What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flapper

First Grade
Dear me, weather or not that is pretty embarassing. After such a great start to the year for attendances as well.

The weather is a legitimate excuse. I don't think you quite understand how bad the weather was in Sydney today.

Chook Norris

First Grade
weather was dead set atrocious all week.. today was just horrible; non-stop, relentless rain. Haven't seen my shadow all day..

crowds were expected tbh

Red Bear

Referee
shut the f**k up haynetrain you f**king peon nothing but absolute bollocks evr since youve been on this board. merkin bag
laugh if the chooks out drew you after the sh*te youve written over the last while

weather has been apaling all week in ydney mi afraid si expected sh*t crowds. crap weather plu origin is poor for crowds.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

shut the f**k up haynetrain you f**king peon nothing but absolute bollocks evr since youve been on this board. merkin bag
laugh if the chooks out drew you after the sh*te youve written over the last while

weather has been apaling all week in ydney mi afraid si expected sh*t crowds. crap weather plu origin is poor for crowds.

Idiot,bad weather or not it was still under 10k you genius

brad_19

Juniors
Weather is a pathetic excuse. I would never not attend a game of football because of the weather. I'm committed to my side and supporting them, win lose or draw and would be happy to stand in the rain to do so if I had to. Sydney fans really need to harden up, 7k for a grand-final rematch, especially this one of all rematches, is absolutely, beyond pathetic. I would have expected more in a cyclone.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Weather is a pathetic excuse. I would never not attend a game of football because of the weather. I'm committed to my side and supporting them, win lose or draw and would be happy to stand in the rain to do so if I had to. Sydney fans really need to harden up, 7k for a grand-final rematch, especially this one of all rematches, is absolutely, beyond pathetic. I would have expected more in a cyclone.

Correct

Perth Red

Post Whore
Disagree, unless u living in Sydney u shouldnt comment, weather is feral.

I used to watch RL in the North of England when they played in Winter, many a time we would get there early to help clear the snow off the pitch! Are you really so soft in Sydney?

MightyBronco

Juniors
Terrible crowds.

Whatever excuses, whatever the cause, crowds like that are harmful to the game. FFS the sharks get better crowds than parra.

BranVan3000

Coach
Clubs really need to start TV advertising their games. I see the Swans do it in Sydney, I'm sure others do in AFL as well. Yet I've never seen this for an NRL club, the only advertisements are the TV timeslots on 9

MsStorm

Bench
11,837 at ANZ
7,572 at Parramatta

A reasonable crowd at ANZ considering the weather conditions, but a very disappointing crowd at Parra for the gf rematch.

I managed to pick up the ABC call on the Tigers/Dogs game and the around the ground presenter said the weather was fine.:?

Did it stop raining an hr or so before both games?

mattyg

Bench
pretty poor crowd at parra given the build up to the game but i spose it can be brushed a bit because the weather was attrocious. It was freezing cold and raining non stop all day. I was afraid we wouldn't manage to break 10k but we managed which was probably an OK effort. It wasn't just rain today, its been pissing down rain all week. The m4 was attrocious to drive on, families really aren't gonna come out in weather like that especially when its live on TV. Take away the rain and the dogs v tigers game pulls 20k plus easily IMO. We got 17k against broncos a few weeks back and tigers are a sydney team, so you are an idiot if you say weather wasn't a factor.

Evenflow

Bench

What he said. Word for word.

Adsy

Juniors
who here goes good at crowd stats?

When was the last time their was a smaller crowd for a grand final replay than what there was at parra last night?

bobmar28

Bench
A reasonable crowd at ANZ considering the weather conditions, but a very disappointing crowd at Parra for the gf rematch.

I managed to pick up the ABC call on the Tigers/Dogs game and the around the ground presenter said the weather was fine.:?

Did it stop raining an hr or so before both games
?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts