What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRLMad

Juniors
:lol: Good call. Something like 36,000, or maybe even 40,000 I cant remember. If Wellington Phoenix can get 20,000 in Christchurch, you would hope that something along those lines would be possible

20,721 in Christchurch in terrible conditions. Great crowd. Same fixture last year got 8021 at the SFS. Well done Steve Noyce.

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
Excellent figure in absolutely atrocious conditions. They could teach a thing or 2 to the masses who refuse to go to the footy in weather nowhere near as bad as what this game is being played in.

dgsfan

Juniors
Whats going wrong there? GC are a top 4 side. Is this gonna be another Swans case where the GC AFL team outdraws the local NRL side. I know prices are high but they should be drawing more than that.

dgsfan

Juniors
Whats going wrong there? GC are a top 4 side. Is this gonna be another Swans case where the GC AFL team outdraws the local NRL side. I know prices are high but they should be drawing more than that.

_Johnsy

Referee
pathetic crowd for the GC, a top 4 side playing at home should get more than 13k on a fine sunday afternoon.

Rovelli

Bench
The challenge for the second NZ team is to keep the fans. If this game is played at Mount Smart this afternoon, it would be lucky to reach 10,000.

I'm personally happy that the Roosters organisation benefited from taking the match to Christchurch.

As for the Titans/Knights, I could hear the 'Newcastle' chants loud and clear. Really disappointing crowd.

RedVee

First Grade
re Perth: whilst the crowd was down on last year there were a couple of factors, it's been freezing here and Perth people are notorius for not going out at night when its cold, the hot weather softens us up! Night before the game was the 2nd coldest since records began and last night was around the 2 degree mark. Interestingly I would say there was a larger walk up crowd last night than the previous year so maybe alot who had bought tickets with families decided to give it a miss. Secondly there was a really bad crash on the Mitchell freeway just after 6pm. This Freeway is the main Northern way into the city. We were sat in it for 1 and half hours and we were at the front. If we had set off at 7pm (normal time to get to MES) there is no way we would have got to the game. Thirdly the cost of this game is silly. Adult ticket prices are $35 - 45. When you are trying to attract casual sports fans you need some pretty good marketing and major event status to get people to pay $45 for a reserved seat to a sport they don't know much about.

re the ground, it has had a couple of mill spent on it since last year and its capacity is higher (hence why it looked emptier). It is around 22,500 now.

Still a great night though for us RL fans and we need and want more games please NRL!

Thanks for that explanation.
I watched the game and was disappointed at the crowd, especially since you are pushing for inclusion next time around.

20,721 at Christchurch. Excellent stuff!

Great crowd considering the weather.
Would Christchurch be a better location than Wellington if NZ was to get a 2nd team into the NRL?

smithie

Juniors
Titans must drop their ticket prices. Skilled Park should not be more expensive to go to than Suncorp Stadium.

All the tickets on the side that the camera faces are $55 - adult, $42 - junior.

Rovelli

Bench
Christchurch has more league background (if I could call it that) than Wellington, and would create the North-South, Auckland-Canterbury rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.