What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 GF | PREMIERS - Sea Eagles 24-10 Warriors @ ANZ

2011 PREMIERS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
A neutral who needs to sort his eye sight out.

The replay was in super slow motion and he quite clearly knocked on.

Ever heard of the butterfly effect? For all we know if Manlys try was denied, as it should have been, Warriors could have smashed Manly in the 2nd half.

The fact is if the Warrior no-try from the Vatuvei knock on was given all Manly fans on here would be crying blue murder.

So f**k you very much
Oh, do grow up. I understand your team just lost a Grand Final. Everybody's does, unless you support Brisbane. It hurts, but try to take it like a man rather than a young boy.

The Butterfly Effect is a meteorological phenomena whereby -any- minute change can have immense repercussions. Using it to postulate a Warriors victory is like saying the Warriors could have won by 40 if they'd received at the beginning of the game, or -Manly- could have won by 40 if the Vatuvei try was given. Either possibility is just that - a possibility.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
My issues with the calls aren't the fact that they were 50-50 calls that could go either way, but two of them at least were so blatantly bad it could only be that the refs were trying so hard to see everything that they missed what was right in front of them. Both those calls denied the Warriors field position that they were starved of and those calls were a big part of that.

Whether the would've won? Don't know, don't care. Manly have good defense and could've held them out, after all Maloney dropped it cold the first chance they had. Could've happened again.

As I said though, the only thing that bothers me out of this is the fact that such blatant wrong calls are still being made and unfortunately for the Warriors it went against them today.

BunniesMan

Immortal
lol @ Brett Stewart haters. Firstly he is completely right and Gallop is completely in the wrong in their feud. Secondly, you people have no idea what he said. For all you know he said "mate I'm over it, we're sweet". And if he didn't say that, I understand it. If someone who is meant to be on my side threw me under the bus like Gallop did, I'd never forgive him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Cue the conspiracy theory's about what Brett Stewart said to Gallop ...
Who the hell f**king cares !!

What do you mean who cares? We can't just have open season on the games administration.

Even in soccer that's not tolerated. If it comes to light that Stewart gave Gallop a spray he should, rightly, be severely punished. That would be true even if Stewart was the cleanest player in the game

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
What do you mean who cares? We can't just have open season on the games administration.

Even in soccer that's not tolerated. If it comes to light that Stewart gave Gallop a spray he should, rightly, be severely punished. That would be true even if Stewart was the cleanest player in the game

How do you know he gave him a spray ?Did you hear it ? were you standing on the podium with them ? if he has given him a spray then Gallop will discipline him again
I'm saying people on here are making definate statements about what was said when they dont have a clue mate

ironhorse

Juniors
Don't know who noticed that Stewart shook his head and then brushed the little kid he was supposed to give the ball to ! Filthy self absorbed merkin .

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
The conspiracy theories are really fairly childish. Why on earth would the NRL want -Manly- of all sides to win? They stood to gain far more with a Warriors victory - it'd have been the perfect foil for the RWC, which will now attract the New Zealand public's undivided attention, and boosted the popularity of the game in a crucial region. All they got instead was a victory by the team everyone can't stand, with all the bad press, whose players have problems with the game's top administrator. If there was any deliberate bias, it should have been to the Warriors.

Oh, do grow up. I understand your team just lost a Grand Final. Everybody's does, unless you support Brisbane. It hurts, but try to take it like a man rather than a young boy.

The Butterfly Effect is a meteorological phenomena whereby -any- minute change can have immense repercussions. Using it to postulate a Warriors victory is like saying the Warriors could have won by 40 if they'd received at the beginning of the game, or -Manly- could have won by 40 if the Vatuvei try was given. Either possibility is just that - a possibility.

You moron. Your line of reasoning is stupid, possibilities vary and are less reasonable than others. To imply they're all on an equal footing makes you an idiot.

Warriors getting the first penalty and winning by 100 is a possibility, but it would never happen. Manly being denied a try, going into the 2nd half only 4 points in front and Warriors coming back doesn't compare to your preposterous scenarios.

The fact is - and it is a fact - that Manly got a massive leg up from the referees in the 1st half. It's not unreasonable to suggest the Warriors could have come out on top of the 1st half was George Rose rightfully sin binned or sent off.

When I'm saying this I'm not being bitter of unreasonable, I'm using elementary common sense.

And I'm one of the few Warriors fans in this thread celebrating some of the great Manly tries in the game. The better team won, but had the refereeing gone our way it's debatable that Manly would have been the better team. Understand?

How do you know he gave him a spray ?Did you hear it ? were you standing on the podium with them ? if he has given him a spray then Gallop will discipline him again
I'm saying people on here are making definate statements about what was said when they dont have a clue mate

I don't know, which is why I said IF.

Judging from Stewarts previous behavior you couldn't blame anyone for coming to conclusions about what Stewart said. He has form, after all.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
You moron. Your line of reasoning is stupid, possibilities vary and are less reasonable than others. To imply they're all on an equal footing makes you an idiot.

Warriors getting the first penalty and winning by 100 is a possibility, but it would never happen. Manly being denied a try, going into the 2nd half only 4 points in front and Warriors coming back doesn't compare to your preposterous scenarios.

The fact is - and it is a fact - that Manly got a massive leg up from the referees in the 1st half. It's not unreasonable to suggest the Warriors could have come out on top of the 1st half was George Rose rightfully sin binned or sent off.

When I'm saying this I'm not being bitter of unreasonable, I'm using elementary common sense.

And I'm one of the few Warriors fans in this thread celebrating some of the great Manly tries in the game. The better team won, but had the refereeing gone our way it's debatable that Manly would have been the better team. Understand?

Of course the ref's are piss poor. Look who runs them ! Here a question for all those who believe Manly got biased reffing .
Why would Harrigan of all people want Manly to Win (Cement truck anyone )

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Did you guys see B.Stewart after he stepped off the podium? Pretty sure he stamped on a couple of passing ants. F**king Merkin. May have even given it a spray afterwards. :sarcasm:

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors

Actually, I was doing nothing of the sort - I was simply commenting on your obviously ill-chosen reference to scientific theory to justify your own anger at your side's loss. The Butterfly Effect states that repercussions from single events are ultimately unknowable - that was my point. Using it to point towards a single possible permutation contradicts one of the theory's primary tenets - i.e: knowing is plain impossible.

As for the rest of your post - you think that, if it makes you feel better. It's a fairly pointless aspect of enquiry, as far as I'm concerned. The team I wanted to win, lost.

Last edited:

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
I don't know, which is why I said IF.

Judging from Stewarts previous behavior you couldn't blame anyone for coming to conclusions about what Stewart said. He has form, after all.

True he does have form, i'll give you that and i wouldnt be surpised if he did give him shit.
Personally i think its deserved

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Of course the ref's are piss poor. Look who runs them ! Here a question for all those who believe Manly got biased reffing .
Why would Harrigan of all people want Manly to Win (Cement truck anyone )

It wasn't bias, just the usual crap. However it did deny the Warriors a couple of opportunities to mount pressure which is the only disappointing thing about it. Not saying it would've changed the result, and probably wouldn't have, but it was disappointing nonetheless.

Good thing about the NRL is that there's always next season.

Latest posts