What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Goldthorpe

Bench
Hopefully once the CCBEARS come in we'll have a few options for heritage and special game's jersey's.
128px-North_Sydney_Bears_home_jersey_1992.svg.png

1990's Jersey (with the red & black being inter changeable)
Love it! One of my favourite jerseys

macavity

Referee
Just on that, what was it about the colour blue that made it a tibute? I Once read that when the Broncos were on the verge of being admitted to the comp they were going to wear a blue jesey, but were gazumped by Newcastle. Is it something to do with that?

Brisbane were going to wear blue and red, because together they make maroon.

The NSWRL saw our artwork and loved it so much they told Brisbane they couldn't use our colours.

(FTR Newcastle's colours come from the first school in Newcastle - our civic colours are cinnamon and emerald, i.e. brown and green).

Goddo

Bench
Blue and yellow are the official colours of Brisbane so there is a tie in there. By the way Brisbane didn't choose blue in the end and went for maroon for the QLD connection.

Just about every city in Australia claims blue and yellow as their colours... they are also the national colours (green and gold are sporting colours only).

Parramatta, Canberra, Brisbane, I'm sure theres a heap of others.... there must be a connection at the cowboys...

macavity

Referee
got to see Newcastle's 2011 artwork today. Not as bas as I had feared - don't love it though. We are with Blades.

innsaneink

Referee
830148-roosters.jpg

Sundays jumper commemorating the 75 GF team that beat Saints 38 - 0

IT MIGHT have been 35 years ago but Sydney Roosters players will this weekend know each and every name of the famous 1975 Eastern Suburbs premiership-winning side. Showing a sentimental and traditional side, Roosters management has commissioned a special jumper for Sunday's blockbuster against St George Illawarra at the Sydney Cricket Ground. The jersey is a replica of that worn by the Jack Gibson-coached team that famously beat the Dragons 38-0 in the 1975 grand final, also at the SCG.
The old Roosters emblem will be back and the name of each member of the 1975 grand final side emblazoned on the sleeve.
All the legends are there - Arthur Beetson, Ian Schubert, Bruce Pickett, John Brass, John Rheinberger, Bill Mullins, John Peard, John Mayes, Kevin Stevens, Ian Mackay, Elwyn Walters, Grant Hedger, Ron Coote, Barry Reilly, Des O'Reilly and coach Gibson.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Roosters forwards Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Frank Paul Nuuausala were at the SCG yesterday to speak about the club's history and what they knew about the 1975 grand final.
"It is sensational coming to the SCG," Waerea-Hargreaves said. "There is a lot of history.
Dean Ritchie says it's time for Jamie Soward to stand up on Sunday. Join Dean's live blog here
"When you see all the big cricket names on the boards in the Members Stand, it gives you a real buzz. I saw all those names when I was warming up here once for the Manly under-20s.
"I don't know too much about the club's history but people often tell me that the 1975 Easts side was one of the greatest teams ever.
"I know they wore the Roosters jumper with great pride. I didn't follow rugby league growing up [in New Zealand] but when people at the club talk about its great history, the '75 side always comes up.
"They tell me how much admiration the players had for the Easts jumper."
Waerea-Hargreaves was not named in the Roosters side last night but is still expected to play if he overcomes a hip injury.
Nuuausala is also New Zealand-born but has learnt about Gibson's wonderful side.
"There is a lot of history at this club and it will be a dream to play at the SCG," Nuuausala said. "You always hear about the 1975 side, Artie Beetson and the white boots [infamously worn by Saints fullback Graeme Langlands]."
Asked how he would feel running out in front of 40,000 fans, Nuuausala said: "It will give me goosebumps. I know there will be a lot of Roosters fans out there. They could make the difference in the end."
The match will pit one versus two on the competition ladder.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...earts-on-sleeves/story-e6frexnr-1225900831008

Last edited:
Ah yes, the household name that is John Rheinberger.

A great jersey that can fire up the lads for a big one. Could also fire up the Dragons unfortunately.

Chook Norris

First Grade
apparently the logo on the jersey is in fact incorrect. The 75 GF jersey had the Rooster standing on the "Easts To win" Ball instead

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Just about every city in Australia claims blue and yellow as their colours... they are also the national colours (green and gold are sporting colours only).

Parramatta, Canberra, Brisbane, I'm sure theres a heap of others.... there must be a connection at the cowboys...

http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/symbols/colours.cfm

The national colours, green and gold, hold a treasured place in the Australian imagination.

Blue+gold are only heraldic colours, they have little importance.

Also I might be wrong but I was under the impression that Canberra city's colour was green while the ACT's colours are blue+gold.

hrundi99

First Grade
Apparently the first league team in the ACT (or Queanbeyan...can't remember) wore green and white, and that was added to the ACT colours of blue and gold...

Nuke

Staff member
I've always laughed when I read that Brisbane originally wanted the red and blue colours because "combined, it makes maroon". I laugh because blue + red = purple. Maroon is pretty much just dark red.

Latest posts