What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

*Paul*

Juniors
Well 11K+ is more than 7k it would've got mid season.

141591 in 11 games @ 12871 to break the aggregate H&A record. Shouldn't be a problem.

docbrown

Coach
23,148 @ Newcastle

About bloody time they got a 20k plus again.

It would have been hard to squeeze another person in. The atmosphere was great and the Dragons fans were mixed in with the Knights supporters, which lead to some interesting moments.

A bunch of drunken Dragons lads decided to upgrade to better seats. Obviously it wasn't going to work at a... SOLDOUT GAME.

You should have heard the crowd bag the hell out of them. :lol::lol::lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
Not an NRL crowd, but Wembley looks and sounds f**king awesome for the sold out Challange Cup, must be close to 90k

Moffo

Referee
Revising predictions, I reckon we can get...

10-11k at Toyota (Barrett/Covell farewell, hopefully more)
23-24k at EAS (sold out)
13-14k at Canberra (vs crap team but hopefully they won some local support last week)

then
20k at Leichhardt (close to a sellout)
20k at SFS (if these two teams fans are fair dinkum there SHOULD be 30k there)
20k at ANZ (Noddy & General's farewell, Penrith still challenging for top two)

Those figures would push us to 147k for the round, an average of 18375.

Next week:
Titans v Tigers 25k
Broncos v Raiders 31k
Parra v NZ 11k
Panthers v Sharks 10k
Cowboys v Roosters 11k
Storm v Knights 29k
Manly v Bulldogs 16k
Dragons v Rabbitohs 18k
Total 151000 Average 18875

The interstate matches will push the average up for the final weekend.

Even allowing for some of those figures being 1 or 2k below what I've predicted, we should beat last years record of 3,080,000 by some margin hopefully. It gives us an average of 16,432 though, just 30-odd short of the old record.

29k at storm vs knights? are you on drugs again?

Teddyboy

First Grade
Corporates. At soccer games those seats are deserted until 10 mins into the game, and 5 minutes either side of the half. They love to eat and hang out at the bars apparently
Yes there are 15000 corporates at i think most are used for Soccer sadly.

VictoryFC

Bench
Yes there are 15000 corporates at i think most are used for Soccer sadly.

Well...it is a soccer stadium. Maybe if RL had their own stadia....:cool:

85k still a great crowd. Although even Webber taking GP pole seems to be a bigger story if online UK papers are anything to go by.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
3 great crowds thus far

Warriors/Broncos
Bunnies/Eels
Knights/Dragons

1 shocking crowd

Raiders/Cowboys

Im not gonna bag the Sharkies,they have only won about 4 games in the past 50 years,they still get over 10k most times too.

Red Bear

Referee
Leichhardt Oval sold out this afternoon, would be a sensational day on the hill there. Stupid uni assignment!!!

So 20K for the tigs, i think the SFS should push 20K as well with any luck. Tomorrow will hopefully be boosted by the Patten and Kimmorley farewells.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
23,148 @ Newcastle

About bloody time they got a 20k plus again.
Inconsistent form, the hesitation of going to an under-construction stadium, reduced member numbers due to said construction work, a reduced overall capacity - of course they've struggled to break 20k.

Fantastic crowds in the latter part of the season though, well done to both sets of fans last night.

29k at storm vs knights? are you on drugs again?
$1 tickets, game is already a sellout. The ground supposedly holds 30/31k. I'm probably being ambitious, I'd say 26 or 27k allowing for those who decide the $1 isn't worth it.

Jamberoo

Juniors
The Storm's $1 tickets for the last game should be a winner.
I have few few mates going to their first RL game.
With no AFL game here Sunday either, they should pack it out.