What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley

Bench
Sales for the Broncos vs Sharks have been poor. Without a decent walk-up crowd I dare say that it will be lower than the Queensland Reds game tonight.

adamkungl

Immortal
Clowns... Canberra never draws a crowd in Sydney. Take a look at your own teams crowd averages you nuffies

9,000 sydney

so what is it.....too many teams? or too much apathy.

how is this sustainable.

the game might as well be lawn bowls.

sydney has too many teams, not enough interest

sort your sh*t out. sydney is he lickspittle of rugby towns

user_nat

Coach
Sales for the Broncos vs Sharks have been poor. Without a decent walk-up crowd I dare say that it will be lower than the Queensland Reds game tonight.

How many were there? They will also be behind the Lions probably.

Anyhow, Sharks v Brisbane is a 15 v 16 clash. Probably set a record for that.

MightyBronco

Juniors

26,669 for the reds (season high) Broncs will scrape in above that. Forecast of rain, and sharks have no fans up here. 33k for the Lions. All Victorians the lot of em.

Smiley

Bench
26,669 for the reds game.

Gold - Single Seat (was available this morning)
Maroon - Available
Blue - Available
White - Available

The upcoming Dragons and Titans games Gold is already Exhausted.

dragondad

First Grade
Back to the usual sh*te Roosters crowds after a loss.But they will all come out of hiding for the ANZAC Day match.No,actually like every year it will be a sea of red and white.

GCR

Juniors
Can't wait till Australia gets the soccer world cup so the Roosters can finally get that 60,000 seat stadium their fans are begging for :lol:

fanatique

Juniors
Back to the usual sh*te Roosters crowds after a loss.But they will all come out of hiding for the ANZAC Day match.No,actually like every year it will be a sea of red and white.

Stones...glas houses...throwing etc. Poor Rooster attendance today but it was V "interstate" oppo and they are not going well. In similar circumstances in recent years i seem to remember the "Rossobianci" struggle to five figures as well. The Dogs who are the biggest draw in Sydney has a string of sub 10K attendances in 2008. No one is immune to poor attendances and bagging clubs is wrong.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Stones...glas houses...throwing etc. Poor Rooster attendance today but it was V "interstate" oppo and they are not going well. In similar circumstances in recent years i seem to remember the "Rossobianci" struggle to five figures as well. The Dogs who are the biggest draw in Sydney has a string of sub 10K attendances in 2008. No one is immune to poor attendances and bagging clubs is wrong.

Thats why Sydney needs less clubs as well as having teams playing in there own grounds ala West Tigers.

dragondad

First Grade

Thats because they got the spoon that year!All sides when they do badly have the wheels fall off and get small crowds.However,I just seem to think the Roosters will never improve their crowd base as they are based in Sydney's fickle supporter area.

big country

Juniors
problem for rooster is that their old fans are dying off but there are no youngsters replacing them - have a look at their crowds - there are hard any under 18's - very bad signs considering their start to the season

We traditionally don't get good crowds on Sat nights or against Canberra so naturally the NRL drew us against the Raiders on a Saturday night.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The 'Dogs had a few sub 10k crowds because they were running second-to-last half the year and finished with the spoon. Even so, they averaged 14,802 at ANZ Stadium - more than every other Sydney team except the Tigers. :lol:
We traditionally don't get good crowds on Sat nights or against Canberra so naturally the NRL drew us against the Raiders on a Saturday night.
That's something for the Roosters management to either work out, or sit down with the NRL to rectify. The fact they seem okay with consistently poor crowds has me miffed - they have a FANTASTIC stadium (admittedly difficult to get to sometimes) and top-notch facilities and they're being watched by a handful - compare it to the Tigers who use the same ground and average THOUSANDS more per game...

Moffo

Referee
Removing the roosters from the east hands over the region to afl and rugby. They are a well supported club around the country, much more then your cronullas and penriffs.

As for the age of the crowd, it's the most affluent region in Australia. Of course there aren't going to be many kids and young families. RL needs to keep its presence in the wealthy suburbs to ensure it keeps it's status as sydneys game, not just the game for the blue collar suburbanite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts