What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Getting 20K to a game is a good thing so it's hard to bo to harsh. However i just don't understand how when 2 teams face who average like 18,000 a game each only pull 20,000 when they face each other when they play so close to one another.

MsStorm

Bench
Melbourne v Manly on a Monday night - 20000 IMHO

I'd love to see that crowd but don't think it will happen not on Monday night when schools resume.
GA prices start at $32.65 which is absolutely crazy, though this ticket can admit a child under 15 for free.

fanatique

Juniors
Getting 20K to a game is a good thing so it's hard to bo to harsh. However i just don't understand how when 2 teams face who average like 18,000 a game each only pull 20,000 when they face each other when they play so close to one another.

Any crowd appraoching 20,000 for a "Sydney Derby" is a good crowd. Yes we can say it is 10,000 each and that is smaller than their home average but if you look at home average versus out of Town teams and subtract the small out of town suppport the numbers of actual home fans at each game is way below 18,000. It was a good attendance. I expected about 22,000 and hoped for 24,000 but about 20 is not bad and totally within the expected range.

gronkathon

First Grade
They play out of the SFS to have financial security.

Same thing we did with ANZ except it is an much better place to watch the game than that abortion of a stadium in Homebush

Pazza

First Grade
two western sydney clubs playing out in eastern sydney? god the NRL has to get its act together!

SEAT 1A

Bench
My bad,actual crowd figure was better then it looked on tv

Thought the same Haynetrain. Was suprised when the number was advised.

An excellent effort for a FRI night when both teams supports have to do a bit of traveling to get to the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
the "Tigers" half of the operation

Uhm....

r253633_1045909.jpg

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Who took that picture?

That is hands down the greatest Rugby League photo I've ever seen. It should be used as the image of our game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:?

The NRL need to get their act together?

The NRL can control plenty of things. While I agree completely and it's a f**king travesty we have Wests playing in the East and Souths playing in the West, those CLUBS are responsible for controlling where they play, not the NRL.

Pazza

First Grade
:?

The NRL need to get their act together?

The NRL can control plenty of things. While I agree completely and it's a f**king travesty we have Wests playing in the East and Souths playing in the West, those CLUBS are responsible for controlling where they play, not the NRL.

i understand that the clubs make these decisions and only out of necessity and for survival. But i we all agree having sydney based clubs play away from their local areas is counter intuitive.

i blame the NRL for not only allowing clubs to do this but creating an environment where NRL clubs have to fight for survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts