What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyg

Bench
Ground record due to the Eels and there fans,Panthers deserve no credit at all for that crowd.

FU Penrith

due to eels and there bandwagon dont you mean?? You've been struggling to get 10k all year, and in the grand final replay drew 7000 to the game. You are an absolute idiot. I don't doubt there were heaps of parra fans at the game...what I do doubt is that it was the same people going to games in rd 8 when eels were struggling for form. Eels bandwagon is the worst i have ever seen, and thats bad considering tigers from 2005. I haven't heard a beep from most of my mates all year, but on facebook today before the game I seen at least 50 comments from people going to the game tonight...most of the people have been to about 5 games in there whole life. It really annoys me...after last year all I tried to do as an NRL fan was to get them to join as a member or at least go to as many games as possible this year... It didn't happen...instead they wait till Eels win a game off the back of Hayne and cover the paper for a week before they go to a game. This week is going to be my worst nightmare with the Dogs v Eels given that Eels have just won on the back of Hayne. Nothing will please me more than to beat the eels in front of my 20+ mates who all of a sudden have loved the eels for 23 years etc. etc. since they were born.

The crowd tonight all that can be proved is that Sydney knows how to get a crowd when teams are going good....much like Brisbane have been going for the past 20 years. If that game was played at ANZ tonight it probably would have drawn well over 30,000...but it was probably a really good case of playing a good game in front of a packed suburban stadium IMO. There was no guarantee the crowd was going to come but it did and looked very very good.

Teddyboy

First Grade
due to eels and there bandwagon dont you mean?? You've been struggling to get 10k all year, and in the grand final replay drew 7000 to the game. You are an absolute idiot. I don't doubt there were heaps of parra fans at the game...what I do doubt is that it was the same people going to games in rd 8 when eels were struggling for form. Eels bandwagon is the worst i have ever seen, and thats bad considering tigers from 2005. I haven't heard a beep from most of my mates all year, but on facebook today before the game I seen at least 50 comments from people going to the game tonight...most of the people have been to about 5 games in there whole life. It really annoys me...after last year all I tried to do as an NRL fan was to get them to join as a member or at least go to as many games as possible this year... It didn't happen...instead they wait till Eels win a game off the back of Hayne and cover the paper for a week before they go to a game. This week is going to be my worst nightmare with the Dogs v Eels given that Eels have just won on the back of Hayne. Nothing will please me more than to beat the eels in front of my 20+ mates who all of a sudden have loved the eels for 23 years etc. etc. since they were born.

The crowd tonight all that can be proved is that Sydney knows how to get a crowd when teams are going good....much like Brisbane have been going for the past 20 years. If that game was played at ANZ tonight it probably would have drawn well over 30,000...but it was probably a really good case of playing a good game in front of a packed suburban stadium IMO. There was no guarantee the crowd was going to come but it did and looked very very good.
Just wish at least 8 clubs in the NRL could get that week in and week out.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

You are a absolute moron,Parramatta's crowds have been great considering they have been woeful for 90% of the season you idiot.

Parramatta's home games this season

18,293 against the Dragons
15,602 against the Sea Eagles
15,122 against the Raiders(Losing 11-0 to the Sharks the week before)
25,152 against Bunnies(ANZ)
31,911 against Bulldogs(ANZ)
13,058 against the Sharks
7,572 against the Storm
15,929 against the Broncos
11,177 against the Cowboys

Crowd average 17090

LOL @ struggling to get 10k

Top of the table Dragons

16,177 against the Bulldogs
13,267 against the Cowboys
15,374 against the Broncos
36,212 against the Roosters(Sydney football stadium)
15,779 against the Sharks
14,728 against the Raiders
15,068 against the Eels
16,574 against the Tigers
12,974 against the Panthers

Crowd average 17350

Parra have been woeful and yet there not far behind the team who is leading the comp with ease

LOL @ you

S.R.

Juniors
Take out the games that the Eels took to the home ground of their opposition, and they average 13,822. Not so impressive now is it?

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Take out the games that the Eels took to the home ground of their opposition, and they average 13,822. Not so impressive now is it?

Don't wanna sound like i'm defending HayneTrain, but you could say the same for the Dragons re: ANZAC Day

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If the Dogs win today expect a BUMPER(around 40k even) crowd on Friday Night. Even if they lose it will be a decent crowd.

WaznTheGreat

Referee

WRONG you dope

Dragons

Crowd average without Anzac day = 14992

Panthers

Crowd average = 13910

Sea Eagles

Crowd average(at Brooky) = 13146

etc etc

Parramatta are similar(better in some cases,Roosters etc) to most of the top 8

Plod plod you go

S.R.

Juniors
WRONG you dope

Dragons

Crowd average without Anzac day = 14992

Panthers

Crowd average = 13910

Sea Eagles

Crowd average(at Brooky) = 13146

etc etc

Parramatta are similar(better in some cases,Roosters etc) to most of the top 8

Plod plod you go

Wake up farktard.
Clubs need more than 13,000 to be successful.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Wake up farktard.
Clubs need more than 13,000 to be successful.

Wake up and learn to read f**ktard,not once did any of us mention anything about being successful or not in terms of crowd.

I was replying to the guy who said Eels fans are hopeless and bandwagon supporters by showing that the Eels are at a similar level to most clubs in the top 8 with crowd averages therefore im basically saying if your gonna bag the Eels then bag the whole damn lot you genius.

S.R.

Juniors
Wake up and learn to read f**ktard,not once did any of us mention anything about being successful or not in terms of crowd.

I was replying to the guy who said Eels fans are hopeless and bandwagon supporters by showing that the Eels are at a similar level to most clubs in the top 8 with crowd averages therefore im basically saying if your gonna bag the Eels then bag the whole damn lot you genius.

Yeah yeah. Righto.
Get back on the HayneWagon.

And I AM bagging the whole lot, you "dope". So why are you having a go at me?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Reality is 75% of clubs have somewhere in the region of 10-14,000 regular paying customers. It may go up or down by 1 or 2 thousand depending on form, convenience of game time, weather etc. but is reasonably consistent around that number. Sydney clubs have the advantage of derbies and away fans boosting crowds but strip those away fans out and you are back to the 10-14K home fans.

The million $ question is how to turn those 10-14 into 20-25.

Status
Not open for further replies.