What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

The Tank

Bench
:lol: Look at the colour of the Jerseys they are wearing in the Banner across the top of the official Penrith Panthers website.

Brown :lol:

:? Not it's not, it's our normal black jerseys. Unless the banners interchange... if so then I'm guessing you're seeing our heritage shirts.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep, that's probably just the lighting or brightness. They're black jerseys.

ballaratdragon

Juniors
Yep, that's probably just the lighting or brightness. They're black jerseys.

Nope, no trick of lighting. Are we looking at the same site. They are the brownest black I have ever seen :lol:

Here: www penrithpanthers com au

Look at the banner across the top. You can see Petero, Luke and Frank wearing BROWN jerseys. :D
:thumb

nqcowboy87

Bench
Nope, no trick of lighting. Are we looking at the same site. They are the brownest black I have ever seen :lol:

Look at the banner across the top. You can see Petero, Luke and Frank wearing BROWN jerseys. :D

yeh but look at all the other pictures and the aqctual jerseys, its the lighting or you just may well be colour blind

Saint Doc

Coach

haha! im with you mate, definitely look brown, but they've obviously just fiddled with the contrast so that they stand out from the black banner. Penrith dont even make a brown jersey in that style...they're black!

ballaratdragon

Juniors
haha! im with you mate, definitely look brown, but they've obviously just fiddled with the contrast so that they stand out from the black banner. Penrith dont even make a brown jersey in that style...they're black!

Regardless of what colour they really are, they are brown on the website banner :lol:

and to make my point about clubs wearing different colours, Broncos were wearing Navy Blue and white yesterday. :p

applesauce

Bench
Regardless of what colour they really are, they are brown on the website banner :lol:

and to make my point about clubs wearing different colours, Broncos were wearing Navy Blue and white yesterday. :p

As opposed to their normal away jersey? :roll:

sm_broncos10%20players%20jersey%20-%20away.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

So because they appear brown, due to whatever settings the Panthers web bloke used, you think their main jersey is brown now? :lol:

As for the Broncos, well done for using a tribute jersey to Cyril Connell as points in a web argument :thumb

Paulie Jay

Juniors
Just on that, what was it about the colour blue that made it a tibute? I Once read that when the Broncos were on the verge of being admitted to the comp they were going to wear a blue jesey, but were gazumped by Newcastle. Is it something to do with that?

DeeJ

Bench
Just on that, what was it about the colour blue that made it a tribute? I Once read that when the Broncos were on the verge of being admitted to the comp they were going to wear a blue jersey, but were gazumped by Newcastle. Is it something to do with that?

Blue and yellow are the official colours of Brisbane so there is a tie in there. By the way Brisbane didn't choose blue in the end and went for maroon for the QLD connection.

Patorick

Staff member
The blue has been slowing creeping it's way in since 1997.

I liked the Cyril Connell jersey though, reckon they should wear it once a year. I'm guessing navy is the main colour for Rockhampton (where he was born).

Paulie Jay

Juniors
Blue and yellow are the official colours of Brisbane so there is a tie in there. By the way Brisbane didn't choose blue in the end and went for maroon for the QLD connection.

Really? I seem to remember Combined Brisbane sides wearing red and white in the 1980s in the midweek cups. Well, I've just learnt something new :)

hellteam

First Grade
Really? I seem to remember Combined Brisbane sides wearing red and white in the 1980s in the midweek cups. Well, I've just learnt something new :)

Yeah they did wear red and white, Brisbane representative teams still do to this day.

Blue and yellow is the city's 'official' colours. Example - Brisbane City Council buses, logo etc are blue and yellow

Hopefully once the CCBEARS come in we'll have a few options for heritage and special game's jersey's.

128px-North_Sydney_Bears_home_jersey_1951.svg.png

1951 Jersey

128px-North_Sydney_Bears_home_jersey_1908.svg.png

1908/current CCBears Jersey

128px-North_Sydney_Bears_home_jersey_1979.svg.png

1980's Jersey.

70jersey.jpg

1970's Roy Francis Jersey (one of my favs)

128px-North_Sydney_Bears_home_jersey_1992.svg.png

1990's Jersey (with the red & black being inter changeable)