What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

yobbo84

Coach
Rabbitohs Zoom Past 6,000 Ticketed Members

01 Dec 2009

20106000TicketedMembersDetail-da3dafb8-aedf-49b3-9635-53c5e9b488e2.jpg

The Rabbitohs have broken through a number of Membership milestones today with over 6,000 Ticketed Members showing their allegiance to the Club for the 2010 season.

The Rabbitohs currently have 6,039 Ticketed Members in preparation for the start of 2010, but a lot of work is still to be done to reach the Club’s goal of 10,000 Ticketed Members in 2010.

The Rabbitohs also surpassed the 10,000 total Member mark today, on the way to the Club’s goal of 17,500 Members for the new season.

Today the number of RTR 2010 Tickets still available dipped below the 1,000 mark. With less than 1,000 tickets left for the first game of the season at the Rabbitohs’ traditional home in Redfern, you should not hesitate any longer to get your tickets for this game.

It’s now more important than ever for all Rabbitohs supporters to stand, be counted, and become a Ticketed Member of the Club.

To ensure you get the best seats at ANZ Stadium and Bluetongue Stadium for Rabbitohs home games in 2010, as well as all the other benefits of being a Member of the South Sydney Football Club, sign up for a Membership now.

Also remember that the only way you can watch new Rabbitohs recruits David Taylor and Sam Burgess play their first games in the red and green at the Return to Redfern match is to become a Ticketed Member.

Only Ticketed Members have access to purchase tickets to the Return to Redfern 2010 match between the Rabbitohs and the Sea Eagles on Sunday 7 February, the match in which Taylor and Burgess will play for the Rabbitohs for the first time.

To sign up for a Ticketed Membership and to purchase your Return to Redfern tickets, click here to do so online. You also save money by renewing or joining online.

Alternatively, you can join or renew your Membership on the phone by calling 02 8306 9922 or in person at 104 George St in Redfern.

Current Members can also renew by sending in their renewal forms which were sent to all existing Members in September.

If you live interstate, overseas or simply can’t get to a game, you can still support the Club by buying a non-ticketed Membership. Supporter Membership (adult) costs only $85 and Junior Membership starts from only $50.

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Rabbitohs-Zoom-Past-6000-Ticketed-Members.html

10k total members.

thats at a minimum 10,000 X 70 (if thats the non ticketed just footy club price. couldn be more who knows.)

i cant believe its taken to now for league teams to figure this out.

yobbo84

Coach
10k total members.

thats at a minimum 10,000 X 70 (if thats the non ticketed just footy club price. couldn be more who knows.)

i cant believe its taken to now for league teams to figure this out.

6,039 ticketed members @ a minimum of $160 = $966,240
3,961 non-ticketed members @ a minimum of $50 = $198,050

Which means if every one of the 10,000 members has purchased a bottom-of-the-range ticket, South Sydney have made at least $1,164,290.

Membership is the key to the future of the clubs, there's no doubt about it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
6,039 ticketed members @ a minimum of $160 = $966,240
3,961 non-ticketed members @ a minimum of $50 = $198,050

Which means if every one of the 10,000 members has purchased a bottom-of-the-range ticket, South Sydney have made at least $1,164,290.

Membership is the key to the future of the clubs, there's no doubt about it.
You would think at least 1k of that 6k is children, who wouldn't be priced at 160 minimum...

yeah but a kids club membership is about 70 bucks isnt it?

still cash money.

you really would need an individual breakdown.

for example. if the sharks signed up 7000 members and all 7000 spent the 199 on the members jersey then you make an easy 1393000.00

regardless, well done to souths and the dogs.

yobbo84

Coach
You would think at least 1k of that 6k is children, who wouldn't be priced at 160 minimum...

$160 is the price of a junior reserved seat membership. Anyway I was just speaking in generalities... I remember early this year Shane Richardson was quoted as saying the price of a ticketed membership averaged around $200... so if we hit our 10k goal it would mean $2million to the club, plus the money generated from non-ticketed membership...

yeah but you would have to also factor in that actual cost of the merchandise to the club.

like last year, the sharks send out a hat in a box that was packaged like a batman figurine.

packaging alone would have cost.

yobbo84

Coach
Time for pissing contest:

Bulldogs - 3,360 (www.bulldogs.com.au front page)
On sale November 9, on sale so far for 18 days. Average 187 members signing up per day.

Rabbitohs - 5,526 (www.rabbitohs.com.au front page)
On sale September 28, on sale so far for 61 days. Average 91 members signing up per day.

Although by comparison Souths were at 4,008 after 28 days, which is an average of 143 members signing up per day.

:crazy:

Also if you want to be a smartass about it, the Bulldogs count non-ticketed memberships in their tally, whereas that Souths total is ticketed memberships only.

See http://www.thebulldogs.com.au/membership/2010/What_is_a_Membership.php

ah i see.

well it all works out in the end.

i mean, you guys still get 100k a game from the stadium dont ya?

thats atleast 1 million..then your deals with perth and blue tongue.

sharks really needed to be onto this like 5 seasons ago

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

yobbo84

Coach
do we have to go through this petty arguing about semantics every year....

Yes. For the record I think the Bulldogs will end up No.1 in Sydney due to their form in 2009 and the cheap price of their tickets, however the fact remains; apples should be compared with apples.

big country

Juniors
:?

All you've done is linked me to a page that explains the membership breakdown, nowhere does it suggest that the figure on the front page of our website is both ticketek and non-ticketed members.

dude i questioned you on this last year and you chucked a hissy fit - do you know if the 3900 odd members are season ticket holders or not - a simple yes or no would be great