What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

hellteam

First Grade
Draft Penrith 2011 heritage, seen on the Panthers Forum

2011%20-911.jpg

YES!!! I f**kING LOVE IT.

Bring it back full time, seriously that's one of the best jersey's ever, looks great with the sponsors too. So so so so much better then their boring jersey at the moment. I had it as a kid and have always wanted them to bring it back, so DO IT!!!

King Tigerman

Juniors
that heritage jersey needs to be our fulltime home jersey. just change steggles back to City Ford and put Eastern Suburbs on the logo and it'd be perfect

city ford cant afford to pay the money asked to be your major sponsor
even if they put a good word in for ford youd have the ford logo on your jerseys

Knightmare

Coach
That 90's style panther logo is better than that one they have been using for the last 9 odd years.

Just go back to it you assclowns at the top in pantherland, you know the fans would love it.

That knights one is just superb.

That leaping panther logo looks more aggressive, but their current one looks scarier.

hellteam

First Grade
Seriously, the Knights (heritage), the Panthers (that jersey above), and the Cowboys (one in Beave's picture) all 100% need to go back to their old style jerseys as soon as possible. Their current ones are terrible in comparison. That Panthers mock up jersey really is phenomenal, and if I was a Panthers fan I would be setting up some kind of petition to send in to the club to make it next year's home strip, hell I'm even considering doing it and I'm not even a Panthers fan :)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
anyone whose club is switching to canterbury of nz, be happy. fantastic quality jerseys, easily the most comfortable and strong material i've had on a league jersey (since cotton).

hellteam

First Grade
anyone whose club is switching to canterbury of nz, be happy. fantastic quality jerseys, easily the most comfortable and strong material i've had on a league jersey (since cotton).

..except for the strange asymmetrical collar and turtle under-shell lines

beave

Coach
is there a good jersey template program out there?? I wanna come up with a cowboys throwback with the new logos on it.

Saint Doc

Coach
Looking at the draw Johnsy, I can't see any reason you'd have to wear it again in 2010:

v Souffs = red v
v Titans = red v
v Broncos = red v
v Roosters = red v
v Manly = red v
v Canberra = red v
v Knights = red v
v Souffs = red v

Problem is, we've already worn it against the Broncos, Cowboys and Raiders, of which there is no clash.

With our previous alternate, Doust was quoted as saying that it represented 25% of jersey sales, therefore was worn 25% of the time. This equated to 5-6 times per year. As we've "only" seen it 4 times this year (not including trials or heritage jersey), we'll see it at LEAST once, maybe twice again unfortunately (although it would be one of my happiest moments to be proved wrong on this one!). Most likely candidates would be the raiders or knights games I think.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Problem is, we've already worn it against the Broncos, Cowboys and Raiders, of which there is no clash.

With our previous alternate, Doust was quoted as saying that it represented 25% of jersey sales, therefore was worn 25% of the time. This equated to 5-6 times per year. As we've "only" seen it 4 times this year (not including trials or heritage jersey), we'll see it at LEAST once, maybe twice again unfortunately (although it would be one of my happiest moments to be proved wrong on this one!). Most likely candidates would be the raiders or knights games I think.
To be fair, you played those three sides in Wollongong, where the red strip would be better received. There's no chance of it being seen at any Kogarah matches, and I can't see any logic or reasoning behind it being used for any of the away clashes, except maybe Canberra. Even then, you wore the red v there last year.

Goddo

Bench
I think Doust has finally got the message. I don't think we will see it again, except maybe in Canberra.

It will go down in history as one of the worst jerseys ever, certainly St George's worst. Should have a thread... worst jersey ever by team.

i think the next sharks vs dragons derby should be played in your current away strip and out white and grey jersey from a few years ago

thatll bring the crowds in.

TheDalek079

Bench
I'm not convinced yet....sure it looks great on the Invisible Man but how will it look in the modern game? Get someone like Jennings and Lewis to trial it first. It'll probably be better than their current jersey

hellteam

First Grade
It will look awesome on the field. Amazing how good a jersey can look without something like !!WOW!! plastered on it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That Panthers jumper is one of my favourites.

They should use that next year when they play the Raiders. It'll be 20 years since the Panther first title win over Canberra in a classic match.

Spitty

Juniors
I love both the Knights and Panthers heritage jerseys. I knew the Panthers were applying to use the 1991 jersey for the heritage, but it's exceeded even my expectations. I'd love it to be our permanent home jersey but simple economics tells us that petitions won't achieve that, massive sales will.