What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Doug2234

First Grade
only cause your cheating, smart one making your 2 home grounds, 2 different season seat packages, so if someone buys both, its counted as 2 memberships, not one

wrong only counts as one buddy. This was suggested by a Souths fan earlier as a way to help him sleep at night.

I dont understand why Souths fans are getting so vocal over this. Good on em for having the highest so far in Sydney.

And good luck in the Charity Shield. It is your Grand Final after all.....

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
wrong only counts as one buddy. This was suggested by a Souths fan earlier as a way to help him sleep at night.

I dont understand why Souths fans are getting so vocal over this. Good on em for having the highest so far in Sydney.

Keep telling yourself its our Grand Final to make yourself feel better, i hope it helps. Everyone knows if it was the Saints Grand Final they would CHOKE!

Also personally i don't care if we win this challenge it's more important to reach the target in my eyes, grats to all teams that have made gains in their membership and lets hope it rises each year. Some memberships may be low but you have to start somewhere.

Last edited:

Doug2234

First Grade
Keep telling yourself its our Grand Final to make yourself feel better, i hope it helps. Everyone knows if it was the Saints Grand Final they would CHOKE!.

OUCH... from your reaction it looks like it hurts as you know its true!!

You sir took the bait ... hook, line and sinker!!!

Fein

First Grade
OUCH... from your reaction it looks like it hurts as you know its true!!

You sir took the bait ... hook, line and sinker!!!

Speaking of reactions Doug, you've been awfully quiet on the Doust claims.

Are you choking on that humble pie?

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
which is about 6700 ticketed from memory.

Nice i can see the bulldogs with 10K ticketed within a few years for sure. Also i know the sharks ticketed numbers are small but the fact that they are ahead of last years figures after that season they had is impressive.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nice i can see the bulldogs with 10K ticketed within a few years for sure. Also i know the sharks ticketed numbers are small but the fact that they are ahead of last years figures after that season they had is impressive.

I reckon the 'Dogs can still reach 10k ticketed this season - there should be another surge which will hopefully earn about another 2-3k of members between now and the start of the season.

Fein

First Grade
I reckon the 'Dogs can still reach 10k ticketed this season - there should be another surge which will hopefully earn about another 2-3k of members between now and the start of the season.

Let's hope so Timmah. ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"Supporting documentation" for my claim:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=5385922&postcount=398

On this date last year we had 4,001 members, this year today we have 8,007. We have doubled our total membership in relative terms to this date. A brilliant effort with plenty of room to move.

Being just short of 7k ticketed, I can't see any reason our final ticketed figure can't stretch past 9k or even 10k.

Goddo

Bench
Hopefully that is a trend we will see across all clubs... would be fantastic if we could get 4 or more teams with over 10k...

If Rabbitohs, Dragons, Broncos and Bulldogs pull over 10k now, within a few years, I'd say Gold Coast, Newcastle, Wests, Parramatta and Melbourne are all capable of achieving it too.

ouwet

Bench
"Supporting documentation" for my claim:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=5385922&postcount=398

On this date last year we had 4,001 members, this year today we have 8,007. We have doubled our total membership in relative terms to this date. A brilliant effort with plenty of room to move.

Being just short of 7k ticketed, I can't see any reason our final ticketed figure can't stretch past 9k or even 10k.

Big effort by Bulldog fans... Good stuff!

big country

Juniors
No one would buy 2 Dragons 6 game memberships. Its a lot more expensive than a 12 game one.

Maybe its an idea for other clubs.... 2 different 6 game membership packages. Get people who aren't interested in going to all the home games buying one. Make it more expensive per game than a 12 match one so people are still likely to take one of those out.

FAIL : the whole purpose of ticketed membership is maximising revenue, not halving it, or thereabouts. Never heard of a fan who only wants to go to half the home games anyway. All clubs would have considered this, for a few seconds, and then thrown it on the scrapheap.

Sonic Star

Juniors

You're as vocal as anyone in this thread.

Turn it up.

Saint Doc

Coach
FAIL : the whole purpose of ticketed membership is maximising revenue, not halving it, or thereabouts. Never heard of a fan who only wants to go to half the home games anyway. All clubs would have considered this, for a few seconds, and then thrown it on the scrapheap.

Are you kidding? Think about it. Most clubs are sitting around the 3-5,000 members range. Average crowd is around 16,000. So taking into account travelling fans, you've got about 10,000 fans to every single game who are not members, presumably because they can't commit to 12 games, or because the can't afford it. If you could get another couple of thousand fans to commit to 6 games, you're laughing. And once they get in the membership habit they're more likely to extend it when they are able.

Broncos example is even more compelling...10-11,000 members, average crowds around 30,000 and minimal away fan support compared to Sydney clubs. 20,000 fans every game (probably from a pool of 40,000 people) who are not members. Imagine if they could convert that pool of people even into smaller memberships - they'd have 50,000 members!!!

big country

Juniors
Are you kidding? Think about it. Most clubs are sitting around the 3-5,000 members range. Average crowd is around 16,000. So taking into account travelling fans, you've got about 10,000 fans to every single game who are not members, presumably because they can't commit to 12 games, or because the can't afford it. If you could get another couple of thousand fans to commit to 6 games, you're laughing. And once they get in the membership habit they're more likely to extend it when they are able.

Broncos example is even more compelling...10-11,000 members, average crowds around 30,000 and minimal away fan support compared to Sydney clubs. 20,000 fans every game (probably from a pool of 40,000 people) who are not members. Imagine if they could convert that pool of people even into smaller memberships - they'd have 50,000 members!!!

It's been raised a million times before - it simply won't happen. If you're running a business you don't want to give your regular customers a cheaper option in the hope of gaining a few new customers. In any case a true fan will want a season ticket in the true sense of the word.

Billythekid

First Grade
Hopefully that is a trend we will see across all clubs... would be fantastic if we could get 4 or more teams with over 10k...

If Rabbitohs, Dragons, Broncos and Bulldogs pull over 10k now, within a few years, I'd say Gold Coast, Newcastle, Wests, Parramatta and Melbourne are all capable of achieving it too.

We were one of the leading clubs for season ticket holders while we were playing out of OP. IMO it is a dead certainty that we will pass 10,000 either this year or next year.

In the next few years i think we can go close to topping the NRL.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It's been raised a million times before - it simply won't happen. If you're running a business you don't want to give your regular customers a cheaper option in the hope of gaining a few new customers. In any case a true fan will want a season ticket in the true sense of the word.

You can't be serious. Most people won't attend all the 6 matches they purchase, just because they can't attend them all. Since I started buying the cheapest membership (with a 2 game pass), I find I actually don't use those 2 tickets at all, I just buy tickets where I prefer to sit (ANZ behind the posts sucks). I am sure plenty of others will have similar tales, really I buy membership to support the club in a financial way. This is what ensures your club is there for a long time in the future.