What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Jono1987

Juniors
I dont believe that is true, Saints have good support around the country but in Sydney, the Bulldogs and Tigers (and to an extent the Eels) can generate more support, if Bulldogs put back to back seasons like the Dragons have, our average will push 25k, the dragons have trouble packing out a 18k capacity stadium

Our home crowd average would suggest the point your making however, we haven't played one single Sunday afternoon game at Kogarah this year. I don't think we'd have any trouble packing Kogarah on a Sunday afternoon.

Brutus

Referee
We will see what our crowds are like next year with no Wollongong. Apparently we are going to play some out of SCG/SFS

Well if you happen to have a successful season on-field in 2011, then you'll be the best supported team in Sydney.

You'll be able to play your blockbuster games in the bigger stadiums and promote them accordingly.

If a successful Dragons played a successfull Dogs at Kogarah what would the crowd be?

Play the same game at either the SCG, SFS or ANZ and what would the crowd be??

Guesses of course, but I'd like to think we know our footy crowds enough to have a stab at some figures.

shewi6

Juniors
A regular season game between two succesful dogs and dragons? About 40k at SFS and 50k at ANZ. I say 40 at SFS because of SCG members not all attending and 50 at ANZ because of easy transport (compared to SFS), and the widespread support of both teams through sydneys west.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Tonight's crowd might get more than the average Monday Night. Dogs have done a excellent job promoting the game.

17-18k IMO.

cleary89

Coach
How many friday night games have saints played? I'm sure people don't turn up to games when its the only live game on FTA all week.

Start giving saints some sunday arvo games, and the crowds will come.

VictoryFC

Bench
Yeah, and it might be just me but Kogarah just looks so much better during the day. There is something depressing about it at night on TV.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
On the M4 on the way to the Stadium now. Expect much of the crowd to be walking in a few mins before kick off and even 10-15 mins after the game starts.

Goddo

Bench
Stadium down here is getting done now, I'm sure it'll be ready for late next season.

They want the site cleared by the end of September, and construction will take around 9 months.

So the Dragons want to be playing games at WIN Stadium by July next year, but its a tight schedule, and any delays will see more games played at Kogarah.

They have already had a minor delay, as they found styrofoam in the grandstand, which would turn to dust if not carefully pulled apart.

Teddyboy

First Grade
All NRL grounds should not have any new upgrades from now on untill they get more people/mempership to the grounds.
Why is WIN Stadium getting upgraded ???

btw 3 great crowds for the Warriors/Knights and West Tigers and 2 ok/decent crowds for the Roosters and Souths.
Saying that if the Souths and the Roosters had there own 20000 ground things would look even better.

Red Bear

Referee
All NRL grounds should not have any new upgrades from now on untill they get more people/mempership to the grounds.
Why is WIN Stadium getting upgraded ???

btw 3 great crowds for the Warriors/Knights and West Tigers and 2 ok/decent crowds for the Roosters and Souths.
Saying that if the Souths and the Roosters had there own 20000 ground things would look even better.
Mainly because the western grandstand was crumbling

Latest posts