweaks the Roosters did to their home jersey.

The V now stretches back over the shoulder, and the Red and White bands on the sleeves are back.

it's awfully similar to the heritage jersey they wore in heritage round. maybe they dusted it off because they were playing souths?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Correct, it is their heritage jersey. Identified this in the match thread on the night. Was discussed much earlier in this thread too.

Nuke

Staff member
Why are St.George-Illawarra changing their alternative jersey already? I was under the impression clubs had to keep alternate jerseys for 2 years and main jerseys for 3. Dragons have only had their 'wolverine-slashed' jersey 1 season. I can understand them wanting to change it as it's a strange design and not exactly the best looking, but I didn't think they'd be allowed to..?

TheDalek079

Bench
that heritage jersey needs to be our fulltime home jersey. just change steggles back to City Ford and put Eastern Suburbs on the logo and it'd be perfect

_Johnsy

Referee
Nuke
There was such an outrage from St.George Illawarra supporters the club had no option but change it. People power at its best

Timmah

Staff member
Looking at the draw Johnsy, I can't see any reason you'd have to wear it again in 2010:

v Souffs = red v
v Titans = red v
v Broncos = red v
v Roosters = red v
v Manly = red v
v Canberra = red v
v Knights = red v
v Souffs = red v

_Johnsy

Referee
Looking at the draw Johnsy, I can't see any reason you'd have to wear it again in 2010:

v Souffs = red v
v Titans = red v
v Broncos = red v
v Roosters = red v
v Manly = red v
v Canberra = red v
v Knights = red v
v Souffs = red v

Doust is in charge so you never no Timmah.

Surely our jumper would clash with Souffs :sarcasm:

beave

Coach
yes yes yes!!!!! That penrith one and the knights one are f**king awesome.

would be brilliant if they adopted them for fulltime use.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
About time Penrith did that as a heritage.

I'm hearing murmurs the Knights might not be with KooGa next year. Not sure who'll pick them up, I'd dare say Canterbury (they seem to be moving into the RL market) or Blades (they've already picked up Cronulla).

Hope they keep the sentiment of the heritage henny penny design.

I wish Canterbury would refine the square vee :fist:

beave

Coach
That 90's style panther logo is better than that one they have been using for the last 9 odd years.

Just go back to it you assclowns at the top in pantherland, you know the fans would love it.

That knights one is just superb.