What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

Coach
:lol: Brisbane and QLD in general figures for all three clubs are SIGNIFICANTLY down.

Broncos 2009 - 34587
Broncos 2010 - 34378

I see, that is quite significant. Almost significant enough to type it in caps.

Cowboys and Titans are down about 2-3k though.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Round 13

FRI- Bulldogs V Tigers 21000
FRI- Eels V Storm 13000
SAT- Panthers V Knights 13500
SAT- Roosters V Sharks 12000
SUN- Raiders V Titans 11000
SUN- Sea Eagles V Broncos 10000
SUN- Warriors V Dragons 15000
MON- Rabbitohs V Cowboys 10000

AV- 13188

Any word on what the weekends weather has in store for Sydney. If its good i would like to think penrith and manly could get quite good crowds given both sides form, otherwise i dont see a spectacular round crowd wise.

I think you overpredicted the Roosters/Sharks game by about 5k:lol:

Predicting the Eels/Storm game will get only 1k more then the Roosters/Sharks game :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And yet still significantly higher than Sydney averages.
Really?

Check out the Titans and Cowboys averages for me, then have a look at Canterbury, Souths, Parramatta, Dragons averages... let me know how you go.

m0nty

Juniors
Really?

Check out the Titans and Cowboys averages for me, then have a look at Canterbury, Souths, Parramatta, Dragons averages... let me know how you go.
I was talking about regional averages, Timmah, not individual clubs.

Qld-based team 2010 crowd average: 19,441 from 33 games
Sydney-based team 2010 crowd average: 17,043 from 56 games

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think you overpredicted the Roosters/Sharks game by about 5k:lol:

Predicting the Eels/Storm game will get only 1k more then the Roosters/Sharks game :lol:

i dont think 12K for the Roosters is too far off the mark. But it skipped my mind that the Eels game v melbourne would have you lot pumped, so ill give it 15-16K

Evenflow

Bench
take out brisbane and sydney is well and truly ahead of the interstate teams

What a ridiculous thing to say, why take out Brisbane when they're a part of the comp and the averages? Should we take them out of the overall averages as well and watch the numbers plummet? Also in the interest of fairness, if you're going to take out Brisbane just to suit your argument to be fair we should also not count when 2 Sydney teams play each other in Sydney because they have the advantage of attracting 2 "home" supporter bases to help lift the averages there.

The fact is averages are averages that takes everything into account. Some things will make them go up and some things will make them go down so to add things or take them out is just plain dumb.

ouwet

Bench
I was talking about regional averages, Timmah, not individual clubs.

Qld-based team 2010 crowd average: 19,441 from 33 games
Sydney-based team 2010 crowd average: 17,043 from 56 games

Yeah but that's just stupid! The only thing holding up those averages are the Broncos and they have a city of 2 million for themselves... Sydney have 9 clubs. GC & Cowboys crowds have been nothing short of pathetic, especially Gold Coast, they've been a top team for 3 years now same as both membership drives! Ticket prices are not an excuse for Gold Coast... They set the prices!

Chook Norris

First Grade
interest is quickly declining in this thread now, simultaneous with the abrupt but expected decline in NRL crowds..

weather's been crappy all week.. can't see that many turning up for this week's games in sydney

dogz08

First Grade
Bulldogs V Tigers 15k
Eels V Storm 11k
Panthers V Knights 10k
Roosters V Sharks 6k
Raiders V Titans 9k
Sea Eagles V Broncos 14k
Warriors V Dragons 9k
Rabbitohs V Cowboys 10k

mattyg

Bench
yeah but every other interstate team averages less than 20k and well and truly less than sydney clubs. If you wanna use that argument you can say that sydney often have 3-4 games per weekend to choose from...teams like newcastle, gold coast, brisbane, NQ, canberra, warriors etc. get to see there team run around once a fortnight.

MsStorm

Bench
interest is quickly declining in this thread now

It might be that people are focusing more on Israel's defection to the afl
and other issues within the nrl.

I think there will be a huge crowd at Parramatta tomorrow night and we all know why;-)

What's the weather forecast?

ouwet

Bench
It might be that people are focusing more on Israel's defection to the afl
and other issues within the nrl.

I think there will be a huge crowd at Parramatta tomorrow night and we all know why;-)

What's the weather forecast?

Well it is absolutely pouring outside... It's dark, cold and doesn't look like it's going to get better tonight! I think only the die hards will turn out tonight for both games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The weather will have a huge impact on both of tonight's crowds - under 20k now for both... Roosters v Sharks tomorrow night will be lucky to crack 8k.

Status
Not open for further replies.