What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Even if you forget the weather that is a great crowd.

The GC continue to post disgraceful numbers. We should be trying to build a big fan base to shut out the AFL. Instead prohibitively high prices are holding fans out.

When the AFL come in they will make sure prices are cheap (especiaally for kids) to build a fan base. Than when they have one they can raise their prices a bit. So damn frsutrating.

VictoryFC

Bench
Indeed good crowd at Christchurch. That said, I dunno if its time to jump on the Christchurch over Wellington bandwagon. Long term Wellington still seems like the sound option.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Worst part about the GC situation is that people have spent good money on the season passes so any form of discounting becomes a kick in the guts for them. Hopefully these prices will only last until the start of next year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
just watched the NZ game, well done to the fans in Christchurch, great turn out in terrible conditions. That ground doesn't look great for an NRL team though, too big and too far from the action imo.

Good thing is it again shows another potential for the future if we nurture and grow and put the hard work in.

bobmar28

Bench
Titans must drop their ticket prices. Skilled Park should not be more expensive to go to than Suncorp Stadium.

All the tickets on the side that the camera faces are $55 - adult, $42 - junior.

AFL has $3 kids tickets. The Titans better make some changes before next season. I think they missed a golden opportunity to gain a lot of rusted on fans with cheap kids/family tickets over the past 3 years.

Serc

First Grade
pathetic crowd for the GC, a top 4 side playing at home should get more than 13k on a fine sunday afternoon.

Light showers all late morning and for all of NYC. Did clear though for NRL but also oddly enough there was no power at the ground for the 2nd half of NYC and part of the break between it and the NRL.

As for the Titans/Knights, I could hear the 'Newcastle' chants loud and clear. Really disappointing crowd.

The odd thing about this was this was the lowest amount of Knights supporters I've seen in the away supporters bay in the 3 games we've had there - well done to the Knights nannas contingent who started up the chant many times!

The GC continue to post disgraceful numbers. We should be trying to build a big fan base to shut out the AFL. Instead prohibitively high prices are holding fans out.

When the AFL come in they will make sure prices are cheap (especiaally for kids) to build a fan base. Than when they have one they can raise their prices a bit. So damn frsutrating.

While QLD is very much a league state, the Titans are going to make it much easier for the new AFL team to get a foothold with their silly prices, especially compared to the AFL war chest subsidised tickets they'll have at a revamped Carrara for not just a year or two...probably 5-10 years knowing them.

Another way to think about it is that the cheapest tickets in the stadium are $29 for adults (at the ends)...which is much higher than GA at most other venues.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe with the better TV deal and the increased grant they will be able to offset some of their expenses and bring their ticket prices down? If the drop in attendances isn't telling them they have out priced their market then I would suggest they should start looking for a new management team! Maybe one of the criteria for the grant increase should be a set price for NRL game tickets, create an equity across the league.

What would you say is a reasonable price? I'd say $30 best seats, $20 general admission and $10 jnrs./concessions

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Maybe with the better TV deal and the increased grant they will be able to offset some of their expenses and bring their ticket prices down? If the drop in attendances isn't telling them they have out priced their market then I would suggest they should start looking for a new management team! Maybe one of the criteria for the grant increase should be a set price for NRL game tickets, create an equity across the league.

What would you say is a reasonable price? I'd say $30 best seats, $20 general admission and $10 jnrs./concessions

Can't have league-standard prices when we have such massive differences in the quality of the stadiums, ie: Lang Park vs Brookie

clarency

Juniors
I don't think making the prices the same across all teams is the way to go, but they definitely need to be reduced. Prices need to be lowered across the board and should slowly be increased when they consistently sell-out.

NFL games sell tickets for up to $100 per game. It's a realistic goal once you gain/develop die-hard supporters who are making the extra moneys.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Its like 12 billion dollars to go to a NFL game and 35 million dollars to go to a Yankees game,stop complaining about Titans prices you hobos.

VictoryFC

Bench
Even at a $100, an NFL season ticket would cost $800. And tickets are not all 100+, you can find way cheaper ones. Contrary to popular belief, NFL stadiums do not all play to capacity, even with a measly 8 games at home.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Even at a $100, an NFL season ticket would cost $800. And tickets are not all 100+, you can find way cheaper ones. Contrary to popular belief, NFL stadiums do not all play to capacity, even with a measly 8 games at home.

Very true, Americans generally wont watch a losing team. I've seen plenty of NFL games involving the likes of the Browns and Texans, when they've had consecutivelly poor seasons where the stadium was barely half full at best. Some NHL clubs in the US struggle big time as well if they aren't going well.

I would like to think that if/when the TV deal boosts the leagues revenues, subsidising tickets will be a priority.

11,194 for the Raiders. They have done a great job with their crowds compared to last year with none under 10K and average of 13K. Is that down to the increase in memberships or is there another factor i've missed

seanoff

Juniors
Even if you forget the weather that is a great crowd.

AFL has $3 kids tickets. The Titans better make some changes before next season. I think they missed a golden opportunity to gain a lot of rusted on fans with cheap kids/family tickets over the past 3 years.

prices at the MCG (Locky rules this is for you) and all other AFL venues

adult $20.00, 15 and under $2.50, 5 and under $0 if you walk up.

if you book, $22.50, $3.80 and $1.30 iirc.

these are the prices that will be charged by the GC AFL side.

if i'm just a sports fan, i can take myself, partner + kids for about the same as 1 of those those Titans tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.