What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to the fans.

Any club is bigger than a few people that want to cheat.

Really the fans are the club , they'll be there long after the admin and most of the players are gone.

In a strange way this whole thing could just make RL & the storm stronger by creating an US vs Them attitude.

typicalfan

Coach
Second biggest Melbourne crowd for a regular season game, the only one bigger was the one v the Dragons a month or so ago. I reckon the TV ratings on Fox will be really big as well.

Chook Norris

First Grade
funnily enough.. just two days ago they were saying on the news that the Storm regularly fail to attract more than 12,000 supporters to their games..

great crowd

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The Storm are going to help increase crowds now because of this scandal,they will always get good support at home and when they play on the road fans of the home side will come out in force in hoping to beat "The cheats" as they will call them.

skeepe

Immortal
If there were only 13,000 at Canberra Stadium then I'm not here.

My guess is they didn't take into account the free entry granted to defence personnel past and present, of which I'm sure there were many. Looked to be about 16,000 there.l

typicalfan

Coach
funnily enough.. just two days ago they were saying on the news that the Storm regularly fail to attract more than 12,000 supporters to their games..

great crowd
at first we all thought death of rugby league in melbourne but after the bellamy speech you felt that this rally to the fans would be heard. Craig Bellamy love him or hate him is a great personality to have down south.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A very good ANZAC weekend of crowds so far. Wasn't expecting 5 figures at Toyota, so that's a bonus and sees us 7 rounds into the season with only ONE crowd beneath 10k.

Round 7 with one game left:

CBY v BRI @ ANZ: 17,014
NQL v PAR @ DFS: 11,335
PEN v WST @ CUA: 19,220
CRO v NWC @ TYS: 10,662
CAN v SOU @ CBS: 13,145
STG v SYD @ SFS: 36,212
MEL v NZW @ ETS: 23,906

131,494 through the gates with one game in hand
which is an average of 18,785 per game

Status
Not open for further replies.