What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Saint Doc

Coach
It's been raised a million times before - it simply won't happen. If you're running a business you don't want to give your regular customers a cheaper option in the hope of gaining a few new customers. In any case a true fan will want a season ticket in the true sense of the word.

I think you've shot yourself in the foot here. I agree. The true, hard core fans will want a 12 match pass regardless. Its the casual market you're trying to tap in to. There a literally thousands of examples were businesses offer cheaper alternatives. Coles offer their "You'll love Coles" brand AND a basic Coles "No Frills" style brand. And they offer the same products. Just last night I was buying Chicken Kiev, and you could have Ingham for $6.99, You'll love Coles for $6.09 or Coles no frills for $3.99. All were the same 500g 2 pc chicken kiev.

What about Foxtel? Do they only offer a premium package where you must buy every single channel, or can you buy the basic package, sports package, movie package, kids package etc?

Mobile phones...how many differnt plans can you go on depending on your needs?

People will buy if it is value for money for what they are likely to use. At the moment most clubs are only tapping in to their core 5-6,000 that go to 10-12 games per year. That won't change...95% of people are not going to think "sweet, i'm gonna buy a 6 game pass (which isnt as good value per game as the 12 game pass) and then pay full price for the other 4...they'd come out behind and lose the opportunity to attend 2 games. It wouldn't happen.

What do you think the renewal rate is per year. I can bet you it isn't 100%. Maybe 85-90%?? Why do those people stop renewing. Sure, there might be on or off field reasons, but what about the ones who have a new baby and can't go every 2nd week this year? Or who are extending the house and have to tighten the belt? From a business point of view, dont you think it makes sense to have a "step down" package to offer these people rather than lose them completely? The same theory could be used as to why people dont start up memberships. Hmmm...is it really that good? What is it like getting the weekly emails, the member only events, the cap, etc? Do i want to spend $400 to find out?

big country

Juniors
I think you've shot yourself in the foot here. I agree. The true, hard core fans will want a 12 match pass regardless. Its the casual market you're trying to tap in to. There a literally thousands of examples were businesses offer cheaper alternatives. Coles offer their "You'll love Coles" brand AND a basic Coles "No Frills" style brand. And they offer the same products. Just last night I was buying Chicken Kiev, and you could have Ingham for $6.99, You'll love Coles for $6.09 or Coles no frills for $3.99. All were the same 500g 2 pc chicken kiev.

What about Foxtel? Do they only offer a premium package where you must buy every single channel, or can you buy the basic package, sports package, movie package, kids package etc?

Mobile phones...how many differnt plans can you go on depending on your needs?

People will buy if it is value for money for what they are likely to use. At the moment most clubs are only tapping in to their core 5-6,000 that go to 10-12 games per year. That won't change...95% of people are not going to think "sweet, i'm gonna buy a 6 game pass (which isnt as good value per game as the 12 game pass) and then pay full price for the other 4...they'd come out behind and lose the opportunity to attend 2 games. It wouldn't happen.

What do you think the renewal rate is per year. I can bet you it isn't 100%. Maybe 85-90%?? Why do those people stop renewing. Sure, there might be on or off field reasons, but what about the ones who have a new baby and can't go every 2nd week this year? Or who are extending the house and have to tighten the belt? From a business point of view, dont you think it makes sense to have a "step down" package to offer these people rather than lose them completely? The same theory could be used as to why people dont start up memberships. Hmmm...is it really that good? What is it like getting the weekly emails, the member only events, the cap, etc? Do i want to spend $400 to find out?

again, all this has been raised before - yet they still don't offer the "half a season ticket" - can i suggest my explanation might be the reason

jc155776

Coach
Sharks have a 5 game package for sale.

