What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

adamkungl

Immortal
All NRL grounds should not have any new upgrades from now on untill they get more people/mempership to the grounds.
Why is WIN Stadium getting upgraded ???

wtf?

Saying that if the Souths and the Roosters had there own 20000 ground things would look even better.

wtf? Roosters have their own 45000 capacity ground. Souths play at the biggest ground in Australia.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Geez the excuses in Canberra were pisspoor... finals spot still up for grabs, big tribute for Tonguey, coming off an emphatic win just 6 days before... Cannot believe there was only 11k there. Disappointing IMO.

bmwpower

Juniors
I dont believe that is true, Saints have good support around the country but in Sydney, the Bulldogs and Tigers (and to an extent the Eels) can generate more support, if Bulldogs put back to back seasons like the Dragons have, our average will push 25k, the dragons have trouble packing out a 18k capacity stadium

if the dragons had a larger capacity stadium they would generate more support then all those teams you mentioned. the fact that both our grounds now have a capacity of around 18000, people tend to not go to smaller grounds because its more of a hassle, and also worrying if there will be any tickets left, so im sure many would stay at home. I reckon if they played at 6 at sfs and 6 at kogarah or wollongong, their average would crack 22-25000 easily.

ByRd

First Grade
if the dragons had a larger capacity stadium they would generate more support then all those teams you mentioned. the fact that both our grounds now have a capacity of around 18000, people tend to not go to smaller grounds because its more of a hassle, and also worrying if there will be any tickets left, so im sure many would stay at home. I reckon if they played at 6 at sfs and 6 at kogarah or wollongong, their average would crack 22-25000 easily.
they did play at the SFS and their average was nowhere near there, Saints have fans but in Sydney, they are behind the Bulldogs & Tigers.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Eh i thought it's the smaller grounds that get the better crowds.

chrisc101

Juniors

Without a doubt, the only thing holding back Saints averages is their game splits. If they played 3 games at the SFS and split the rest between KOG and WIN then their averages would go through the roof.

flamin

Juniors
By my calculations (16469 x 192 - 2,996,265) we need 165,738 to get the all-time crowd average record. Which works out to 20723 per game next week.

Ultimately it seems unlikely as the last round is a bit of a mixed bag. It would have to be the biggest last round ever so we'd be banking on big crowds in Brisbane, Melbourne and the Gold Coast.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
We will most likely miss that but not by a huge amount. This season certainly doesn't deserve the doom and gloom the likes of teddyboy are dishing out.

As for the 3 games you mentioned, they all should get big crowds. The storm game is sold out so i guess it might be reasonable to expect a decent crowd.

The broncos are playing for their season. Pretty much if they win they make, if they lose they don't. Seems like a pretty decent time for broncos fans to show up.

The titans are yet again having a great year. This is their final game and it is against the red hot tigers and will probably determine if they get a top 4 spot. Anything less than a sell-out at this point for the titans would be disappointing.

As for the other games.

Anything less than a sellout for both manly the dragons would be a disgrace. I really shouldn't have to explain why.

Penrith are heading into the top 4. Surely they can get 20K with this sort of form for the last game of the season.

NQ v Syd... well if they get 10K that would be more than the team deserves. I'm not expecting any more.

Parra v NZ. The season is over for parra and they are facing an out of town team. Hopefully with good kiwi support we can get 12-13K but that is doubtful at this point.

My predictions:
Bri v Can - 35K (will be disappointing)
GCT v Wes - 20K (again this should be a sellout)
Par v NZW - 12K
Pen v Cro - 18K
NQ v Syd - 10K
Mel v New - 28K
Man v Bul - 17K (always hard to predict at places like brookie)
STG v Sou - 18K (not sure of capacity?)

158K in total. Just short. Hopefully a few crowds can beat those expectations but im not overly confident.

Still it has been a decent year for crowds and i think we will see some big improvements next year.

Brutus

Referee
Without a doubt, the only thing holding back Saints averages is their game splits. If they played 3 games at the SFS and split the rest between KOG and WIN then their averages would go through the roof.

Try telling that to the hardcore Kogarah set.

Jono1987

Juniors
they did play at the SFS and their average was nowhere near there, Saints have fans but in Sydney, they are behind the Bulldogs & Tigers.

You can take Sydney, we'll take the rest of the east coast and most likely the country.

My penis > your penis.

user_nat

Coach
Judging by the ticketek site.. Broncos V Raiders won't get the huge crowd that some were expecting. If it were going to get 40k+ it would be in single seats for more than 1 category by now.

I'm expecting 34k and Suncorp and 24k at Skilled tonight.

dragondad

First Grade
Broncos v Raiders - 36k
Titans v Tigers - 22k
Eels v Warriors - 13k
Panthers v Sharks - 15k
Cowboys v Roosters - 15k
Storm v Knights - 27k
Manly v Bulldogs - 16k
Dragons v Souths - 17k

dragondad

First Grade
Found this on the ticketek site for the Titans match:

Away Supporters Bay Alloc. Exhausted

Alot of Tigers fans present?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Gold Coast crowd looks only a couple of thousand of capacity. Hows the Brisbane crowd looking?

Latest posts