What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Goddo

Bench
Going on this: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

We need 142.6k to crack the 3m fans for a season for the 3rd time since the NRL was formed (since 1998). Thats an average of 8913 for the remaining 16 games.

We need an average of 19024 from the remaining 16 games to crack the record average attendence of 16468 from 2005.

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Going on this: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

We need 142.6k to crack the 3m fans for a season for the 3rd time since the NRL was formed (since 1998). Thats an average of 8913 for the remaining 16 games.

We need an average of 19024 from the remaining 16 games to crack the record average attendence of 16468 from 2005.

The 3,000,000 is certain.

The record depends on apathetic fans finally showing up. There's some teams in the Top 8 who should be getting 4000-6000 more fans at their games then they have.

The way this comp is, these last two weeks may be the last chance to see your team in your local area this year. If you haven't got your ticket, then you should go buy one.

Billythekid

First Grade
The 3,000,000 is certain.

The record depends on apathetic fans finally showing up. There's some teams in the Top 8 who should be getting 4000-6000 more fans at their games then they have.

The way this comp is, these last two weeks may be the last chance to see your team in your local area this year. If you haven't got your ticket, then you should go buy one.

If the broncos can get close to 40K and the storm close to 30K next week that will go along way to helping the average. I was thinking we were no chance but no im thinking we may still break the record.

Considering the amount of sh*t we have heard from the likes of teddyboy it's going to be pretty funny if we break both the average and aggregate record.

Next year the storm will be playing for points and the kinghts will have their stadium back at full capacity.

The NRL's new push for memberships will also continue to grow.

I think we will break both records quite handily next year.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Rnd 14: Monday night 8/7/96 Roosters v Brisbane: crowd 35,075

Rnd 16: Monday night 22/7/96 Roosters v Manly: crowd 37,981

Now, I know a 'buy a Big Mac and get a free footy ticket' offer was available for these two Monday night fixtures, but I highly doubt these type of Monday night footy crowds would be possible for the Roosters again, even with a similar Maccas offer in place.

Was it just because MNF was a new fad at the time? These crowds stick out like dogs balls. Did anyone on this forum go to either of these games? Was the crowd packed with Roosters fans or just people wanting to go out on a Monday night?

I went to one of these games.... it was a great night, Andrew Gee did a tap from the 22m line and didnt release from the foot... Penalty in front an 11 -10 victory to easts, from memory. Miss nude Australia even stripped and ran on to the field butt naked. That was awesome for a 17 yo at the time.

I recall Triple M for some reason got massively behind these games and had live bands and live broadcast from the ground. They pumped up the games for weeks. They where only a couple of MNF games that year as well...

That being said, if it worked then, why cant it work all the time, I think the SFS, Suncorp and AAMI park should have 2 MNF games a year and promote the f**k out of them to get city workers to go to the games after work.. we would need to partner up with a radio station or something to get publicity etc...

At least that would create 6 good MNF crowds and maybe create some initiative between the other clubs who get a MNF game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
19,908. Average of 20k for FNF. Good stuff from both crowds.

Teddyboy

First Grade
If the broncos can get close to 40K and the storm close to 30K next week that will go along way to helping the average. I was thinking we were no chance but no im thinking we may still break the record.

Considering the amount of sh*t we have heard from the likes of teddyboy it's going to be pretty funny if we break both the average and aggregate record.

Next year the storm will be playing for points and the kinghts will have their stadium back at full capacity.

The NRL's new push for memberships will also continue to grow.

I think we will break both records quite handily next year.
Listen mate i want to see at least 5 games out of 8 get good crowds every week and when the clubs do get good crowds i will shut up and i hope i say something positive about the games this weekend.

Bay City

Juniors
Listen mate i want to see at least 5 games out of 8 get good crowds every week and when the clubs do get good crowds i will shut up and i hope i say something positive about the games this weekend.

Why are you so negative?

Why waste your time with your repeated angst-ridden posts about the NRL and our crowds?

Predictions for the rest of the round
Toyota: 12k
EA: 23k (whatever they got vs Penrith last year)
Canberra: 17k
LO: 19k (won't crack 20, they'll shut the gates before we get there)
SFS: 15k
ANZ: 15k

Total (including the 40k tonight): 141k

Average: 17625

Teddyboy

First Grade
But your comments are passive-aggressive AND boring so 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Right in a perfect world i would love to see the NRL and Super League get crowds like what they are getting/will get this weekend every round week in,week out.
Right i will not say one negative thing for the rest of the NRL season and just sit back and enjoy the rest of the comp after the Challenge Cub tomorrow.