The games do not include Dragons and Manly The Five game pass features some lower drawing games to help increase gate numbers at these ones.

petetheileet

First Grade
Ive never bought a season passs yet attend more than 6 dragons games every year and probably another 5 of other clubs

depending on what team we play i want to go with different mates depending on who they support.

some people might say just get a GA membership but i like to choose where i sit

I might buy a non ticketed membership this year

i think previous years it was only available to people who live way out of sydney

adamkungl

Immortal
FAIL : the whole purpose of ticketed membership is maximising revenue, not halving it, or thereabouts. Never heard of a fan who only wants to go to half the home games anyway. All clubs would have considered this, for a few seconds, and then thrown it on the scrapheap.

:lol: Are you for real? Most clubs have a 5 or 6 game option. There are thousands of people who can't make every game but will be able to make some and still want to be members.

So, you FAIL.

big country

Juniors
:lol: Are you for real? Most clubs have a 5 or 6 game option. There are thousands of people who can't make every game but will be able to make some and still want to be members.

So, you FAIL.

haha - apart from Country or out of town 4-6 games packages how many teams offer 'half a season tickets' (apart from those who just want to show that their 'ticketed membership' numbers have increased) I think you'll find that YOU FAIL

Doug2234

First Grade
haha - apart from Country or out of town 4-6 games packages how many teams offer 'half a season tickets' (apart from those who just want to show that their 'ticketed membership' numbers have increased) I think you'll find that YOU FAIL

big country = big fail

adamkungl

Immortal

Broncos - Awesome Foursome pack - 4 games
Bulldogs - No
Canberra - No, but a silver membership which allows priority ticket purchasing for $15 for any game. Not a bad concept.
Cowboys - Awesome Foursome pack - 4 games
Gold Coast - No, same sort of deal as canberra
Melbourne - 5 game package for country members - must live 100km from Melb CBD
Manly - 6 Match Flexi-pass
Newcastle - ???
Parramatta - Regional 4 game membership, live 100km away
Penrith - Regional 4 game membership, live 90km away
Cronulla - Flexi-5 Membership
Souths - Regional 5 game pack, live 100km outside sydney CBD
Saints - 5 or 6 game packs specific to WIN and Jubilee
Roosters - 5 Game pack
Warriors - ??? brochure pdf doesnt seem to work.
Tigers - Tribe membership, 6 games at any home ground

So, 6 clubs offer flexi packs to 4, 5 or 6 games.
I had hoped it would be more, but 6 is still a fair few.

big country

Juniors
Bulldogs - No
Canberra - No, but a silver membership which allows priority ticket purchasing for $15 for any game. Not a bad concept.
Newcastle - ???
Roosters - 5 Game pack

wow - you did a fair bit of work there. But that's only 5 teams (apart from those which have distance restrictions and more than 1 home ground). And take away the Broncos and Cowboys from the equation you can see why the other 3 offer flexi passes (ie -look at their ticketed membership numbers)

Dogs Of War

Coach
wow - you did a fair bit of work there. But that's only 5 teams (apart from those which have distance restrictions and more than 1 home ground). And take away the Broncos and Cowboys from the equation you can see why the other 3 offer flexi passes (ie -look at their ticketed membership numbers)

I think more clubs would offer these sort of passes (with fixed games), if the schedule was fixed from the start of the season. Currently it's harder to get people to commit to season passes and even multi game passes as the games may not be on at a suitable time for you, and you won't know until it's too late.

jc155776

Coach
Yep.

Memberships will renmain poor in comparison until the season is set for the whole season.

People bitching about the possible "poor" TV games more often then not don't even attend live matches.

Doug2234

First Grade
Yep.

Memberships will renmain poor in comparison until the season is set for the whole season.

People bitching about the possible "poor" TV games more often then not don't even attend live matches.

Pray for the day that the season is set in full at the start of the year!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs - No
Newcastle - ???
Roosters - 5 Game pack

We've had an 'interstate' 4-game pack for ages.

Not to mention the $95 general admission membership means you only need to attend 5 of the 12 games you've paid for to get your moneys worth.

petetheileet

First Grade
there are so many hopes and dreams for this new tv deal but im very afraid it will fall way short of expectations..