What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 GF | PREMIERS - Sea Eagles 24-10 Warriors @ ANZ

2011 PREMIERS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redvwhite

Juniors
The thing about Rose was that it was very deliberate . He missed the tackle then chased him down and smacked him in the face with the elbow . 6 weeks if the NRL are actually serious .I think big georgey lost a few fans Tonight .

Well he didn't lose me.

I was never a fan.

Actually, I was doing nothing of the sort - I was simply commenting on your obviously ill-chosen reference to scientific theory to justify your own anger at your side's loss. The Butterfly Effect states that repercussions from single events are ultimately unknowable - that was my point. Using it to point towards a single possible permutation contradicts one of the theory's primary tenets - i.e: knowing is plain impossible.

As for the rest of your post - you think that, if it makes you feel better. It's a fairly pointless aspect of enquiry, as far as I'm concerned. The team I wanted to win, lost.

I didn't say I knew, I didn't even imply it. I threw out possibilities, very valid possibilities. Yet you want to engage in fallacy and attempt to reduce my argument to the absurd, by throwing out wild suggestions that while theoretically possible are rather stupid and unlikely.

What next, are you going to argue we can't guess what the weather might be next Saturday? There's a difference between knowing and theorising - you're obviously smart enough to know this.

Give it up mate.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
I didn't say I knew, I didn't even imply it. I threw out possibilities, very valid possibilities. Yet you want to engage in fallacy and attempt to reduce my argument to the absurd, by throwing out wild suggestions that while theoretically possible are rather stupid and unlikely.

What next, are you going to argue we can't guess what the weather might be next Saturday? There's a difference between knowing and theorising - you're obviously smart enough to know this.

Give it up mate.
I was objecting to your choice of wording, not the theories themselves - I've stated this once already. You can't use the 'Butterfly effect' theory to justify a counterfactual postulation - that's not what the theory means. I've no real interest in the hypothesising otherwise - like I said, I wanted the Warriors to win, and they didn't. It doesn't really make me feel any better arguing that they -could- have. They didn't.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I just hope the transition goes smoothly. Would hate to see a bumpy transition as we so clearly have the talent to be title contenders for the near future.

I think it will be pretty seemless. Bluey is smart enough to see the Warriors are on the right track.

The outside backs and backrow will be the points of interest. The rest pretty much pick themselves.

Butters

Bench
Are warriors fans/bandwagons seriously having a sook about the refs? FMD the only reason they were even in the grand final was because of the inept performance of the very same refs the week before. :lol:

I was objecting to your choice of wording, not the theories themselves - I've stated this once already. You can't use the 'Butterfly effect' theory to justify a counterfactual postulation - that's not what the theory means. I've no real interest in the hypothesising otherwise - like I said, I wanted the Warriors to win, and they didn't. It doesn't really make me feel any better arguing that they -could- have. They didn't.

Well it would pay to go back and read my choice of words.

I can and did use the Butterfly Effect to argue that had the refereeing been different the result could have been and the Warriors may well have won.

There is no error or flaw in what I've said.

Are warriors fans/bandwagons seriously having a sook about the refs? FMD the only reason they were even in the grand final was because of the inept performance of the very same refs the week before. :lol:

you just seem mad that for once the cheats were not given every penalty and piggy backs to the other end.

btw, cheats will never win a legit premiership, how do you like them apples?

Butters

Bench
The NRL seems to think otherwise. Melbourne 1999, 2007 and 2009 are all on the premiership trophy :cool:

Danish

Referee
Very 2009-esque game.

Manly dominant all year, whetheres an early onslaught of possession to lead at half time and never looked back, save for a short flurry by the warriors.

Yeah there were a couple crucial calls (whatmough incorrect play the ball being the most blatant) but really the correct result for how the teams performed on the day was found.

Brett Stewart still a garment till the end though

ceagle

Bench
:lol::lol::lol:

If anyone is wondering why Manly fans are universally despised, I present to you Exhibit A.
:lol::lol:

If anyone is wondering why Skeepe is the sookiest bitch on this forum, I present to you Exhibit A.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Pretty frustrating game to watch. Manly playing competently & the Warriors with too many mistakes. Also the 9 commentary was rubbish. Warren is a senile old dribbler but I've realised that Gould is the worst of them. He develops one or two themes for the game and then constantly harps on them. e.g. tonight it was marveling at the Warriors & how they throw the ball about like kids in the back garden. It was also annoying that the Warriors finally decided to play in the last 20 when it was too late. The refs made some howlers in the first half but overall Manly were the better side and deserved winners.
I suppose it's officially 2012 pre-season now - who'll be the first 50uff$ fan to tip them for the premiership?

nomis88

Juniors
Really impressed by those Warriors fans who sit down after the NZ anthem and remain seated for the Aussie anthem. Anyway they got their just desserts being soundly beaten by the mighty Sea Eagles. Courageous game by Steve Matai - great stuff.