What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Roosters v Manly could be a worry. It really should be nudging the 20k mark but i think it will only get around 15k, hope i am wrong though. 3 losses in a row have turned away many of the supporters who came out for that Dragons game.

Not sure how many Manly fans will make the trip either?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Revising predictions, I reckon we can get...

10-11k at Toyota (Barrett/Covell farewell, hopefully more)
23-24k at EAS (sold out)
13-14k at Canberra (vs crap team but hopefully they won some local support last week)

then
20k at Leichhardt (close to a sellout)
20k at SFS (if these two teams fans are fair dinkum there SHOULD be 30k there)
20k at ANZ (Noddy & General's farewell, Penrith still challenging for top two)

Those figures would push us to 147k for the round, an average of 18375.

Next week:
Titans v Tigers 25k
Broncos v Raiders 31k
Parra v NZ 11k
Panthers v Sharks 10k
Cowboys v Roosters 11k
Storm v Knights 29k
Manly v Bulldogs 16k
Dragons v Rabbitohs 18k
Total 151000 Average 18875

The interstate matches will push the average up for the final weekend.

Even allowing for some of those figures being 1 or 2k below what I've predicted, we should beat last years record of 3,080,000 by some margin hopefully. It gives us an average of 16,432 though, just 30-odd short of the old record.

mattystans000

Juniors
Unless my maths is wrong, it looks as though we only need an average crowd of 13250 for each of the remaining 14 games this year to equal the all time aggregate crowd record of 2009, and an average crowd of 18775 to equal the all time average crowd record of 2005.

For mine, the aggregate crowd record is a certainty to be broken this year, but I don't think the average crowd record will be broken this year, but things are looking up for the NRL over the next few years! The main message is: get out there and support your club in their last couple of games this year, I know I will!

jim_57

Staff member
Revising predictions, I reckon we can get...

10-11k at Toyota (Barrett/Covell farewell, hopefully more)
23-24k at EAS (sold out)
13-14k at Canberra (vs crap team but hopefully they won some local support last week)

then
20k at Leichhardt (close to a sellout)
20k at SFS (if these two teams fans are fair dinkum there SHOULD be 30k there)
20k at ANZ (Noddy & General's farewell, Penrith still challenging for top two)

Those figures would push us to 147k for the round, an average of 18375.

Next week:
Titans v Tigers 25k
Broncos v Raiders 31k
Parra v NZ 11k
Panthers v Sharks 10k
Cowboys v Roosters 11k
Storm v Knights 29k
Manly v Bulldogs 16k
Dragons v Rabbitohs 18k
Total 151000 Average 18875

The interstate matches will push the average up for the final weekend.

Even allowing for some of those figures being 1 or 2k below what I've predicted, we should beat last years record of 3,080,000 by some margin hopefully. It gives us an average of 16,432 though, just 30-odd short of the old record.

I think you're about right for this week, as for next week I think you might be underestimating the Broncos, I think they'll get atleast 35k despite the poor form.

applesauce

Bench
I think you're about right for this week, as for next week I think you might be underestimating the Broncos, I think they'll get atleast 35k despite the poor form.

The media is already talking up a 52k crowd (no chance without Locky) but it should be pretty full as it could be the game that decides the 8.

The Broncos will throw plenty of money at advertising to get the crowd there, just making the finals means a lot to the Broncos in terms of $$$.

docbrown

Coach
The media is already talking up a 52k crowd (no chance without Locky) but it should be pretty full as it could be the game that decides the 8.

The Broncos will throw plenty of money at advertising to get the crowd there, just making the finals means a lot to the Broncos in terms of $$$.

I really hope it sells out. Even if Locky is unfit, they should keep people guessing until the last minute in order to build the interest.

The extra 18,000 people at that game will knock over the short fall elsewhere and hopefully crack the record.

Question:

Are the Eels out of it now or is there some mathematical chance? I was hoping the Eels vs Warriors game might decide both teams' fates.

You'd hope they'd still pull a big crowd no matter what.

Timmah

Staff member
Eels are completely gone, because Brisbane and Canberra play each other and the Rabbitohs have a far superior points difference to the point where Parra would have to put 90 on NZ.

docbrown

Coach
Eels are completely gone, because Brisbane and Canberra play each other and the Rabbitohs have a far superior points difference to the point where Parra would have to put 90 on NZ.

Cheers, I figured it was something like that just didn't know the differential.

Hopefully some of the ex-pat Kiwi's in Sydney will take advantage of the opportunity and show up at Parramatta. Crowd? 12,000??

The Broncos v Raiders match could knock two teams out of the finals and a win is the only thing that would help either team's place. It looks like it'll be a big match that deserves a sell out seeing as there hasn't been a game there for a few weeks.

Timmah

Staff member
I would hope the ex-pat Kiwis in particular aim up for it, with Caylo being a Kiwi and all.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I would hope the ex-pat Kiwis in particular aim up for it, with Caylo being a Kiwi and all.

The ex-pats tend to com pout in force to support the Warriors come finals time, so I'd say there will be a decent crowd, albeit with Warriors supporters potentially outnumbering Eels fans.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I thought there would be more in Canberra tonight considering their form and the fact it is their last home game for the year.

Latest posts