What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 WC Opener - South Africa 1 Mexico 1 - Group A

Ridders

Coach
Stadium would have exploded if Mphela could have finished that chance in the 90th minute.

Ends 1-1. Good result for SA.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Fair result in the end, although shame that South Africa couldn't win. Would've really helped their chances of progressing.

Top game though. Both sides played very positively, it was South Africa's fast breaks and good off the ball movement versus Mexico neat possession football, hope this sets a standard.

Also I tipped a 1-1 draw!

Last edited:

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
That was quite a good game, was rooting for SA there in the end even though i tipped Mexico.

Ridders

Coach
Who did you guys think was MOTM?

Dos Santos was pretty active throughout but I'd give it to the SA keeper, Khune. Pulled off a couple of great saves and was good throughout.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its a shame Dos Santos cant get his act together, he is no doubt very talented

he's only played one or two games for Spurs but harry wont have him as he's a very poor trainer and like to party hearty

he's currently on loan to Galastaray

DB

First Grade
Why was Vela's goal disallowed..... I thought the man on the line would have made him onside?