What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moffo

Referee
38k for brissy? pass the drugs around dude

geez we are playing a lot of high profile derbys early in the year. the back end of the year is going to struggle

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Beg to differ Moff - Parra v Dogs and Souths v Dogs appear again in the later rounds, Roosters v Dragons @ SCG as well. The draw looks balanced this year. The big downer will be during the middle and even then, there's more teams than ever taking games on the road - Roosters to Christchurch, Canterbury to Brisbane and Adelaide, Souths to Perth, Manly and Cronulla to Gosford etc...

Western_Eel

Juniors
My expected crowds for Round 8

Brisbane v Newcastle - 23,000
Parramatta v Canterbury - 36,000
New Zealand v Canberra - 13,000
Gold Coast v Penrith - 14,000
North Queensland v Melbourne - 15,000
St George v Cronulla - 20,000
Wests Tigers V Sydney - 17,000
Souths v Manly - 18,000

Some optimistic... Some conservative.
I think the eels dogs games your expectation is a bit rich! eels south only got 23k on a Sunday eels dogs on a Friday 20-25k its a prick to get to!

Frailty

First Grade
I think the eels dogs games your expectation is a bit rich! eels south only got 23k on a Sunday eels dogs on a Friday 20-25k its a prick to get to!

Well it certainly isn't as optimistic as others have suggested.

Furthermore, you can not compare Eels-Souths because they do not have the rivalry of the Bulldogs-Eels clashes. It is an 'event' game, that casual followers come to. Furthermore, the Souths game was when Parramatta had zero form.

And seriously, a prick to get to? ANZ stadium for all of its faults is one of the easiest grounds to get to. Good amount of parking available, good public transport available, and central to Sydney

The Tank

Bench
Round 8 Predictions

Brisbane v Newcastle - 22,000
Parramatta v Canterbury - 26,000
New Zealand v Canberra - 9,000
Gold Coast v Penrith - 16,000
North Queensland v Melbourne - 11,000
St George v Cronulla - 16,500
Wests Tigers V Sydney - 14,000
Souths v Manly - 18,000

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fantastic crowds all around.

Round 7:

CBY v BRI @ ANZ: 17,014
NQL v PAR @ DFS: 11,335
PEN v WST @ CUA: 19,220
CRO v NWC @ TYS: 10,662
CAN v SOU @ CBS: 13,145
STG v SYD @ SFS: 36,212
MEL v NZW @ ETS: 23,906
MAN v GCO @ BVL: 15,195

146,689 through the gates
which is an average of 18,336 per game

JW

Coach
Re: Brisbane, we'd probably get 38 thou against the Knights under the best of circumstances. At the moment though, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we managed as high as the low-30s. Mid-20's a real possibility though.

Pazza

First Grade
Fantastic crowds all around.

Round 7:

CBY v BRI @ ANZ: 17,014
NQL v PAR @ DFS: 11,335
PEN v WST @ CUA: 19,220
CRO v NWC @ TYS: 10,662
CAN v SOU @ CBS: 13,145
STG v SYD @ SFS: 36,212
MEL v NZW @ ETS: 23,906
MAN v GCO @ BVL: 15,195

146,689 through the gates
which is an average of 18,336 per game

great crowds! cant help but think that NQLD crowd would have been bigger if NQLD fans knew that thurston was playing.

The NRL has worked hard on memberships which have eliminated smaller crowds. I wonder what the NRL could do to boost these 17k -18k crowds into 20k - 25k crowds??? better deals for families?

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
great crowds! cant help but think that NQLD crowd would have been bigger if NQLD fans knew that thurston was playing.

The NRL has worked hard on memberships which have eliminated smaller crowds. I wonder what the NRL could do to boost these 17k -18k crowds into 20k - 25k crowds??? better deals for families?

I think they just need to keep doing what they are doing. We need as big a membership drive next off season as we did last (including all non Sydney teams as well this time). If each team can increase their memberships significantly for next season then i'm sure we can see crowds rise up to the 20,000 for next season.

I think so.

Kids should get in for cheap. And an adult pair of tickets bought with kids tickets should be reduced somehow. Parents jump on anything to make it cheaper.

Call it Foster A Future League Fan initiative. Not everyone plays junior league.

Last edited:

BackhanderBilly

Juniors
I think so.

Kids should get in for cheap. And an adult pair of tickets bought with kids tickets should be reduced somehow. Parents jump on anything to make it cheaper.

Call it Foster A Future League Fan initiative. Not everyone plays junior league.
Are you still on top of your smoking problem? Or has obesity over run you?

dogz08

First Grade
Parramatta v Canterbury - 27k
Brisbane v Newcastle - 26k
New Zealand v Canberra - 10k
Gold Coast v Penrith - 17k
North Queensland v Melbourne - 13k
St George Illawarra v Cronulla - 18k
Wests v Sydney - 15k
Souths v Manly - 14k

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Parramatta v Canterbury - 32k
Brisbane v Newcastle - 27k
New Zealand v Canberra - 9k
Gold Coast v Penrith - 16k
North Queensland v Melbourne - 16k (todays paper suggests 13k sold already)
St George Illawarra v Cronulla - 18k
Wests v Sydney - 17k
Souths v Manly - 19k

beave

Coach

Mate you could have told people that Michael Jordan was playing and I honestly don't think it would have made much of a difference. I think people are just sick of seeing this club play like a$$ week in week out, they put in a better performance effort wise against parra, but they still let themselves down with fundamental errors. I think the long weekend didn't help the crowd either, a lot of people head off for the 3 days camping and fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.